Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how did the Raps beat the Mavs without their so called "stars" Lowry and Bargnani?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

robert parrish 00 wrote: View Post
    Uncle Kleiza had a great game. Loose whistle. Mav shot terribly from outside. Casey let the 2nd unit with momentum stay on the floor.
    yup .. dont mean to burst the bubble .. since we did play well. BUT - Dal was ice cold from the outside and we were red hot. 36 point differential on 3s .. you arent gonna lose many games when that happens. Was our D better? Ya .. a little better. I would say our defensive rebounding was way better (although Dal played small most of the game).

Bottom line, T Ross got hot, LK got hot .. and if they do that (in addition to solid games from the regulars), this team will win a lot of games. Unfortunately we know that LK is either VERY hot (tonight) or VERY not (more often than not). And, as much as I love Ross .. hes a rook too .. so he will continue to be up and down with stinkers like Brooklyn and nice games like tonight.

Comment

Can't believe everyone is already jumping the gun on Lowry. He's the best PG the Raps have had in a while, give the guy a chance to gel with the rest of the team

Comment

Profile wrote: View Post
        Well, this was a welcomed suprise. I didn't expect the Raptors to even have a chance of winning till Cleveland.

Bargnani needs to go. I don't think the team appreciates him calling then the worst in the league. This guy even affects the team negatively even when he's not on the court.

Lowry has issues. I would have the team move him for someone who wants to play PG not HG (hero guard. However, I'm willing to put up with him till the trade deadline. Maybe Casey can get through to him.

Why did Jonas and Ed see such reduced minutes tonight? I expect to play at least 36 min a game.
        ya, ina battle for first place in my head-to-head league and couldn't believe casey sat demar, ed and jose that long. needed those points but glad we got the win
        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
          Can't believe everyone is already jumping the gun on Lowry. He's the best PG the Raps have had in a while, give the guy a chance to gel with the rest of the team
          i'm going to pretend i didn't read that. best pg? thanks for the laugh

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
            I said 'best pg in a while'. I'd take Lowry over Calderon, Ford, Jack, James, and others. He's the only one with star potential. And that isn't very arguable
            Last edited by wallz; Sat Dec 15, 2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

because dribbles is better right?! 0.o ha ! now im laughing :|

Comment

I said 'best pg in a while'. I'd take Lowry over Calderon, Ford, Jack, James, and others. He's the only one with star potential. And that isn't very arguable
                +1. This I agree on. Lowry has been fairly disappointing last couple games though.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

He was playing well before he got injured. When he came back he was playing like he was trying to prove something to only himself. Bad shot selection, horrible turnovers, reckless play and he takes far too many chances on defense. I also think his style of play is not conducive to longevity. On all those times he drives to the net with a botched layup he ends up on the ground. Do that for a few seasons and your body breaks down. I am really pissed off we wasted a first round pick on this guy especially since he is only ours for 2 more years. I think we would have been better off going for Goran Dragic, signing him for 4 years. If that didnt work out, hold steady with Calderon and see what we can do in the coming offseason for a PG. This accelerated build was a disaster imo.

Comment

Jkwasia wrote: View Post
                    because dribbles is better right?! 0.o ha ! now im laughing :|
                    of course he's better

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                      He was playing well before he got injured. When he came back he was playing like he was trying to prove something to only himself. Bad shot selection, horrible turnovers, reckless play and he takes far too many chances on defense. I also think his style of play is not conducive to longevity. On all those times he drives to the net with a botched layup he ends up on the ground. Do that for a few seasons and your body breaks down. I am really pissed off we wasted a first round pick on this guy especially since he is only ours for 2 more years. I think we would have been better off going for Goran Dragic, signing him for 4 years. If that didnt work out, hold steady with Calderon and see what we can do in the coming offseason for a PG. This accelerated build was a disaster imo.
                      I agree with this statement about Lowry, I think he can be great for us but as of right now his FG% is pretty low, he has been turning the ball over, and he goes for steals too much.

If we can get him to just play the "pack it in the paint" defense that Casey preaches and keep PG's in front of him, be a little bit more high percentage with his passing and shooting, I think his lateral defense and rebounding can really help us. He can also break the defense down offensively which is great.

In the past I have disagreed about trading Bargnani ... But I have reconsidered my position, he is hurting the team big time right now, he shoots so much but has a horrible percentage and his rebounding is non existent for his position. Time for us to give those minutes to Ed Davis, one of the best PER's in the league right now? I'm down with that.

I would hate to trade him for Gasol however, why do the raptors need another overpriced, over the hill big man?

Go Raps Go!
                      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Casey making Pietrus and Anderson guard Mayo and doubling Mayo when he chose to step past the 3 point line was huge. Ed Davis didnt have a double double but he had a quiet effective game that isnt measured on the stat sheet, same with DeRozan really showing his maturity, last year DD would force some really dumb shots, didnt get angry took the jumpers that were his to take and looked for his teammates when doubled getting much better with his decision making.

#tradeBargnani

Comment

of course he's better
                          Dribbles sucks thats why he has been on the trading block for the past two years and nobody wants him.....fans like you over-value marginal talent and look at stats like assist to t.o ratio but forget to look at the larger picture like consecutive losing seasons horrible decision makings(late game inbounds) and his timid "protect my stats plays"....Lowry is better in every aspect of the game and its not even a debate.

Comment

of course he's better
                            And Andrea bargnani is an all star

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              I know:

- Raps played great TEAM defence
                              - Shot selection is so much better
                              - Ball movement
                              - Effort
                              - Communication on D

That's it. They're like a completely different team without those two. They look like an NBA team again.

Problem with their so called stars is, with Lowry. He always takes unnecessary/forced/dumb shots in crucial situation. He always plays hero ball. His shot selection is just brutal. And his D in my opinion is just as bad as Calderon.

Not crapping on Kyle. He's a talented player. But right now he's a liability to this team. Main thing that he needs to improve is his shot selection. When to shoot and when to pass.

As for Bargnani, i can go on and on about this guy. Where to start? Below average defender, worst rebounding 7footer in the history of the game, no awareness in his game, shoots whenever he gets the ball. Enough already.
                              One good game is nice but it's only one game.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                                I agree with this statement about Lowry, I think he can be great for us but as of right now his FG% is pretty low, he has been turning the ball over, and he goes for steals too much.

If we can get him to just play the "pack it in the paint" defense that Casey preaches and keep PG's in front of him, be a little bit more high percentage with his passing and shooting, I think his lateral defense and rebounding can really help us. He can also break the defense down offensively which is great.

In the past I have disagreed about trading Bargnani ... But I have reconsidered my position, he is hurting the team big time right now, he shoots so much but has a horrible percentage and his rebounding is non existent for his position. Time for us to give those minutes to Ed Davis, one of the best PER's in the league right now? I'm down with that.

I would hate to trade him for Gasol however, why do the raptors need another overpriced, over the hill big man?

Go Raps Go!
                                If not trade AB then what would you suggest? Come off the bench as 6th man?

Comment

Working...
                                X