Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Something is Brewing, I Smell a Trade Coming Up

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Something is Brewing, I Smell a Trade Coming Up

Gasol is out versus Knicks while Bargs is out indefinitely, i smell a trade coming up.

Calderon is playing at a high level to showcase his talent before he's gone, he will be missed, still manage to dish 10+ pts and 10+ asts on any given nights as a starter. Anytime now, BC, pull the goddamn trigger, hopefully before Dec.15th we can hear the good news.

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to think that BC is neither capable nor willing to trade Bargs for something of real long-term value in return. By value I mean youth+talent.

Raptors Republic Rookie Ed Davis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They are out because of injuries, not because they are being held out of games for a trade. Calderon is not playing at a high level. He still isn't shooting well, he just got more assists because he got more playing time since Lowry is out.

Hopefully we see a trade soon, but I don't see any reason to think a deal is close yet. I certainly hope BC is on his phone constantly trying to work something out.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Gasol is out versus Knicks while Bargs is out indefinitely, i smell a trade coming up.

Calderon is playing at a high level to showcase his talent before he's gone, he will be missed, still manage to dish 10+ pts and 10+ asts on any given nights as a starter. Anytime now, BC, pull the goddamn trigger, hopefully before Dec.15th we can hear the good news.
    hahaha this really made my day

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

thats your intuition, a couple injured guys? Wow, we are getting desperate around here lately...

Everyone is waiting till the full rosters open up on the 15th. Thats the absolute earliest you will see movement. Nothing before.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Orrrr, it could just mean that they're both injured....

We're not hearing any Rubio for Bynum rumours just because they're injured
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i smell something! kind of smells like front st. on a rainy afternoon LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Something tells me when dudes that were signed this year are eligible to be traded is when you'll see something happen

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL
    Not sure if serious ... or just really stupid.

Bargnani tore a ligament in his shooting elbow... thats a fact

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Orrrr, it could just mean that they're both injured....

We're not hearing any Rubio for Bynum rumours just because they're injured
    The rumour this morning on ESPNRadio was that Rubio is coming back to play this weekend, I believe they said Saturday. And there are still plenty of rumours(truths) out there about Bynum being a dickhead.

Oh. I guess u meant trade rumours... carry on then.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

hahahaha. ok. Seems like a great time to trade one of your 2 functioning point guards right now doesn't it? When Bargs went down his only option became amnesty or keep. I suspect it will be keep.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A trade could/should be coming, but I don't think it would have anything to do with Bargs and Gasol sitting.

I mean if I were BC and on the final year of my contract and my team has the second worst record in the league, and I'm on the verge of losing the guys in the locker and am entering a strech of games where my team is playing at home in front of frustrated fans that are going to start booking my team every time the other team goes on a bit of a run. Heck yeah there better be a trade coming.

When you play on the road you don't have to face the people that make it possible for you to have a job. When you're at home there is no escape. Fans booing at it's own team every game is the kind of shit that gets played on ESPN so much that you become the laughing stock of of GM's.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

How much of the season did Bargnani miss last year? HALF. How much of the season will he miss this year? Likely half.

I swear this guy hurt himself at home while stiring his Primo pasta sauce. I think the team should launch a full investigation to find out.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    A trade could/should be coming, but I don't think it would have anything to do with Bargs and Gasol sitting.

I mean if I were BC and on the final year of my contract and my team has the second worst record in the league, and I'm on the verge of losing the guys in the locker and am entering a strech of games where my team is playing at home in front of frustrated fans that are going to start booking my team every time the other team goes on a bit of a run. Heck yeah there better be a trade coming.

When you play on the road you don't have to face the people that make it possible for you to have a job. When you're at home there is no escape. Fans booing at it's own team every game is the kind of shit that gets played on ESPN so much that you become the laughing stock of of GM's.
    Well it could get very ugly at the ACC the next two weeks.....

Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one to think that its best to package Lowry in a trade, hopefully that would bring back more .. not a fan of his and I really see him being the NEXT problem after Primo Pasta

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imaginelino wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one to think that its best to package Lowry in a trade, hopefully that would bring back more .. not a fan of his and I really see him being the NEXT problem after Primo Pasta
    Raps should blow it up.

Focus on financial flexibility 3 years out.

Trade for unprotected draft picks or the right to swap picks - preferably with crappy teams - by taking on the worst of the worst contracts. If Lowry can net this, awesome. Only true keeper right now is JV in my opinion. C is the hardest position to fill.... well, for every other team, SF appears to be Toronto's issue.

Get as many irons in the fire for 2014 draft as possible. Wiggins being Canadian is only icing on the cake, the fact he has been called the best talent since LeBron is the real reason. And if the Raps don't get him, well, as of now 6 of the top 8 picks at DraftExpress.com are SF's and there appears to be a 6'6" PG too (Andrew Harrison). A lot can change between now and then but just saying.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imaginelino wrote: View Post
    Not a fan of his game either. Reckless and selfish point guards spell trouble for a franchise unless you're uber talented like Westbrook and have Durant to keep you in check. I would love to see Rubio in a raptors uniform.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Raps should blow it up.

Trade for unprotected draft picks or the right to swap picks - preferably with crappy teams - by taking on the worst of the worst contracts. If Lowry can net this, awesome. Only true keeper right now is JV in my opinion. C is the hardest position to fill.... well, for every other team, SF appears to be Toronto's issue.

Get as many irons in the fire for 2014 draft as possible. Wiggins being Canadian is only icing on the cake, the fact he has been called the best talent since LeBron is the real reason. And if the Raps don't get him, well, as of now 6 of the top 8 picks at DraftExpress.com are SF's and there appears to be a 6'6" PG too (Andrew Harrison). A lot can change between now and then but just saying.
    Agree with you 100% but MLSE has a different agenda where it is not willing to lose money but make people keep drinking the koolaid of treadmill mediocre team in order to fill up the ACC.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

rumblings of a board meeting in Raptor land, some fans think Bryan is getting axed, but IMO could be the Andrea deal and he is seeking board aproval

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    While on an abstract level I am OK with this approach, the pragmatic in me says BryCo blew all the financial flexibility for reasons that still escape me, and the realist in me says the paying customers and sponsors deserve a better product sooner rather than later.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information