Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Something is Brewing, I Smell a Trade Coming Up

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen
    At end of regularly scheduled board luncheon, Bryan Colangelo, MLSE Board "informally discussed" state of Raptors. Story coming via @npsport

Brian Gerstein ‏@RaptorsDevotee
    Smith and Jonesy were on PTS. They reported that the MLSE board met first with Casey, and then with Colangelo individually.
    If true, that would probably be the safest thing for Colangelo. If I was Casey I would be mighty pissed off with Colangelo. Oh wait, I'm not Casey and I am already pissed off with Colangelo. That showed no class by Colangelo.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    if im not mistaken plenty of NBA players have been delt even while injured...so its not completely out of the realm of possibility..although it is unlikely..
    I agree it has happened, but I don't think it is our secret that Andrea is an offense only type player and with two injuries to his shooting arm, I don't think a trade is going to happen. Isn\t there some sort of physical that he would have to pass to conclude the trade?

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    I agree it has happened, but I don't think it is our secret that Andrea is an offense only type player and with two injuries to his shooting arm, I don't think a trade is going to happen. Isn\t there some sort of physical that he would have to pass to conclude the trade?
    Id assume that they'd have to take a physical but dont have to pass...the team getting the player would have to agree to accept the players injury.. i think anyway..

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Physicals can be waived.

They are sometimes used when teams get trade remorse, and their market is not swallowing the trade, it becomes your last option to ditch the deal as part of the terms.

We took JO with a wink wink physical. If teams know the risk they sometimes waive those physicals. Like when we traded Ford away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information