Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lakers won 3 of last 12 Games. Why are us Raps fans upset?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lakers won 3 of last 12 Games. Why are us Raps fans upset?

So money can't buy you happiness. I guess when you look at the Lakers and the talent they have on their team and the payroll, it's hard to not feel a little better knowing that even the best teams struggle. So I'm gonna be thankful for another year of rebuild! lol

Guess Nash would not have helped up this year either way. not to this point anyway.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lakers are a mess right now yes but it will eventually click. Raps don't know who they are yet and lost what was established last season, not to mention 4-19 is a much bigger hole to dig out of than Lakers 9-13 (not exactly sure what their record is)

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am enjoying the season so far, lots of side stories. JV growing as a player, TRoss, Davis.

My expectations were low. I thought the guy with the fancy collars was on the pipe when he said playoffs.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lakers just lost another one.

I am so much happier as a raptors fan. Could you imagine having a super-friends team not even make the playoffs! LOL!

Championships they said, Dynasties they said, 8th pick in the lottery they saw...
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another team under achieving does nothing to make me feel better about the Raptors.

They should be evaluated on their own merits and right now they are the 2nd worst team in the league.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Lakers at least have the comfort of knowing there's enough all-star talent (with plenty of experience) to easily go on a 15-5 run and jump right back into the thick of things.

The Raptors have no such talent.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Dec 14th, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie Imperial's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but the Lakers got Kobe. It's funny to seem them struggle, but the Raptors are awful. I'll take Kobe and Dwight and three random basketball players over the Raptors.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

See with the Lakers is not a question of talent. Its about their level of "focus" and "attention to detail".

Either way they still have more wins than the Raptors do.

Washington has 3 wins people..... shits about to hit the fan.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Lakers just lost another one.

I am so much happier as a raptors fan. Could you imagine having a super-friends team not even make the playoffs! LOL!

Championships they said, Dynasties they said, 8th pick in the lottery they saw...
    Well said. Miami V2

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Well said. Miami V2
    The Heat went to the Finals first year and won it in their second. What do u mean?
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

lakers are playing with a garbage team so they have a garbage record

duhon? meeks? even antawn is average at best. metta is a good player but no all-star. lakers basically have 1 player carrying the entire team, kobe. dwight is so handicapped because of hack a dwight and he just aint 100% anyways.

lakers desperately need nash and gasol back to fix their line ups. you can make judgement after that

Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Another team under achieving does nothing to make me feel better about the Raptors.

They should be evaluated on their own merits and right now they are the 2nd worst team in the league.
    Exactly......are team is bad because we lack talent and we plain ol' suck the lakers have talent and is just a matter of time before they start clicking they havent had a full roster all year.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is like going up to a war amputee with no legs and telling him you just saw a guy with no arms or legs, so he should feel happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    This thread is like going up to a war amputee with no legs and telling him you just saw a guy with no arms or legs, so he should feel happy.
    Except the guy with no arms AND no legs, is the Raptor fan....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys im sorry, a loss for the lakers is SO much worse. They have no young development to look forward too. Every loss is a kick to the gonads, every loss to washington is a spit in the face, at least the raptors are supposed to lose and we can feel more pleased if Ed shows development than bargs going HAM to win us a game.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Guys im sorry, a loss for the lakers is SO much worse. They have no young development to look forward too. Every loss is a kick to the gonads, every loss to washington is a spit in the face, at least the raptors are supposed to lose and we can feel more pleased if Ed shows development than bargs going HAM to win us a game.
    You don't need development to look forward to when you've got a deep playoff run to look forward too.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    You don't need development to look forward to when you've got a deep playoff run to look forward too.
    And valuable assets to trade if necessary. And money to spend if necessary. And heavily desired location to exploit if necessary. And knack for fleecing other teams if necessary. And........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    I am enjoying the season so far, lots of side stories. JV growing as a player, TRoss, Davis.

My expectations were low. I thought the guy with the fancy collars was on the pipe when he said playoffs.
    You are a masochist. Raps games are unwatchable. Even the love for the game does not do the trick anymore. Turned off the last two games half way through. Never in my life have I turned off bball before... shame and embarrassment.

My expectations were watching a fight every night. Instead, I see my team schooled on a nightly basis.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

It's good we can talk about the Lakers, because we can't really say the Knicks are garbage anymore and won't have a better record than the Raptors this year like we did in pre-season...

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Except the guy with no arms AND no legs, is the Raptor fan....
    Yea.. I had a hard time with that analogy. It's hard to find solace when your team is struggling just because some other team is struggling. The Lakers can't stop anyone, but if they played the Raptors 82 times per year, every Laker would make it on the all-defensive team.

The real problem is that we're not Lakers fans. Well, at least not all of us are. (I think every Raptor fan needs to have a second team to cheer for, to keep us from falling into deep depression.)
    your pal,
    ebrian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information