No announcement yet.

Ed Davis a top ten power forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Davis can average 15ppg+ and 10rpg+ if given 35min of action. Bargs is as good as gone, being the franchise player, then trash talk the Raps.

Comment

I do think Ed should start over Andrea. But I would rather start Acy than Andrea at this point.
      What's sad is that people are so over-hyped about ED that he can only disappoint now. A top ten PF... is this a joke?
      Yes he had a good offensive game (against the toilet paper front line of Brooklyn) but his offensive game is almost non existent. Honestly, Rasheed Wallace on crutches will lock this guy down. That being said, he is the best PF on this team and I like what he brings as far as hustle and rebounding. But top 10? Give your heads a shake people..

Comment

Perspective

I hear a lot of people on here saying we shouldn't pay any attention to the stats because the Nets have a garbage frontline....... But cant you say that for many teams in the NBA right now (especially with injuries)?? IMO you still have to go out there and get 20 and 10 and its not easy (as we all know because i cant remember the last time Andrea Bargnani had a double double).

Lets look at the stats from the last time they played Brooklyn (Brook Lopez had a pretty good game)

Andrea had 13 points and 3 rebounds in 34 minutes (shooting 6 for 12)

ED Davis had 11 points and 3 rebounds in 13 minutes (shooting 4 for 7)

http://www.nba.com/games/20121103/TO...#nbaGIboxscore

20 and 10 is not guaranteed in this game (no matter the frontline or backcourt) - you still have to play the game!

I'm more impressed with the rebounding numbers than the scoring to be honest.....ED is a pretty special player when it comes to rebounding.... He Outrebounded Reggie Evans & Kris Humpries (2 of the best rebounders in the league!!) That alone deserves some mention.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
          I hear a lot of people on here saying we shouldn't pay any attention to the stats because the Nets have a garbage frontline....... But cant you say that for many teams in the NBA right now (especially with injuries)?? IMO you still have to go out there and get 20 and 10 and its not easy (as we all know because i cant remember the last time Andrea Bargnani had a double double).

Lets look at the stats from the last time they played Brooklyn (Brook Lopez had a pretty good game)

Andrea had 13 points and 3 rebounds in 34 minutes (shooting 6 for 12)

ED Davis had 11 points and 3 rebounds in 13 minutes (shooting 4 for 7)

http://www.nba.com/games/20121103/TO...#nbaGIboxscore

20 and 10 is not guaranteed in this game (no matter the frontline or backcourt) - you still have to play the game!

I'm more impressed with the rebounding numbers than the scoring to be honest.....ED is a pretty special player when it comes to rebounding.... He Outrebounded Reggie Evans & Kris Humpries (2 of the best rebounders in the league!!) That alone deserves some mention.
          I agree. Humpfries and Evans are also the two most physical PFs in the league as well. People saying that Ed is no better than a 1st big off the bench are insane. If Reggie and Hump have been starter in this league than Ed for sure can. Seeing that he way more talented than both of them.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I agree. Humpfries and Evans are also the two most physical PFs in the league as well. People saying that Ed is no better than a 1st big off the bench are insane. If Reggie and Hump have been starter in this league than Ed for sure can. Seeing that he way more talented than both of them.
            In my opinion, Humphries is more talented than Ed. The advantage Davis has though is age and defense and it's not like Hump is old either (he's only 27) and his defense is passable. What I like about Humphries is that he can shoot from outside which can help stretch their offense. Davis has no outside game at all so his offense is limited.

Davis is going to be in the league a long time but because he has no mid range game, and can't shoot free throws (although that improved this year) he'll be a border line starter. He'll most likely start on a bad team or come off the bench.

Comment

ESPN's Tom Haberstroh just wrote an article titled 5 Good players in Bad Situations and lists Ed Davis as one of these players:

Quick, someone rescue Davis before something bad happens. With players-only meetings and injuries to Andrea Bargnani (elbow) and Kyle Lowry (triceps) plaguing the Raptors, the Toronto squad appears to be a sinking ship -- and 23-year-old Davis doesn't deserve to go down with it. The organization should be building around this kid rather than burying him behind Bargnani's bricklaying campaign.

Now that Bargnani is missing some time with his elbow issue, maybe Toronto will show a least a little more confidence in Davis. Despite playing less than 20 minutes per game so far this season, he's averaging 14.7 points and 12.2 rebounds per 36 minutes (which are Varejao-type numbers). Although Davis might not erupt for 24 points and 12 boards every night the way he did on Wednesday against the Nets, he has showed that he's not just a limited scorer around the rim. Will he continue to shine when Bargnani gets back? If not, let him blossom elsewhere.
              The other 4 players are Anderson Varejao. J.J. Redick, Chuck Hayes, and Nene.
              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I just want to say that in all of those AMIR vs. ED arguments, I was VEHEMENTLY arguing against the idea that Amir is a better player. In fact, the last two years I openly said I thought ED was the best player on our team...even while everyone thought he was playing like sh$t last year....

That being said...there;s no way hes a top 10 PF. sorry guys...theres two levels in sports. You get a head start when people don't know who you are or pay attention to you...Let's see how he does offensively when teams start making schemes for him.

let's also see if any of this production can lead to winning...which is the main point of this whole thing

Comment

Working...
                X