Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ed Davis a top ten power forward?

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

'I hope ED does well and think he will but it will be a case of inflated stats on a weak team. Realistically with Lowry playing like a top 10 PG (stats-wise) Demar playing like a top 15 SG and a strong showing from JV -- now ED is a "top 10" PF you think we would be one of the best teams in the league going forward. We won't be.

I hope it doesn't lead to another 10+ million contract but a trade chip to acquire a quality talent (since it seems like Bargs isn't worth much)

Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Davis is a top ten power foward. I DO think he could quite easily be (in a few years) but there is no way of telling until we can see how he does when he starts to be noticed more by opposing teams. Last time I checked, he was one of only two Raptors (the other was Lowry) who were in the top 50 players for efficiency (I can't remember their exact placing).

Raptors Republic Rookie JackfromNZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Who cares?? Bargnani is our guy!!
    Sarcasm?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    wow, finally a bright spot on the team and you are taking that away from up fans looking for something to cheer for! Good one!
    What bright spot? His high PER in limited minutes? I'll get excited if he's got that PER playing 35 mpg, and, you know, maybe if we win a couple of games. He's more consistent this year, and has improved a little bit at some things, but really the only thing you can count on from him nightly is rebounding. Nothing about him says top 10 PF. I'm not trying to be a downer, but people should manage their expectations.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    What bright spot? His high PER in limited minutes? I'll get excited if he's got that PER playing 35 mpg, and, you know, maybe if we win a couple of games. He's more consistent this year, and has improved a little bit at some things, but really the only thing you can count on from him nightly is rebounding. Nothing about him says top 10 PF. I'm not trying to be a downer, but people should manage their expectations.
    PER adjusts for minutes. It's an efficency rating.

(This is why a lot of people scoff at it, because a lot of players that do well in it, have a hard time staying on the court... wether its fouls or relevency to the team - so that is why it has its problems. It says little about overall impact and quality of minutes. But like any metric, in combination with observation can help a lot diagnosing problems)
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Dec 13th, 2012 at 10:13 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It totally passes the eye test too. Ive been all over Eds improvements since the beginning of the season, everytime he gets the minutes he produces. period.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy for Ed. Hope he can keep it up.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time I check double double every night was elite?

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose leads the raptors in double doubles and no one thinks he is elite.

It really depends, want to see Davis play against starting units some more. NBA is a tough grind, the more minutes you get the more bumps and bruises you have to play with, not everyone can handle the workload. Lets start him for a month and see how he does.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Jose leads the raptors in double doubles and no one thinks he is elite.

It really depends, want to see Davis play against starting units some more. NBA is a tough grind, the more minutes you get the more bumps and bruises you have to play with, not everyone can handle the workload. Lets start him for a month and see how he does.
    Actually I've always thought Jose was an elite OFFENSIVE player. His passing ability is up there with Nash and CP3. What's impressive about Ed is he has the build and natural ability to be an elite defender and rebounder plus a good offensive player.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if Ed keeps working on his post game & FT% he will be a borderline all-star..in a league thats going small ball more & more legit PF's like Ed are becoming some what rare..his def. needs to improve too but with his size it should be easy once he learns what he can get away with

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Eddy Davis is the missing piece. Plug his ass in the starting lineup for good and ship Nani away. Plus Ed's got that headband that makes him look badass.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JV + Ed Frontcourt is beastly. Soo much interior D and Rebounding leading to sexy fast breaks and open looks. Plus they communicate and Ed passes surprisingly well. Like Butch Carter said, communication between your 4 and 5 is important. JV and Ed Seem to communicate well and get along on and off the court so it will bode well. Unlike bargnani who sits in the corner eating Primo and chucking 3's all day long with a blank expression on his face.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

ed's theme song:

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

highlights from yesterday

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

" stats are for losers the final score are for winners "

does ed look dominate ? seriously stop the nonsense

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    does ed look dominate ?
    Let's hear some independent opinion on this question:

Yeah, we lost despite his great stats, but that doesn't mean that this was his fault. He deserves more playing time and with some better pieces with him Raptors could be better
    Last edited by japetas; Fri Dec 14th, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
    (Sorry for poor English )

Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ED is nothing more than a first big of the bench......This is the problem in T.O over-hyping marginal talent...we need stars we can build around not role players who work hard... don't get me wrong I like Ed but he isn't a player you use as a core guy......raptors fans we should know this by now....Ed has the Focus and effort but lacks the talent lol Ironic isn't it......0.o

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Eddy Davis is the missing piece. Plug his ass in the starting lineup for good and ship Nani away. Plus Ed's got that headband that makes him look badass.
    Missing piece for what? Please don't suggest the team currently put together can compete for anything other then a lottery pick. The missing piece is as SF or an all-star caliber talent.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Only shows how overrated the per stats is. Ed is really improving but the likes of Zach Randolph's is still a lot better

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information