Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any Trade that Went Down Today

Post Thanks / Like

Being better than a guy who has been absolute shit this season doesn't exactly excite me. The guy can't get off the bench in Minnesota, and you think he'll come here and be a star?

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Being better than a guy who has been absolute shit this season doesn't exactly excite me. The guy can't get off the bench in Minnesota, and you think he'll come here and be a star?
    You're right, you got me, let's keep the 7-footer that can't rebound and defend. I'm happy to see that rational people still frequent this site. Can't get off the pine? Ask Adelman and Love (who's got a lock in the position btw).
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If James Johnson was capable of being a starting small forward for the Raptors after being in the Bulls' doghouse prior the trade, I don't see why D-Will can't do the same. By the way, I still think James Johnson was better than any of our scrubs at the 3 this year.

The good thing about D-Will is he can shoot the ball and has also shown the ability to score and go off on a given night.

Trade Lowry for Bledsoe and call it a rebuild. Tank away and see you in 3 years with Wiggins.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    You're right, you got me, let's keep the 7-footer that can't rebound and defend. I'm happy to see that rational people still frequent this site. Can't get off the pine? Ask Adelman and Love (who's got a lock in the position btw).
    I didn't say we should keep Bargnani, and I don't know why you're resorting to a semi-personal attack on me.

If you play williams as a 4, I don't see him providing much more than Bargnani, and I'm not convinced he's got the ability to play the 3. After 7 years of Bargnani I want a traditional 4 and a traditional 3, not a tweener.

Having said that, I understand he has talent (he was the 2nd pick, after all). I could get behind a trade to acquire him, I just think there are some overly optimistic views on him right now. He hasn't shown me that he'd be a star here, thats all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    If James Johnson was capable of being a starting small forward for the Raptors after being in the Bulls' doghouse prior the trade, I don't see why D-Will can't do the same. By the way, I still think James Johnson was better than any of our scrubs at the 3 this year.

The good thing about D-Will is he can shoot the ball and has also shown the ability to score and go off on a given night.

Trade Lowry for Bledsoe and call it a rebuild. Tank away and see you in 3 years with Wiggins.
    Thing about James Johnson is that he was actually a decent player, but had some serious issues with discipline and/or respecting his coaches. It's unfortunate but even though he's probably better than Anderson / Kleiza / Fields, he wouldn't have helped us in the end.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So we are not going to take a shot a former second overall pick who has tremendous upside, can play a position that we a really weak at, and who is only 21 years old. Plus all we have to give up is a guy we were thinking of amnestying anyway? Now I'm sure the deal would be more complicated than just that but I think any deal where we send out Bargnani and get back Williams is like striking gold for us.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't say we should keep Bargnani, and I don't know why you're resorting to a semi-personal attack on me.

If you play williams as a 4, I don't see him providing much more than Bargnani, and I'm not convinced he's got the ability to play the 3. After 7 years of Bargnani I want a traditional 4 and a traditional 3, not a tweener.

Having said that, I understand he has talent (he was the 2nd pick, after all). I could get behind a trade to acquire him, I just think there are some overly optimistic views on him right now. He hasn't shown me that he'd be a star here, thats all.
    Not meant as a semi-personal attack. I came on strong just as much as you did. Sorry. I never mentioned that he'd be a star here. I just mentioned that he'd be better than Bargs, who also happens to not be a star here either. He's backing up Kirilenko at the 3 so to say he can't do it is ludicrous. I think he can get past him being undersized (not comparing him to Barkley) but he is versatile. No one knows why he can't get off the pine in Minny and people in the know is not putting him up as a bust. He's agile and rebounds. That I know. He can score inside and out, that I know. Beyond that, it's speculation. I still think he will be better than Bargs overall.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Not meant as a semi-personal attack. I came on strong just as much as you did. Sorry. I never mentioned that he'd be a star here. I just mentioned that he'd be better than Bargs, who also happens to not be a star here either. He's backing up Kirilenko at the 3 so to say he can't do it is ludicrous. I think he can get past him being undersized (not comparing him to Barkley) but he is versatile. No one knows why he can't get off the pine in Minny and people in the know is not putting him up as a bust. He's agile and rebounds. That I know. He can score inside and out, that I know. Beyond that, it's speculation. I still think he will be better than Bargs overall.
    Fair enough.

As I said, I can get behind acquiring him, I just think that if we're to get him, we need to keep our expectations reasonable. We need to find a star in the draft, that's our best bet.

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Love and Derrick Williams for Andrea Bargnani, Jonas Valanciunas and Linas Kleiza. What about that?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raúl wrote: View Post
    Kevin Love and Derrick Williams for Andrea Bargnani, Jonas Valanciunas and Linas Kleiza. What about that?
    I feel like slapping you for mentioning Jonas in any trade scenario.

Post Thanks / Like

Thing about James Johnson is that he was actually a decent player, but had some serious issues with discipline and/or respecting his coaches. It's unfortunate but even though he's probably better than Anderson / Kleiza / Fields, he wouldn't have helped us in the end.
    James johnson is not better than Fields. He overachieved on a shit team thats it. Even Alan Anderson is better than that weed smoking scrub. Pietrus is easily better than Johnson don't even lie to yourself. Fields hasn't even got to play at 100% this year, when he does you'll eat your words

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    James johnson is not better than Fields. He overachieved on a shit team thats it. Even Alan Anderson is better than that weed smoking scrub. Pietrus is easily better than Johnson don't even lie to yourself. Fields hasn't even got to play at 100% this year, when he does you'll eat your words
    I hope so.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Derrick Williams is a bust, like a Michael Beasley type of bust but worse.

He's not a good rebounder, he's too small (or plays too small) to finish at the rim, his shot is bad, etc. Minnesota's done everything to give him the job but he can't hold on to it -- he's actually slipping out of the rotation entirely because they actually want to win some games now and he kills them.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So Utah made it clear they are looking to trade Milsap or Jeffereson asap before deadline, hopefully Raps can jump on this without damaging the core of (Ross,DeRozan, Davis, JV and Lowry.)

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I think Derrick Williams is a bust, like a Michael Beasley type of bust but worse.

He's not a good rebounder, he's too small (or plays too small) to finish at the rim, his shot is bad, etc. Minnesota's done everything to give him the job but he can't hold on to it -- he's actually slipping out of the rotation entirely because they actually want to win some games now and he kills them.
    I disgaree. When you look at his stats, when given minutes, he can produce, and by minutes i mean 30+.

I think BC should take a look at D-Will. If it doesnt work out, he's an expiring next year.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Dec 17th, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I disgaree. When you look at his stats, when given minutes, he can produce, and by minutes i mean 30+.

I think BC should take a look at D-Will. If it doesnt work out, he's an expiring next year.
    I've got no issue with taking a look at him, but you're talking about trading Bargnani for an expiring. I think we should try to get more -- otherwise why not just amnesty him.

True, Derrick Williams has produced well in games he played 30+ minutes. However, I've always been a believer that if a player is good, he will earn the minutes. Why does Derrick Williams only have 15 games where he played 30+ minutes? Why did it take him 75 career games to reach that milestone?

This is a 2nd overall pick on a below-average to average team. There's absolutely no reason why he isn't getting an opportunity to play, unless he just isn't good.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Found a nice article on Williams from a Minnesota paper:
    http://www.minnpost.com/sports/2012/...rrick-williams

Shows the positives and negatives of Williams. I don't think he's going to be an all-star anytime soon, but I also don't think we've seen the best of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    So Utah made it clear they are looking to trade Milsap or Jeffereson asap before deadline, hopefully Raps can jump on this without damaging the core of (Ross,DeRozan, Davis, JV and Lowry.)
    We should be going after Millsap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information