Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how did the Raps beat the Mavs without their so called "stars" Lowry and Bargnani?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    If not trade AB then what would you suggest? Come off the bench as 6th man?
    I would trade him, just not for Gasol, that trade (calderon, kleiza, and bargnani) is a no brainer for LA if you ask me, they free up a lot of cap space by unloading Gasol's contract to us and taking back less obligation. Gasol's play over the last few years has not been worthy of such a large contract. A trade for some youth and or cap space would be better if you ask me. Davis can play the PF, Amir can back him up, and we can give more minutes to Aaron Gray as a backup to JV.

If a trade is not do able. Then yes the logical choice is to bring him in as the 6th man, and limit his min. to no more than around 24. I dont think that even he would debate that his play over the years is anything more than warranting a 6th man position. Its all about the team winning, we need to play defense, score on the fast break, and hit around a third of our 3 point shots to win. The talent level of this team is not enough to be able to win without defending. We need to play our best defenders.

That being said I like our current starting lineup from a defensive standpoint, especially when we get lowry back in the line up, I think we can give other teams fits on the offensive and defensive glass.
    "Defense wins championships."

Comment

You guys need to relax in regards to Lowry. Since he came back from injury (the first time) he's been essentially playing still hurt while not in game shape. To be honest, I think they rushed him back too soon.

I didn't hear any of this talk before he got hurt.

He does need to remember to play defense, though. My only issue with his play thus far.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        You guys need to relax in regards to Lowry. Since he came back from injury (the first time) he's been essentially playing still hurt while not in game shape. To be honest, I think they rushed him back too soon.

He does need to remember to play defense, though. My only issue with his play thus far.
        How does any of this relate to not being able to pass the ball, run the pick and roll, get beat easily on defense over and over. He is a ferocious player and I hope he learns how to play basketball because he could be something special. As of now he hasn't really shown anything of value to me. Iam not advocating trading him, but he needs to be held accountable for his constant poor decisions with the ball and on defense. If Casey is true to his recent words, Lowry will be sitting on the bench with Andrea a lot as the season progresses.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

I was thinking the same thing here. I do think Lowry does try to cheat on defense in order to spark something but even then I wouldn't even fault that but the way some people are just jumping at him is just ridiculous. Especially given that in quite a few of our losses, its happened in cases where he's been subbed off for Calderon. And in others, there were games where he was the only reason we stuck in there. I'm not saying anything bad in relation to Calderon but people really do need to be consistent with their judgement and not stuck in the moment.

At the very best, you could say he does better starting then he does coming off the bench this season (cause he hasn't been good coming off the bench at all this season)? Neither is a reflection on Lowry. My only problem with him (Lowry) is also on the defensive end and thats only when he tries to cheat and grab a steal. And I've only really noticed that happening after he came back from injury and when we're down a few or in a drought.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

A lot of our loses are from wasted shots from Bargs and poor defense from Bargs what more proof do you need? Bargs has been shooting like 32% this season on like 20 something attempts a game. He wastes posessions and doesnt rebound which means more posessions for the opposing team and even worse defense for us.

Lowry's gambles wont be as bad with legit bigs defending the paint, what he does is what you want from your PG plus he rebounds on the regular boxes out and can put teams in fould trouble with his play style. Lowry is legit.

Comment

Working...
            X