You won't believe your eyes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You won't believe your eyes!

This just goes to show if you want something bad enough, sky is the limit. God bless this man!!

In relation to the Raptors I think Bargnani can learn a few things from him. This guy has more drive and desire for the game than our entire team combined.
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Reminds me of Jim Abbott.

Comment

"I said make him go left, damnit! Left!".

How does he shoot those pull-up jumpers?! I have to say, it would suck to get schooled by a guy with one arm. It's like in those P90x videos when they bring out the guy with the one leg and he's doing squats with one leg 100x that you can't do 10x with two legs...

Comment

The definition of irony: Screen name "Ambidextrous" posting a video about a one-armed basketball player.
        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

That behind the back dribble at 39 seconds was very impressive. That dude defending him had two hands and couldn't do jack.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
            This just goes to show if you want something bad enough, sky is the limit. God bless this man!!
            I don't think so; he's probably way way more talented than me. It's not that he had one arm and no talent. The American Dream is 90% bullshit.

Comment

nice post
              i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Reminds me of Jim Abbott.
                I've never heard of him before. To simply put it hes a legend, I'm completely blown away. WOW thanks for sharing that!
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                  The definition of irony: Screen name "Ambidextrous" posting a video about a one-armed basketball player.
                  So true

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    I don't think so; he's probably way way more talented than me. It's not that he had one arm and no talent. The American Dream is 90% bullshit.
                    Read the book "Outliers." Excellence is strongly correlated with thoughtful practice of set skills for upwards of 10,000 hours. Once you can perform specific skills without thinking, having a high basketball IQ, for instance, becomes a lot easier. Remember Jordan was cut by his high school coach. Steve Nash couldn't get a sniff from a major school. Both put in thousands of hours improving their game. Guys like you and me...we put in 30 minutes practising in a gym, then play in a pick-up game or two a week through the summer and we thing we are working on our games. No, we are just ingraining bad habits :-)

The one handed kid probably put in hours a day, 5-7 days a week, for a couple of years before coach gave him a chance. And then, when he tasted a little success, he really started working. Talent is over rated. Nobody wants to believe they could be great if they only had some focus and were willing to put in the effort. If you believed that, you would have to admit what a schlump you were.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Read the book "Outliers." Excellence is strongly correlated with thoughtful practice of set skills for upwards of 10,000 hours. Once you can perform specific skills without thinking, having a high basketball IQ, for instance, becomes a lot easier. Remember Jordan was cut by his high school coach. Steve Nash couldn't get a sniff from a major school. Both put in thousands of hours improving their game. Guys like you and me...we put in 30 minutes practising in a gym, then play in a pick-up game or two a week through the summer and we thing we are working on our games. No, we are just ingraining bad habits :-)

The one handed kid probably put in hours a day, 5-7 days a week, for a couple of years before coach gave him a chance. And then, when he tasted a little success, he really started working. Talent is over rated. Nobody wants to believe they could be great if they only had some focus and were willing to put in the effort. If you believed that, you would have to admit what a schlump you were.
                      Not going to read it again if you don't mind.

I guess you're saying I should have practiced more and I would have been as good as Nash or Jordan because they got it all by hard work. I'm very sorry for you, but my hand-eye coördination skills pretty much suck. It's like telling the dumb kid at school he just needs to work harder to become excellent at math; it's kind of a reversal to the completely disproven tabula rasa idea.

Comment

Not going to read it again if you don't mind.

I guess you're saying I should have practiced more and I would have been as good as Nash or Jordan because they got it all by hard work. I'm very sorry for you, but my hand-eye coördination skills pretty much suck. It's like telling the dumb kid at school he just needs to work harder to become excellent at math; it's kind of a reversal to the completely disproven tabula rasa idea.
                        "Mindset" is another great book that reminds us that our starting point should not determine our ending point. What "Puffer" didn't mention in his summary of "Outliers" is that circumstance and timing is absolutely essential for success. For example, if Justin Bieber was born 20 years earlier there would have been no Youtube, 20 years later and he would have just been one of 1000's of kids singing on Youtube.
                        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                        ― John Wooden

Comment

...I guess you're saying I should have practiced more and I would have been as good as Nash or Jordan because they got it all by hard work....
                          You don't have to agree, but you also don't have to put words in my mouth. Talent certainly does exist. If you practice 10,000 hours and Jordan practices 10,000 hours Jordan will make you look stupid. But you, post 10,000 hours of practice, would make most of your friends or high school team mates look stupid. Hard work almost always trumps talent, unless the talented person practices hard as well.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                            You don't have to agree, but you also don't have to put words in my mouth. Talent certainly does exist. If you practice 10,000 hours and Jordan practices 10,000 hours Jordan will make you look stupid. But you, post 10,000 hours of practice, would make most of your friends or high school team mates look stupid. Hard work almost always trumps talent, unless the talented person practices hard as well.
                            I agree, but I also think he is way more talented than me. Maybe what you can achieve by working hard (and the right way) is underrated, but I certainly don't think talent is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                            X