Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81

Thread: Why do we want to trade Jose again?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Why do we want to trade Jose again?

    Jose has looked amazing in a starters role so far and with Andrea out we have a good defensive group behind him to make up for when he gets beat. Right now I would much rather see Jose extended and running this team long term than Lowry and Bargs.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    and he wants to be here in Toronto (hint bargnani). You could tell he was having a blast during the post-game interview as well, nice to see a player enjoying to play

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We cannot extend him at 10 mil, thats for sure.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  4. #4
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    for Calderon I would do 3 years @ up to 18 million with a fourth year team option

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah I would do a 6 MIL/Year deal,

    Would Calderon?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    #extendJose

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, extend Jose if he accepts his backup role, and limited minutes. Because when Kyle Lowry comes back I think we have to stick with him as our true starting point guard, at least for now.

    It's funny how 2 weeks ago everybody wanted him out since it was supposedly impossible to make them both play together, but now, after a couple really good games with Jose as our starting point guard, we want him extended again.

    Anyway, I'll keep saying that if he accepts less money and less minutes, we can't get a better backup point guard, who's that much of a leader.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wasn't necessarily being serious. But honestly, Jose has been FAR better at the point than Lowry this season. Lowry hasn't run the team well at all.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Trade him while he has value, he is not coming back next year.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    this is crazy, he goes off and everyone is loving him.. Jose is a backup point gaurd unless its on a team like miami where they have 2 superstars.. #josesucks

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Way too early to write off Lowry after just 15 games with a new team, several of which he was playing injured. He's definitely got some growing to do as a player (not so much in terms of his talent, but in learning how to run a team and be a leader), but his upside is still tremendous. I'm not totally sold on him being our PG of the future, but it makes more sense to plan on him leading this team in 4 years, rather than banking on a 35-year-old Calderon.

    I don't think you automatically trade Calderon, but if the Raptors get a great offer, then yes, you pull the trigger on that, and probably still make him a $6 million offer in the offseason if he hits free agency. And realistically, the team acquiring him is more likely to be thinking a pure rental, rather than a long-term acquisition.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JB5 wrote: View Post
    this is crazy, he goes off and everyone is loving him.. Jose is a backup point gaurd unless its on a team like miami where they have 2 superstars.. #josesucks

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    we might as well extend alan anderson and sign him to a big deal.. he did have 24 points tonight, our new go to guy..

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Derozan just said that since he has been with the team, he has only seen Jose upset once, "he is the tim tebow of the group, always upbeat and in a good mood, just a good dude"

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    Way too early to write off Lowry after just 15 games with a new team, several of which he was playing injured. He's definitely got some growing to do as a player (not so much in terms of his talent, but in learning how to run a team and be a leader), but his upside is still tremendous. I'm not totally sold on him being our PG of the future, but it makes more sense to plan on him leading this team in 4 years, rather than banking on a 35-year-old Calderon.

    I don't think you automatically trade Calderon, but if the Raptors get a great offer, then yes, you pull the trigger on that, and probably still make him a $6 million offer in the offseason if he hits free agency. And realistically, the team acquiring him is more likely to be thinking a pure rental, rather than a long-term acquisition.
    Oh for sure, I'm not saying Lowry isn't capable of improvement, but so far Jose has shown a much better ability to run a team. Lowry plays too much hero-ball. Hopefully he can get healthy and then get better acquainted with his teammates. He's got to trust them more.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Derozan just said that since he has been with the team, he has only seen Jose upset once, "he is the tim tebow of the group, always upbeat and in a good move, just a good dude"
    yeah i can agree with that, he sucks lol just like tebow

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JB5 wrote: View Post
    yeah i can agree with that, he sucks lol just like tebow
    Go troll somewhere else.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Go troll somewhere else.
    this is just crazy, we finally get a good pg in lowry.. i admit the injuries are not pleasing me that much, and when he does get injured and calderon has a good game and everyone is all over him talking about extensions.. figure it out man the guy is 31 years old..

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    TDOT
    Posts
    689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JB5 wrote: View Post
    yeah i can agree with that, he sucks lol just like tebow
    can tell you don't know shit about ball, clown
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    TDOT
    Posts
    689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JB5 wrote: View Post
    this is just crazy, we finally get a good pg in lowry.. i admit the injuries are not pleasing me that much, and when he does get injured and calderon has a good game and everyone is all over him talking about extensions.. figure it out man the guy is 31 years old..
    jarrett jack 2.0 is not good. career 42% from field
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •