Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Bargniani "we are the worst team in the NBA "

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't get why everyone is making a big deal out of this. I'm not sure how Bargs said it exactly because of the translation, but if the Lakers were 4-19, I'm sure Kobe would have no problem saying his team is playing like the worst team in the NBA

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    The only problem with this is it may decrease his trade value if he does not prove he is healthy prior to any potential trade.
    i dont think his trade value can get any lower or higher for that matter..its well known around the NBA just what type of player Bargs is 7 years of crap is all any GM needs to know.

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Rookie Imperial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Andrea Bargnani is an ok basketball player. But certainly useless on the Raptors and way too garbage to be even considered a star piece.

    He's basically like if we drafted the white version of Channing Frye at 1 and called him our star. Not a good look.

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    This new # 7 doesn't think the Raps is the worst team in the NBA.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  5. #65
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    From your post I can tell that even though you mention you live in Rome, you are not of Italian descent rather Canadian or American. I'm saying this because not a single thing you say in your post indicates that you understood my post. I'm simply talking about "POINT OF VIEW". In other words, something said meaning something(from a certain "point of view") can be misunderstood as something else because the person/s listening understands from a different "point of view". You're talking about the general perception of Bargnani in Italy of which no mention is made in my post.

    You also mention me regretting moving to Canada because of fan attitude of which again no mention is made in my post. Being misunderstood(when I first came) got so frustrating that I regretted moving to Canada. That would have been the case no matter which Country. In time you learn and I'm sure people like Bargnani do too, but once in a while things like what happened yesterday end up happening and things get blown out of proportion.

    Ok, since you assume to be able to tell so much about me from the pixels on the screen I'm going to assume you are not a native English speaker. Why do I say this? Let's go over it:

    When you said: "Nothing but IGNORANCE. It was said from a certain point of view and is perceived by Raptor fans from a different point of view. This is simply a CULTURAL gap."

    That is a series of statements that don't actually mean anything. What is the cultural gap you are talking about? What is the ignorance you are deriding? In my reply I point out where I live and the talk I hear (from Romans mind you) is that Brags is soft and a borderline embarrassment and that venting in the media like this is a punk move. No cultural differences here. Italian basketball fans who follow the raps because of AB are embarrassed as well as Canadian fans like myself (you got that part right, kudos).

    You go on to state you know it's a culture gap from "first hand experience to a point of regretting moving to Canada." Again, maybe English is a new skill to you but that statement doesn't prove anything but does suggest you regret moving to Canada due to cultural differences and I'm assuming (based on your previous statement) that you have experience with Canadians misinterpreting you or taking you out of context due to cultural insensitivities.

    We all noticed he was speaking to Italian reporters and therefore he should feel comfortable that he isn't being misunderstood. However he's now back peddling on his statements like crazy saying he was misquoted. hmmmm. You say he never expected it to leak locally which is asinine. Bargnani knows how the media works, knows what the internet is and, unless he is a complete moron, would know that whatever he says will get around. It's interesting that YOU feel you know what is going on inside his head though. Maybe you could use your telepathy to shed light on whats going on inside his head as he doesn't rebound or rotate.

    You end this first mangled statement by saying "The fact that some of you may conclude that I'm trying to defend Andrea itself proves my point." What point? You haven't made a point! And the fact is is you ARE defending Andrea. You are claiming ignorance and saying that you understand Andrea talking to Italian reporters because Canadians are culturally insensitive. Those are conclusions, logical ones, based on YOUR statements.

    I am a Canadian living in Rome. I have Roman friends and associates I talk ball with. Where are you from? Because I think it is YOU who is not understanding a single thing you are saying in your post. As I pointed out above you are not making very coherent arguments and are implying a whole lot of crap without backing any of it up very clearly.

    I know what a point of view is despite your incoherent description of it. I made a point to mention how Andrea is perceived by the admittedly small number of people here who talk ball because YOU said it was a culture gap, which is a statement I think is total BS. Are you Italian? Are you speaking from first hand knowledge of any cultural idioms regarding media relations/athletes/Andrea/Italians of which I'm not aware? If so please share.

    Lastly YOU said you had "First hand experience to a point of regretting moving to Canada". So yeah homey, you said you regretted coming to Canada due to a culture gap. Because you are relating YOUR experiences to those of an athlete in a conversation about said athletes quotes to his hometown media then it is fair to assume you mean that fans attitudes are ignorant because we're losing something in the translation due to not speaking Italian or being culturally insensitive. I cal BS and go on to say if you find fans attitudes in Toronto so harsh and people so close minded to different cultures you are more than welcome to go to almost any other country where fans are MUCH harsher on their heroes and where racism and cultural insensitivity are MUCH more prevalent.

    I agree things like this get blown out of proportion but he did say it. It wasn't an entirely fabricated quote. Perhaps somewhat misquoted but after so long in the spot light you'd think Andrea would know better. He went and vented his frustrations to an Italian newspaper. Do you know what Italian newspapers are like? Pure tabloid sensationalism. He should of known better and I'm not gonna cut him any slack just because he can fit those size 14's in his mouth so easily.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

  6. #66
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post


    This new # 7 doesn't think the Raps is the worst team in the NBA.
    I don't see how Derrick Williams brings anything needed to this squad. He's a tweener who's game is looking seriously exposed at the NBA level. Maybe not the headcase that Beasley is but as much of a bust IMO. I'd rather amnesty AB than compund the mistake.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

  7. #67
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    Ok, since you assume to be able to tell so much about me from the pixels on the screen I'm going to assume you are not a native English speaker. Why do I say this? Let's go over it:

    When you said: "Nothing but IGNORANCE. It was said from a certain point of view and is perceived by Raptor fans from a different point of view. This is simply a CULTURAL gap."

    That is a series of statements that don't actually mean anything. What is the cultural gap you are talking about? What is the ignorance you are deriding? In my reply I point out where I live and the talk I hear (from Romans mind you) is that Brags is soft and a borderline embarrassment and that venting in the media like this is a punk move. No cultural differences here. Italian basketball fans who follow the raps because of AB are embarrassed as well as Canadian fans like myself (you got that part right, kudos).

    You go on to state you know it's a culture gap from "first hand experience to a point of regretting moving to Canada." Again, maybe English is a new skill to you but that statement doesn't prove anything but does suggest you regret moving to Canada due to cultural differences and I'm assuming (based on your previous statement) that you have experience with Canadians misinterpreting you or taking you out of context due to cultural insensitivities.

    We all noticed he was speaking to Italian reporters and therefore he should feel comfortable that he isn't being misunderstood. However he's now back peddling on his statements like crazy saying he was misquoted. hmmmm. You say he never expected it to leak locally which is asinine. Bargnani knows how the media works, knows what the internet is and, unless he is a complete moron, would know that whatever he says will get around. It's interesting that YOU feel you know what is going on inside his head though. Maybe you could use your telepathy to shed light on whats going on inside his head as he doesn't rebound or rotate.

    You end this first mangled statement by saying "The fact that some of you may conclude that I'm trying to defend Andrea itself proves my point." What point? You haven't made a point! And the fact is is you ARE defending Andrea. You are claiming ignorance and saying that you understand Andrea talking to Italian reporters because Canadians are culturally insensitive. Those are conclusions, logical ones, based on YOUR statements.

    I am a Canadian living in Rome. I have Roman friends and associates I talk ball with. Where are you from? Because I think it is YOU who is not understanding a single thing you are saying in your post. As I pointed out above you are not making very coherent arguments and are implying a whole lot of crap without backing any of it up very clearly.

    I know what a point of view is despite your incoherent description of it. I made a point to mention how Andrea is perceived by the admittedly small number of people here who talk ball because YOU said it was a culture gap, which is a statement I think is total BS. Are you Italian? Are you speaking from first hand knowledge of any cultural idioms regarding media relations/athletes/Andrea/Italians of which I'm not aware? If so please share.

    Lastly YOU said you had "First hand experience to a point of regretting moving to Canada". So yeah homey, you said you regretted coming to Canada due to a culture gap. Because you are relating YOUR experiences to those of an athlete in a conversation about said athletes quotes to his hometown media then it is fair to assume you mean that fans attitudes are ignorant because we're losing something in the translation due to not speaking Italian or being culturally insensitive. I cal BS and go on to say if you find fans attitudes in Toronto so harsh and people so close minded to different cultures you are more than welcome to go to almost any other country where fans are MUCH harsher on their heroes and where racism and cultural insensitivity are MUCH more prevalent.

    I agree things like this get blown out of proportion but he did say it. It wasn't an entirely fabricated quote. Perhaps somewhat misquoted but after so long in the spot light you'd think Andrea would know better. He went and vented his frustrations to an Italian newspaper. Do you know what Italian newspapers are like? Pure tabloid sensationalism. He should of known better and I'm not gonna cut him any slack just because he can fit those size 14's in his mouth so easily.
    My original post in reply to this thread was not to offend anyone. It was simply to enlighten people of something they may not know. That is still my intention. Have fun in Rome and where ever else life takes you.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  8. #68
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    My original post in reply to this thread was not to offend anyone. It was simply to enlighten people of something they may not know. That is still my intention. Have fun in Rome and where ever else life takes you.
    Grazie mille, va bene
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •