No announcement yet.

Bargniani "we are the worst team in the NBA "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's a HUGE part of the reason we suck. He's a frikkin 7ft. basketball player...ball players that tall play PF/C and rebound/play defense. It's almost 5 on 4 with that LOSER on the floor. Trade his ass to a high school team in need of a mascot.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

pcrombeen wrote: View Post
      http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrea...eer_stats.html

Take a look at Bargniani's second season. It was his worst as a pro (though this year is close). I assume you mean his third season but by then he was mostly starting. Bargniani has never been a productive piece off the bench.

For some people, a bench demotion would serve as motivation, but in Bargs' case I highly doubt that. Anyways, the same flaws are there whether he starts or comes off the bench. Frankly, I don't want a guy that doesn't defend or rebound anywhere in this lineup. Bargniani is not even a potential piece here. Maybe a franchise with better player development can get some useful contribution from him down the road, but that will never happen here.

The only question now is if we can get rid of his contract without having to give another team a goody to take him on. If nobody wants him, then I think it's amnesty time this off season. Then Colangelo, Gerhardini, and Bargniani can all take a gondola ride into the sunset, and this team can finally move on from our one of the darkest periods in our brief history.
      Yes the third season thanks for the correction ! He started 58/79 and I recall him being more consistent coming off the bench then starting, was like night and day. There's still value for bargs in the market so I don't think amnesty is the way to go yet, Someone else said that it would hurt Bargs coming off the bench, but he has to know its for the teams best interest and hopefully he would take it as motivation because to say it wouldn't, you would have to have insider information to know that he would respond that way.

Comment

Nothing but IGNORANCE. It was said from a certain point of view and is perceived by Raptor fans from a different point of view. This is simply a CULTURAL gap. How do I know? First hand experience to a point of regretting moving to Canada. Anyways, notice that he was speaking to Italian reporters. Andrea would not have said what he said to North American reporters 'cause he knows that he would have been misunderstood. He said it to Italiian reporters knowing they would understand him only he never expected it to leak locally and become an issue. The fact that some of you may conclude that I'm trying to defend Andrea itself proves my point.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
          Nothing but IGNORANCE. It was said from a certain point of view and is perceived by Raptor fans from a different point of view. This is simply a CULTURAL gap. How do I know? First hand experience to a point of regretting moving to Canada. Anyways, notice that he was speaking to Italian reporters. Andrea would not have said what he said to North American reporters 'cause he knows that he would have been misunderstood. He said it to Italiian reporters knowing they would understand him only he never expected it to leak locally and become an issue. The fact that some of you may conclude that I'm trying to defend Andrea itself proves my point.
          It's not a cultural thing. I live in Rome, bargnanis home town, and the talk around here boils down to shaking ones head at the sorry representation of Italian basketball talent in the NBA. Hell, if you read the comments on the article it's a bunch of people calling him out for being so mentally soft. They are a little nicer about it because he's one of their own but the hold up bellineli as a guy with less talent but who maximizes it best he can and doesn't go whining in the press.

Romans are some hard headed people so this doesn't go down well here.

If you regret moving to Canada because of fans attitudes toward athletes you are more than welcome to leave. Maybe move to a soccer or cricket crazy nation where something like this would ruin the player forever or get him shot at by the mob. Think Andrea has it rough? Look how the media treat Rooney in England or bellitelli here in Italy. It's much worse.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Brandon wrote:
            "mental make-up"? Jesus Christ, there's a lot of deep thinkin' goin' on here. He's not good. You don't need to attach electrodes and Ghostbusters-type equipment to him to try to figure out the bloody why of it. Does it matter why? Bottom line, he sucks. He doesn't produce. He's gotta go.
            Swoosh

Comment

There are some things you don't say publicly when you are a member of a team. Of course he is frustrated with his awful season to date and it would have been more appropriate to point to his deficiencies as a big reason for much of the losing. Guaranteed they are going to be better without him.

Comment

AB7 is not the guy Raptors want!

Beside one on one low post def (he just okay but not great). AB has nothing else on the table at the D end. No matter Lowry or Calderon, we need our big guys to protect the board, AB is fail as a pro basketball player, I could see lots of players even rookie could play the P&R or zone D much better than him, not even need to mention the rebound issue. In lots of game, his body language is terrible right after the opponent get an easy bucket even Raptors only down few points, this kind of attitude show his checking out and affect his teammate in the game.

His not a rookie anymore, his a former no.1 pick. he should carry the team, he should encourage the team when the team feel frustrated like Yao (who doesn't speak English good as well).

I don't care he could get 20+ or even 30+ points a game, he just like a Black hole on our def. , the fundamental problem of BC, as well as Raptors

Comment

Now they are winning so we keep lottery pick this year!! Yikes!!

Comment

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

An emotional Andrea Bargnani made it clear he was misqoted by Italian media. Not pleased. Teammates knew he didn't say it like that
                    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

Bargnani reiterated nobody is happy with record but did not say they were worst in league. Said he wouldn't ever do that to his teammates
                    I have a hard time believing this.

Not that he was misquoted - that would actually make a lot of sense because I don't think Andrea is stupid.

The unbelievable part is 'an emotional Andrea Bargnani....'

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                      It's not a cultural thing. I live in Rome, bargnanis home town, and the talk around here boils down to shaking ones head at the sorry representation of Italian basketball talent in the NBA. Hell, if you read the comments on the article it's a bunch of people calling him out for being so mentally soft. They are a little nicer about it because he's one of their own but the hold up bellineli as a guy with less talent but who maximizes it best he can and doesn't go whining in the press.

Romans are some hard headed people so this doesn't go down well here.

If you regret moving to Canada because of fans attitudes toward athletes you are more than welcome to leave. Maybe move to a soccer or cricket crazy nation where something like this would ruin the player forever or get him shot at by the mob. Think Andrea has it rough? Look how the media treat Rooney in England or bellitelli here in Italy. It's much worse.
                      From your post I can tell that even though you mention you live in Rome, you are not of Italian descent rather Canadian or American. I'm saying this because not a single thing you say in your post indicates that you understood my post. I'm simply talking about "POINT OF VIEW". In other words, something said meaning something(from a certain "point of view") can be misunderstood as something else because the person/s listening understands from a different "point of view". You're talking about the general perception of Bargnani in Italy of which no mention is made in my post.

You also mention me regretting moving to Canada because of fan attitude of which again no mention is made in my post. Being misunderstood(when I first came) got so frustrating that I regretted moving to Canada. That would have been the case no matter which Country. In time you learn and I'm sure people like Bargnani do too, but once in a while things like what happened yesterday end up happening and things get blown out of proportion.
                      Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Sat Dec 15, 2012, 02:18 PM.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

im glad Bargs went public with this whole Raptors "worst team in the NBA" statement... IMO this pretty much puts the final nail in his coffin..hopefully i never have to see him wearing the raptors jersey again!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          A big part of the reason for the Raptors being a bottom feeder falls squarely on his shoulders.

#tradeBargnani
                          I wonder if he gets that?

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                            im glad Bargs went public with this whole Raptors "worst team in the NBA" statement... IMO this pretty much puts the final nail in his coffin..hopefully i never have to see him wearing the raptors jersey again!
                            The only problem with this is it may decrease his trade value if he does not prove he is healthy prior to any potential trade.

Comment

I just hope they ship him out west. I really don't wanna see him torch us 4 times a year.

Comment

2 claps for Primo (clap clap). This dude is a joke now, you'd never see a real leader trash their team like this. Congratulations mr.pylon, you just punched your ticket out of TO.

Comment

Working...
                                X