Something is Brewing, I Smell a Trade Coming Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imaginelino wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one to think that its best to package Lowry in a trade, hopefully that would bring back more .. not a fan of his and I really see him being the NEXT problem after Primo Pasta
    Raps should blow it up.

Focus on financial flexibility 3 years out.

Trade for unprotected draft picks or the right to swap picks - preferably with crappy teams - by taking on the worst of the worst contracts. If Lowry can net this, awesome. Only true keeper right now is JV in my opinion. C is the hardest position to fill.... well, for every other team, SF appears to be Toronto's issue.

Get as many irons in the fire for 2014 draft as possible. Wiggins being Canadian is only icing on the cake, the fact he has been called the best talent since LeBron is the real reason. And if the Raps don't get him, well, as of now 6 of the top 8 picks at DraftExpress.com are SF's and there appears to be a 6'6" PG too (Andrew Harrison). A lot can change between now and then but just saying.

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
      Am I the only one to think that its best to package Lowry in a trade, hopefully that would bring back more .. not a fan of his and I really see him being the NEXT problem after Primo Pasta
      Not a fan of his game either. Reckless and selfish point guards spell trouble for a franchise unless you're uber talented like Westbrook and have Durant to keep you in check. I would love to see Rubio in a raptors uniform.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Raps should blow it up.

Trade for unprotected draft picks or the right to swap picks - preferably with crappy teams - by taking on the worst of the worst contracts. If Lowry can net this, awesome. Only true keeper right now is JV in my opinion. C is the hardest position to fill.... well, for every other team, SF appears to be Toronto's issue.

Get as many irons in the fire for 2014 draft as possible. Wiggins being Canadian is only icing on the cake, the fact he has been called the best talent since LeBron is the real reason. And if the Raps don't get him, well, as of now 6 of the top 8 picks at DraftExpress.com are SF's and there appears to be a 6'6" PG too (Andrew Harrison). A lot can change between now and then but just saying.
        Agree with you 100% but MLSE has a different agenda where it is not willing to lose money but make people keep drinking the koolaid of treadmill mediocre team in order to fill up the ACC.

Comment

rumblings of a board meeting in Raptor land, some fans think Bryan is getting axed, but IMO could be the Andrea deal and he is seeking board aproval

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            While on an abstract level I am OK with this approach, the pragmatic in me says BryCo blew all the financial flexibility for reasons that still escape me, and the realist in me says the paying customers and sponsors deserve a better product sooner rather than later.

Comment

Tyril Ong ‏@tdotsfinest26
              Most of the #Raptors head office were at practice today, Wayne Embry, BC, MLSE officials. I see something big going down. #RTZ

Comment

Not sure who that is above, or if he actually has access to practice, so take it with a grain of salt, raptorland is rumbling with board meetings and the like, so something may be up

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Agree with you 100% but MLSE has a different agenda where it is not willing to lose money but make people keep drinking the koolaid of treadmill mediocre team in order to fill up the ACC.
                  Not sure I agree anymore. The owners aren't the teachers pension.

Rogers and Bell are in this for content. Who wants to watch a shitty product besides twenty thousand die hards?
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Dec 13, 2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                    While on an abstract level I am OK with this approach, the pragmatic in me says BryCo blew all the financial flexibility for reasons that still escape me, and the realist in me says the paying customers and sponsors deserve a better product sooner rather than later.
                    Unfortunately, given the current state of the franchise, a better product is not a winning product and that is what paying customers and sponsors truly deserve.

Comment

Yep!

Does anyone really think Bargs can be traded for an asset or assets that would be of greater value to the Raptors than exercising the amnesty provision?

Under the new CBA, and given what Bargs brings, it is hard to envision any GM willing to make a trade that provides greater value to the Raptors than the cap flexibility the amnesty provision would.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                        rumblings of a board meeting in Raptor land, some fans think Bryan is getting axed, but IMO could be the Andrea deal and he is seeking board aproval
                        dude. Andrea has torn a ligament in his shooting elbow and strained his shooting wrist. There are no deals being made for him.

Comment

Pretty sure something will happen come new years time..... If there is a new year of course :O

Comment

Rocky wrote: View Post
                            Yep!

Does anyone really think Bargs can be traded for an asset or assets that would be of greater value to the Raptors than exercising the amnesty provision?

Under the new CBA, and given what Bargs brings, it is hard to envision any GM willing to make a trade that provides greater value to the Raptors than the cap flexibility the amnesty provision would.

Do you really think he has no value? First you shop him, than you can decide if his worth to the team is null. I don't see how it hurts to see what people offer, before you take a drastic measure.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                              Very interesting, if true. I doubt BC will be fired at this point in the season. I wonder if its Bargs getting amnestied. Is there any advantage to doing that now vs at the end of the season?
                              Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Word is Stefaniski is out of town, so doubt bryan is being axed. Could be a deal, could be just a "state of affairs" meeting in light of the Bargnani injury. The only thing confirmed was that there was a meeting. (and some guy tweeted that mlse brass was at paractice)

Comment

Working...
                                X