Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bargniani "we are the worst team in the NBA "

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    You can't even divide it equally among all three of them. Bargnani played what? Maybe 1/12th of the total time by all players in the games of the last four years and all of that has been because BC and the coaches put him in the games. BC and the coaches on the other hand are responsible all the time.

Not gonna argue with that lol, how many times has Casey had line up rolling really good and playing D and he fucks it up by bringing Bargs back in even tho he has played horribly the whole game ?? too many. Or how many times had JV been playing well, contesting shots, rebounding and making high percantage shots under the basket and Casey doesnt bring him back in the fourth cause he's a rookie ?? like every game ****. Look at the Clippers theyre on a monster winning streak and how are they doing that ? the bench has finished the fourth quarter 6 of their 7 games for pete's sake !! Del Negro recognized that if theyre playing well why bring those other guys back in ? he's a good coach with EXPERIENCE and knows what to do.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

"We have been losing for four years." That's why he said we are the worst team in the NBA; it hasn't lead to anything. I don't know why it would be detrimental to the team as he's stating a simple fact. Even if we don't have the worst record over those four years (didn't bother to check it) some of the other teams that didn't win a lot during this period are going up instead of down.

Never mind how much he sucks, it's not his fault that after years of losing we're at the bottom of the league. Even if one would use one of those stats by pseudo-economists and their first year students he can only be credited with a relatively small amount of all losses.
    +1, I didn't get the sense that he was taking a shot at the team at all. Just being blunt.

But the fact is he has done little to be a game changer, has regressed badly this year, has less potential than our other young players. And he doesn't play the game at a high intensity, nothing against him but we need to cut him lose, I don't ever want him taking that many minutes again.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    +1, I didn't get the sense that he was taking a shot at the team at all. Just being blunt.

But the fact is he has done little to be a game changer, has regressed badly this year, has less potential than our other young players. And he doesn't play the game at a high intensity, nothing against him but we need to cut him lose, I don't ever want him taking that many minutes again.
    Even I have no argument with that. I want him gone as well, even if it's because I just want it to be over with and end the discussion. However, I'm with Hugmenot who said in another thread something along the line of wondering who would be the next target of the fans. The losing won't end with Bargnani gone (and little other changes); there are a lot of things going wrong with the team besides Bargnani.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    The talk about hockey reminds me of Eric Lindros and how he never really wanted the C. They built a team around him and called him a leader when all he wanted to do was play hockey and not have to get involved with all the other stuff. Sometimes players are just suited to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle because they just don't have the leadership qualities. Andrea Bargnani is a scorer, and not an efficient one at that. But nothing in his personality or style of play dictates leadership qualities. Colangelo's failure to grasp this is why this team sucks as much as it does today and all throughout Bargnani's tenure as a Raptor.

I don't hate Bargnani, I hate Colangelo for believing in him.
    You can polish a turd roll it in glitter and tell me its a fucking diamond, lol i may believe you for a little bit but after a while ill figuere it out, this is pretty much the case here.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Even I have no argument with that. I want him gone as well, even if it's because I just want it to be over with and end the discussion. However, I'm with Hugmenot who said in another thread something along the line of wondering who would be the next target of the fans. The losing won't end with Bargnani gone (and little other changes); there are a lot of things going wrong with the team besides Bargnani.
    Some fans are very bi-polar, no doubt.

Personally, if guys are playing balls out and playing for the good of the team, I can't see any rational fan turning on a player.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Only way we win is TEAM BALL, not one guy or even two can take us to winning games, every single player has contribute and play D or we wont get any where, DD is not going to turn into KD and JV wont dominate like D12(yet .

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad for the guy. He gets so much hate (I'm usually a part of it), but he's been losing for years. Getting picked first in the draft doomed him, peoples expectations through the roof. Then it turns out he's a lazy player.When he finally tries to drive in for a dunk, he injures himself.

It sucks that we have to hate on a player to get him traded It makes the fans look bad at times, and we already have a hard time getting players to play here. But it should have been done a long time ago.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ScottBaird wrote: View Post
    Casey sounded PISSED when I heard him talking this morning talking about #7 saying he was "depressed".

Get off ur lazy fucking ass then and grab a few boards. I cont care if it's "not u" or "not ur game". You've now got a month or two to stew on the bench, so hopefully when u come back, u'll have a different attitude towards winning. Actually, I hope u don't come back. #endrant # usuck
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    I feel bad for the guy. He gets so much hate (I'm usually a part of it), but he's been losing for years. Getting picked first in the draft doomed him, peoples expectations through the roof. Then it turns out he's a lazy player.When he finally tries to drive in for a dunk, he injures himself.

It sucks that we have to hate on a player to get him traded It makes the fans look bad at times, and we already have a hard time getting players to play here. But it should have been done a long time ago.
    This is a nice way of putting it....

But i don't feel bad at all. You know who I feel bad for? US goddammit! fact is, he'll be traded, make his $10 million a year, get re-signed (if their is a god it will be for less money) and retire.

Raps fans on the other hand will have to keep watching and dealing with the losing. "we have been losing for 4 years"...how about we have been losing for almost twenty! you $%#$!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

by the way Akashsingh has the best avatar ever

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks. Credit to turbozone, their sigs are really good too.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors "Bargnani is the worst PF in the NBA"

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It is at least partly their fault. Certainly BC's. I don't think they ever had a good defensive coach (before). During all his developmental years the organisation hasn't done a good job in development. That's strictly on BC. It's also their fault because they don't need to play him. If he doesn't do enough or didn't do enough in the past they should have acted upon it; e.g. by benching or trading him.

Like I've mentioned before, even if they have the basketball talent, not all talented players have the mental talent like the great players; some develop it, but most don't. He might be interested to be great, but (in my opinion) he lacks the mental toughness to overcome adversity and play through adversity (when he's tired it shows, when results aren't there it shows). People can blame him all they want for it, but it's going way too far for me to question his character just because he lacks the mental make-up to become a great player (or even a good player). It would be the same to attack Reggie Evans for his lack of skills. It's just silly.

In agreement especially re mental toughness.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post

Maybe if he had worked harder on driving and dunking he would not have got injured. He is the one guy on our roster who would get more calls if he drove more....but that involves the potential physical contact and he would rather take the open 3 than drive the lane.

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I don't hate Bargnani, I hate Colangelo for believing in him.
    Rap of the day IMO!

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Hey Andrea you wanna go practice your help D?"
    "eh......I don't know...I'm just gonna maybe take a shower and go to sleep"

"Hey Andrea, you wanna practice our end of the game play"
    "You guys go ahead, I think I'm just going to listen to some Belle & Sebastian"

"Hey Andrea, we got a big nationally televised game today, do you wanna maybe shave and fix your hair a little"
    "What's the point"

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is ending badly.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Raptors "Bargnani is the worst PF in the NBA"
    Haha. They should say that. Also throw in that mugsy bouges was a better rebounder than Bargnani
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Rap of the day IMO!
    i hate them both.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Thread Information