Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Terrence Ross' highlight reel dunks

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrence Ross' highlight reel dunks

Put all the Ross' highlight reel dunks in here!

In 20+ whatever games, Ross has already put together a lot of highlight reel dunks.

Just an amazing leaper, very explosive. This guy should seriously be in the slam dunk contest this year.

Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unrelated to him dunking I wish he would take that beautiful jumper of his with more confidence o well that will come with time this kid can shoot the lights out. Glad he has been driving to the rim when he is struggling on his shot though.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the fact that he jumps off of one and two feet.

On a side note, while I think he is a good shooter, does his shot look as nice as everyone says? I find he is not in great ballance all the time and is a little inconsistand with his form.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see him in the contest, but true dunkers like ross always lose to the gimicky dunkers. To win, he'd have to bust out a choir and a kia, take a two-ball lob from sonny weems over in Moscow and finish thru the legs with a superman cape on. while signing a 4 year, 40 million dollar extension

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Unrelated to him dunking I wish he would take that beautiful jumper of his with more confidence o well that will come with time this kid can shoot the lights out. Glad he has been driving to the rim when he is struggling on his shot though.
    He's in a little bit of a shooting slump right now. It happens, i'm not too worried about it. He's a great shooter.

By the way, nice avatar IROR.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    His jimmy is silk. His focus is off though, I noticed last night an awkward release as well.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was saying to my buddy at the game last night how different it is when T Ross gets the ball in the open court (with guys around him) than DD. T Ross gets the look in his eye and you KNOW hes gonna dunk it. On his 2nd dunk last night .. someone (CJ Watson) was in front of him, but he just dribbled confidently, elevated and essentially said, "get the fuck outa the way" .. and threw it down. DD doesnt do that (not many guys in the league do). Vince certainly did. Hes not quite Vince .. but in this way, he does remind me of VC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    I was saying to my buddy at the game last night how different it is when T Ross gets the ball in the open court (with guys around him) than DD. T Ross gets the look in his eye and you KNOW hes gonna dunk it. On his 2nd dunk last night .. someone (CJ Watson) was in front of him, but he just dribbled confidently, elevated and essentially said, "get the fuck outa the way" .. and threw it down. DD doesnt do that (not many guys in the league do). Vince certainly did. Hes not quite Vince .. but in this way, he does remind me of VC.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. He actually tries to dunk, and does it effortlessly just like Carter.

Post Thanks / Like

Derozan always lays it in when he's in traffic... Now I'm not saying dunking it in traffic is easy... But I bet he'd get more calls if he tried.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Derozan is much better at laying it in in traffic though. I like the fact that he is capable of those finishes, but agree that they also lessen his chances to get a foul because they involve more finesse than an aggressive dunk. The thing is, that just like derrick rose, if you can get tough layups to go in effortlessly and from impossible angles, then you can really dominate a game. Dunks are full of a lot more effort, and you cannot put up 20 points on dunks.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

in compton dd would get shot for dunking on someone. what he doesnt realize is that this is canada where you will get a hand shake not a bullet

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AJ360 wrote: View Post
    Derozan always lays it in when he's in traffic... Now I'm not saying dunking it in traffic is easy... But I bet he'd get more calls if he tried.
    Your right he needs to go up strong. No question he will get more calls this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Already one of my favourite Raps to watch

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's so quick and explosive, and has surprisingly good handles. The potential is mouth-watering

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    He's so quick and explosive, and has surprisingly good handles. The potential is mouth-watering
    I'd love to keep him around for a while and see who turns out better between Ross and DeRozan. Then trade one for a position of need, win win situation

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I'd love to keep him around for a while and see who turns out better between Ross and DeRozan. Then trade one for a position of need, win win situation

I'd like to see Ross bulk up more, then either can play SF (need) or SG, and be the wing duo we never had (looking at you, Carter, T-Mac, and to a lesser extent Weems)
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see Ross bulk up more, then either can play SF (need) or SG, and be the wing duo we never had (looking at you, Carter, T-Mac, and to a lesser extent Weems)
    That could work too but DeRozan needs to become an above average offensive and defensive wing player to be able to play the 3. Ross could pull it off since he's got long arms, hops, and a great shooting touch. Either could play the 3 i guess, time will tell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Or.... We move Demar Derozan to the small forward position (6'7, bulked up significantly), who would be very capable of playing at that position, and insert Ross at the 2 guard. That way, defensively these two can use their athleticism, and both could really play off one another. Ross from 3, while Derozan posts up? Lob from Ross to Derozan and vice versa? The potential of BOTH playing TOGETHER is crazy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Or.... We move Demar Derozan to the small forward position (6'7, bulked up significantly), who would be very capable of playing at that position, and insert Ross at the 2 guard. That way, defensively these two can use their athleticism, and both could really play off one another. Ross from 3, while Derozan posts up? Lob from Ross to Derozan and vice versa? The potential of BOTH playing TOGETHER is crazy...
    This.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information