Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So how did the Raps beat the Mavs without their so called "stars" Lowry and Bargnani?

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So how did the Raps beat the Mavs without their so called "stars" Lowry and Bargnani?

I know:

- Raps played great TEAM defence
    - Shot selection is so much better
    - Ball movement
    - Effort
    - Communication on D

That's it. They're like a completely different team without those two. They look like an NBA team again.

Problem with their so called stars is, with Lowry. He always takes unnecessary/forced/dumb shots in crucial situation. He always plays hero ball. His shot selection is just brutal. And his D in my opinion is just as bad as Calderon.

Not crapping on Kyle. He's a talented player. But right now he's a liability to this team. Main thing that he needs to improve is his shot selection. When to shoot and when to pass.

As for Bargnani, i can go on and on about this guy. Where to start? Below average defender, worst rebounding 7footer in the history of the game, no awareness in his game, shoots whenever he gets the ball. Enough already.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of players were pissed of at someone calling them "the worst team in the league".

I have a feeling players took that personaly. You could just feel it. When Kman got his technical, I knew we were frustrating the crap out of them, the dude has the attention span of a deer.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ball dont lie !!!!!!!!!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this was a welcomed suprise. I didn't expect the Raptors to even have a chance of winning till Cleveland.

Bargnani needs to go. I don't think the team appreciates him calling then the worst in the league. This guy even affects the team negatively even when he's not on the court.

Lowry has issues. I would have the team move him for someone who wants to play PG not HG (hero guard. However, I'm willing to put up with him till the trade deadline. Maybe Casey can get through to him.

Why did Jonas and Ed see such reduced minutes tonight? I expect to play at least 36 min a game.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

easy..Mav's were told to give us that 1 for DC..

for real though we played hard & for the whole game..o ya & Primo Pasta wasnt playing

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I was watching the Mavs feed and kept talking about how Mavs fall behind to the Raptors but the Raptors always blow it. Twice the raptors have blown 24 point leads in the last five years...

2006 Raps up 86-62 (Lost 115-113)
    2007 Raps up 46-30 (Lost 97-96)
    2007 Raps up 49-25 (Lost 105-99)
    2008 Raps up 30-17 (Lost 96-86)
    2011 Raps up 22-3 (Lost 114!!! - 96)

Well not tonite Mavs fans! And you can take your 3 point record home with you as well...

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza the MVP did it for us
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you get the Mav's feed?

I'm moving to Asia, I wonder if I can get NBA League Pass and watch all the Raptors games...
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buschfire wrote: View Post
    How do you get the Mav's feed?

I'm moving to Asia, I wonder if I can get NBA League Pass and watch all the Raptors games...
    I use NBA League Pass to watch all Raptors game. NBA League Pass will switch up feeds so I'm not always listening to Matt and Jack (which is nice for a change).

In fact, I have traveled abroad (Chile) and been able to watch games on my pass. I'm pretty sure that anywhere in Asia would qualify for International NBA League Pass. PM me if you want more info...

Big win tonite! Loved it...

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you guys that have issues with watching the games on nba league pass due to blackouts, get a VPN, they are cheap, a few bucks a month, and you can be in any country. Configuring windows to use one is not that hard, most sites have a FAQ on how to set it up, you can do it in less then a minute. You then connect to your vpn like you would to a wireless connection and viola, you are in timbaktu.

Post Thanks / Like

Easy!

Offensively: Calderon ran the offense.
    Defensively: Ed and JV paired up.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ball movement was key tonight. The floor spacing actually looks better with Bargnani out and the Raps look like they are going to have a consistent offensive rebounding advantage against a lot of teams in the league. Ed, Amir, and even Val all get on the boards in a big way and our wings are all pretty athletic. Add Lowry to that mix and you have a nasty bunch of athletes to deal with.
    I think Lowry can still be a very big part of this teams future if he can learn not to cheat so much on D and how to pass a bit more. This style we are seeing of hitting the offensive boards and swarming on D is right up his ally.
    One thing that we need to get more of is points in the paint. tonight the shots fell for us but we need to get more easy buckets. It will come as the offense adjusts to having bigs who roll and don't pop.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie ScottBaird's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza and Ross made shots. Dallas didn't.

We defended with hustle. Dallas has Carter and Brand (zero hustle).

We needed this one and played desperate. Our players looked surprised that it worked.

Raptors Republic Rookie robert parrish 00's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Uncle Kleiza had a great game. Loose whistle. Mav shot terribly from outside. Casey let the 2nd unit with momentum stay on the floor.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Profile wrote: View Post
    Well, this was a welcomed suprise. I didn't expect the Raptors to even have a chance of winning till Cleveland.

Bargnani needs to go. I don't think the team appreciates him calling then the worst in the league. This guy even affects the team negatively even when he's not on the court.

Lowry has issues. I would have the team move him for someone who wants to play PG not HG (hero guard. However, I'm willing to put up with him till the trade deadline. Maybe Casey can get through to him.

Why did Jonas and Ed see such reduced minutes tonight? I expect to play at least 36 min a game.
    You did notice that they won right? Does it really matter who gets what minutes if the team wins.

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote robert parrish 00 wrote: View Post
    Uncle Kleiza had a great game. Loose whistle. Mav shot terribly from outside. Casey let the 2nd unit with momentum stay on the floor.
    yup .. dont mean to burst the bubble .. since we did play well. BUT - Dal was ice cold from the outside and we were red hot. 36 point differential on 3s .. you arent gonna lose many games when that happens. Was our D better? Ya .. a little better. I would say our defensive rebounding was way better (although Dal played small most of the game).

Bottom line, T Ross got hot, LK got hot .. and if they do that (in addition to solid games from the regulars), this team will win a lot of games. Unfortunately we know that LK is either VERY hot (tonight) or VERY not (more often than not). And, as much as I love Ross .. hes a rook too .. so he will continue to be up and down with stinkers like Brooklyn and nice games like tonight.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe everyone is already jumping the gun on Lowry. He's the best PG the Raps have had in a while, give the guy a chance to gel with the rest of the team

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Profile wrote: View Post

ya, ina battle for first place in my head-to-head league and couldn't believe casey sat demar, ed and jose that long. needed those points but glad we got the win
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Can't believe everyone is already jumping the gun on Lowry. He's the best PG the Raps have had in a while, give the guy a chance to gel with the rest of the team
    i'm going to pretend i didn't read that. best pg? thanks for the laugh
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    i'm going to pretend i didn't read that. best pg? thanks for the laugh
    I said 'best pg in a while'. I'd take Lowry over Calderon, Ford, Jack, James, and others. He's the only one with star potential. And that isn't very arguable
    Last edited by wallz; Sat Dec 15th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information