Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Conley w/ a quote equally relevant to the Raps as Grizz

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball

Conley talked about a key to leadership is being accountable, and being able to say "Hey, I made mistakes, here's what I'm doing wrong."
    I think this is a money shot for Lowry and Bargnani right now.

Bargnani, though, in my opinion is never going to get it so I'm not wasting any more pixels.

Lowry, on the other hand, needs to recognize Conley's quote, in my opinion. I think his error is not believing in the system and not believing in his teammates. The last 2 games the Raptors are showing the system and the players are something to believe in and Lowry is the one who needs to conform not the other way around.

Lowry has that bulldog determination, which sometimes works to the detriment of team play. When Calderon starts I can't help feel that the Raptors have a better chance of winning.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      Lowry has that bulldog determination, which sometimes works to the detriment of team play. When Calderon starts I can't help feel that the Raptors have a better chance of winning.
      I disagree.

I think Raps are a better team with Lowry but he has to be much more selective in picking his spots. He also has to get healthy.

Comment

Ball movement is better with Jose, not sure if that is a familialrity thing, with players like Amir, maybe Lowry will get it eventually. (Lowry is the better of the two, but Jose make others better, so its a toss up)

Comment

The Raptors have a better record with Calderon starting, 3-6, than Lowry, 2-13.

Comment

you forgot the other losing seasons under dribbles tho?!........at this point we know what dribbles can do he is nothing more than a quality back-up nothing more lowry is better than dribbles period....plz tell your dealer to send me some of what your smoking plz 0.o

Comment

People keep saying Lowry is a better player than Calderon and I;m not so sure. What are you guys basing your opinions on? Does he get to the basket better? Maybe. Does he shoot it better? Arguable. Is he a better defender? Hasn't shown that yet either. Is he a better passer? Nope. Is he more agressive? Absolutely. Not sure how that all adds up, but to my eye he hasn't shown any ability to run a team yet. And yes I am sure that trust and a fierce competitive spirit have something to do with that, but ultimately I don't know if he is the right fit as is. I agree with Matt that it is Lowry who has to change his style of play to fit in.

Comment

Calderon is so bad defensively if anyone is saying that its better for us to have Calderon then Lowry is crazy.. The same people probably want to keep Bargs to..

Comment

I think it would have been great that when Dallas went zone to stall us last night would have been a thank god for Lowry moment he would have attacked that defense. Calderon's approach was awful against Dallas got settled and rested in zone casue Calderon never ever penetrates it didnt matter much that night though cause Raps were hitting their shots.

As for the record with Lowry starting eg Calderon starting, Lowry came off a bad sprain which bruised his bone he doesnt have the blow by drive or lift in his legs back yet, hes been plying very felton-esque with that injury. Lowry spoken up about it in pre season that the pace should be slower cause it makes the defense off balance at times, Lowry will play better now that Davis is starting no more having to waste 5 minutes in the 1st trying to get mr Pasta going.

Comment

JB5 wrote: View Post
                    Calderon is so bad defensively if anyone is saying that its better for us to have Calderon then Lowry is crazy.. The same people probably want to keep Bargs to..
                    This years team has a much worse defensive record than last year. Some of it is because of JV "anchoring" the defence (the rookie factor), and some of it is because Lowry doesn't play good team defence. Calderon is the consummate team player.
                    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

There is no question that Lowry is talented and is the more aggressive guard. We have been hungry for that aggressiveness for a while.

Jose has looked good this year. Could be because its a contract year, but he has been very smart and I am not seeing the same defensive sieve I did last year. At least, I don't recall a time when I was thinking, get Lowry in there Jose is getting abused. I have been mindful of the score when Jose comes in for Lowry and we have been fairing very well.

So with due respect, if Jose is playing better we should also have the decency to admit that he has been very beneficial to our team this season, even if you do consider him as Lowry's backup.
                      Last edited by BasketballCrush; Sat Dec 15, 2012, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Jkwasia wrote: View Post
                        you forgot the other losing seasons under dribbles tho?!........at this point we know what dribbles can do he is nothing more than a quality back-up nothing more lowry is better than dribbles period....plz tell your dealer to send me some of what your smoking plz 0.o
                        I am not a partaker so I'm not posting with my head in a cloud.

Comment

if its relevant, i am, its saturday couch time

Comment

JB5 wrote: View Post
                            Lowry is just as bad as Calderon defensively.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              Lowry is just as bad as Calderon defensively.
                              And Bargs will win the dunk contest

Comment

Working...
                              X