Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Some Observations

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Some Observations

    1.) If DeRozan can hold his rebound rate and improve his body just a bit more. Their is no reason he can't be our starting 3 next year

    2.) Terrence Ross is a fantastic defender and should be our starting SG by the beginning of next season

    3.) Boss Davis is killing it of late and is increasingly making Bargnani irrelevant

    4.) Even though Calderon is our best trade bait at the moment. We really need to resign him. He is fantastic PG insurance and can play off guard as well.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How much do you want to resign Calderon for?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    How much do you want to resign Calderon for?
    Don't even bother estimating the amount,, I can't even count how many times we've been wrong in predicting Colangelo's decisions

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter c_bcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    3 years 20 mill. 4th year team option.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Downtown Toronto
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote c_bcm wrote: View Post
    3 years 20 mill. 4th year team option.
    Brian Colaenglo we know this is you typing cause only you would offer that amount for over hype backup.....6.5 mil a year umm i dont think so...0.o

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,794
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jkwasia wrote: View Post
    Brian Colaenglo we know this is you typing cause only you would offer that amount for over hype backup.....6.5 mil a year umm i dont think so...0.o
    Lol

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My observation the last 3 games:

    The Raps are a much better team without Bargnani AND Lowry. I'm haven't given up on Lowry yet but he really needs to change the way he play. The team is just so much better offensively with a pass first PG like Jose.

    Defensively, what can i say? they're competing hard, they're communicating, they're playing with passion. They look like an NBA team again.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargnani, Ross and Lowry for Derrick Williams and Rubio.

    my dream.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    Bargnani, Ross and Lowry for Derrick Williams and Rubio.

    my dream.
    Seriously? Lowry plays what, 15 games with a new team (a chunk while injured) and now he is pretty much worth less than Rubio? Jeez.

    You gotta give him a bit more time than that...

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Seriously? Lowry plays what, 15 games with a new team (a chunk while injured) and now he is pretty much worth less than Rubio? Jeez.

    You gotta give him a bit more time than that...
    A perfectly healthy Lowry isn't worth half Rubio. Maybe not even a quarter.
    your pal,
    ebrian

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    828
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like what Davis is doing. He's making best use of the opportunity. I hope he continues and establishes himself as a Starter.

    Regarding an extension for Jose, I doubt he'll resign after what he's gone through as a Raptor.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter Pele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    mud
    Posts
    263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    Bargnani, Ross and Lowry for Derrick Williams and Rubio.

    my dream.
    You dream silly.

    Keep Ross. He's fast growing into a Jason Terry kind guy. Terry was huge in Dallas's championship.

    Rubio has nice rhythm, but Lowry has a bull-dog attitude. I think Casey can shape Lowry into an all-star, as long as Bargs is gone. Bargs completely undermines everything Casey is trying to instill into the rest of the team with his indifference, and the fact he gets big minutes without producing, or caring.

    Andrea for Derrick Williams? I'm not sure that D-Will will ever live up to his 2nd pick expectations. That being said, I'm sure that Andrea will never, ever, ever live up to 1st pick expectations. I'm sure BC can use the whole "stretch 4" thing to sell Andrea to the 'wolves for, let's say, D-Will and, well...(I don't know, who'd want Barg's shitty contract anyway)

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    my observation is Casey's system works with players who listen. The defensive mentality message does not go through to some players with an ego.

    Holding the Rockets and Dallas to under 100 points is extremely impressive.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think if we could do it. Then we should try to trade Lowry for Jennings, that would be a dream come true. I love Lowry but if that trade is available then BC should do it in a heartbeat. Jennings needs a change of scenery and him and DeRozan would tear it up!
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I think if we could do it. Then we should try to trade Lowry for Jennings, that would be a dream come true. I love Lowry but if that trade is available then BC should do it in a heartbeat. Jennings needs a change of scenery and him and DeRozan would tear it up!
    But who would play defense?

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    But who would play defense?
    Casey can get Jennings to play some team D. He can't possibly be worse than Jose and Lowry hasn't been exactly stellar on Defense either
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Casey can get Jennings to play some team D. He can't possibly be worse than Jose and Lowry hasn't been exactly stellar on Defense either
    Jennings is not a good leader or PG. He disappears frequently and shies away from tough competition. While Lowry has his problems, and they are frustrating and make it hard to judge if he is the answer at PG, I believe Jennings is not either, and that acquiring him is a step sideways at best. If fans tend to hate on Raps like Bargs, who mentally just don't seem to be "there" all the time and don't give consistent effort, then Jennings is exactly the wrong direction to go in.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How quickly people jump ship you guys realize Lowry played at an allstar level in those 1st 3 games easily putting up 17 7 7 a night. Give us a healthy Lowry in a line up that doesnt have to bother with Bargnani and he will provide what was advertised. Let the poor guy heal up in the mean time good job calderon, now please provide this off the bench as well.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    How quickly people jump ship you guys realize Lowry played at an allstar level in those 1st 3 games easily putting up 17 7 7 a night. Give us a healthy Lowry in a line up that doesnt have to bother with Bargnani and he will provide what was advertised. Let the poor guy heal up in the mean time good job calderon, now please provide this off the bench as well.
    +1

    like to add, just a week ago ed davis was the wasted pick in colangelo's horrible drafting record and now is a top 10 pf in the league according to some posters here.

    this team-bargs is much better

    #freebargs, #dumpamir

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter Pill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    How quickly people jump ship you guys realize Lowry played at an allstar level in those 1st 3 games easily putting up 17 7 7 a night. Give us a healthy Lowry in a line up that doesnt have to bother with Bargnani and he will provide what was advertised. Let the poor guy heal up in the mean time good job calderon, now please provide this off the bench as well.
    I remember when some other useless player "played at an all star level" for 13 games last season. Truly playing at an all star level is never something that happens over the course of 3 or 13 games. It is something that happens over the course of a season or a career. It is very easy for a PG playing hero ball to put up big individual numbers on a bad team. The only part of his game I like is his nose for rebounds. He doesnt play within the team defense, he gambles way too much. Actually watching the games and seeing how reckless and out of control Lowry's game is, then taking a cursory look at his games played over his seasons you can see that he is not someone I want to count on to be there to run this team. Another swing and a miss by BC imo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •