Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how did the Raps beat the Mavs without their so called "stars" Lowry and Bargnani?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how did the Raps beat the Mavs without their so called "stars" Lowry and Bargnani?

I know:

- Raps played great TEAM defence
    - Shot selection is so much better
    - Ball movement
    - Effort
    - Communication on D

That's it. They're like a completely different team without those two. They look like an NBA team again.

Problem with their so called stars is, with Lowry. He always takes unnecessary/forced/dumb shots in crucial situation. He always plays hero ball. His shot selection is just brutal. And his D in my opinion is just as bad as Calderon.

Not crapping on Kyle. He's a talented player. But right now he's a liability to this team. Main thing that he needs to improve is his shot selection. When to shoot and when to pass.

As for Bargnani, i can go on and on about this guy. Where to start? Below average defender, worst rebounding 7footer in the history of the game, no awareness in his game, shoots whenever he gets the ball. Enough already.
    Mamba Mentality

I think a lot of players were pissed of at someone calling them "the worst team in the league".

I have a feeling players took that personaly. You could just feel it. When Kman got his technical, I knew we were frustrating the crap out of them, the dude has the attention span of a deer.

Comment

Ball dont lie !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, this was a welcomed suprise. I didn't expect the Raptors to even have a chance of winning till Cleveland.

Bargnani needs to go. I don't think the team appreciates him calling then the worst in the league. This guy even affects the team negatively even when he's not on the court.

Lowry has issues. I would have the team move him for someone who wants to play PG not HG (hero guard. However, I'm willing to put up with him till the trade deadline. Maybe Casey can get through to him.

Why did Jonas and Ed see such reduced minutes tonight? I expect to play at least 36 min a game.

Comment

easy..Mav's were told to give us that 1 for DC..

for real though we played hard & for the whole game..o ya & Primo Pasta wasnt playing

Comment

I was watching the Mavs feed and kept talking about how Mavs fall behind to the Raptors but the Raptors always blow it. Twice the raptors have blown 24 point leads in the last five years...

2006 Raps up 86-62 (Lost 115-113)
            2007 Raps up 46-30 (Lost 97-96)
            2007 Raps up 49-25 (Lost 105-99)
            2008 Raps up 30-17 (Lost 96-86)
            2011 Raps up 22-3 (Lost 114!!! - 96)

Well not tonite Mavs fans! And you can take your 3 point record home with you as well...

Comment

Kleiza the MVP did it for us
              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

How do you get the Mav's feed?

I'm moving to Asia, I wonder if I can get NBA League Pass and watch all the Raptors games...
                Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

Buschfire wrote: View Post
                  How do you get the Mav's feed?

I'm moving to Asia, I wonder if I can get NBA League Pass and watch all the Raptors games...
                  I use NBA League Pass to watch all Raptors game. NBA League Pass will switch up feeds so I'm not always listening to Matt and Jack (which is nice for a change).

In fact, I have traveled abroad (Chile) and been able to watch games on my pass. I'm pretty sure that anywhere in Asia would qualify for International NBA League Pass. PM me if you want more info...

Big win tonite! Loved it...

Comment

For those of you guys that have issues with watching the games on nba league pass due to blackouts, get a VPN, they are cheap, a few bucks a month, and you can be in any country. Configuring windows to use one is not that hard, most sites have a FAQ on how to set it up, you can do it in less then a minute. You then connect to your vpn like you would to a wireless connection and viola, you are in timbaktu.

Comment

Easy!

Offensively: Calderon ran the offense.
                      Defensively: Ed and JV paired up.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Ball movement was key tonight. The floor spacing actually looks better with Bargnani out and the Raps look like they are going to have a consistent offensive rebounding advantage against a lot of teams in the league. Ed, Amir, and even Val all get on the boards in a big way and our wings are all pretty athletic. Add Lowry to that mix and you have a nasty bunch of athletes to deal with.
                        I think Lowry can still be a very big part of this teams future if he can learn not to cheat so much on D and how to pass a bit more. This style we are seeing of hitting the offensive boards and swarming on D is right up his ally.
                        One thing that we need to get more of is points in the paint. tonight the shots fell for us but we need to get more easy buckets. It will come as the offense adjusts to having bigs who roll and don't pop.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Kleiza and Ross made shots. Dallas didn't.

We defended with hustle. Dallas has Carter and Brand (zero hustle).

We needed this one and played desperate. Our players looked surprised that it worked.
                          Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Uncle Kleiza had a great game. Loose whistle. Mav shot terribly from outside. Casey let the 2nd unit with momentum stay on the floor.

Comment

Profile wrote: View Post
                              Well, this was a welcomed suprise. I didn't expect the Raptors to even have a chance of winning till Cleveland.

Bargnani needs to go. I don't think the team appreciates him calling then the worst in the league. This guy even affects the team negatively even when he's not on the court.

Lowry has issues. I would have the team move him for someone who wants to play PG not HG (hero guard. However, I'm willing to put up with him till the trade deadline. Maybe Casey can get through to him.

Why did Jonas and Ed see such reduced minutes tonight? I expect to play at least 36 min a game.
                              You did notice that they won right? Does it really matter who gets what minutes if the team wins.

Comment

Working...
                              X