Some Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT2010 wrote: View Post
    You're right Lowry doesn't look as good in a suit, but this was his best game so far this season. First time his teammates have had as many touches as he has.
    Easy now. I'm convinced that if the scoring load isn't on Lowry's shoulder, he should be fine distributing. His early numbers are only second to Lebron. Umm, let's not forget that he's outrebounding Bargs who happens to be a foot taller than him. I don't have amnesia. He's still the pg moving forward.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

DAVIS!

Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        I think if we could do it. Then we should try to trade Lowry for Jennings, that would be a dream come true. I love Lowry but if that trade is available then BC should do it in a heartbeat. Jennings needs a change of scenery and him and DeRozan would tear it up!
        But who would play defense?

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
          But who would play defense?
          Casey can get Jennings to play some team D. He can't possibly be worse than Jose and Lowry hasn't been exactly stellar on Defense either

Comment

ScottBaird wrote: View Post
            DAVIS!

Lmao! +1

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              Here what I observed: 1.) Bargnani looks great in a suit. 2.) Lowry doesn't need to be traded or need to come off the bench to earn his rightful spot as the starter of this team. 3.) Lets not talk about Calderon's extension. He had a great game. He increased his value as a trade commodity moving forward.
              Bargnani for D Will and a first rounder. Also Milk as much as you can for Jose, maybe package him with Pasta man and get some nice pieces and picks.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                Bargnani, Ross and Lowry for Derrick Williams and Rubio.

my dream.
                You dream silly.

Keep Ross. He's fast growing into a Jason Terry kind guy. Terry was huge in Dallas's championship.

Rubio has nice rhythm, but Lowry has a bull-dog attitude. I think Casey can shape Lowry into an all-star, as long as Bargs is gone. Bargs completely undermines everything Casey is trying to instill into the rest of the team with his indifference, and the fact he gets big minutes without producing, or caring.

Andrea for Derrick Williams? I'm not sure that D-Will will ever live up to his 2nd pick expectations. That being said, I'm sure that Andrea will never, ever, ever live up to 1st pick expectations. I'm sure BC can use the whole "stretch 4" thing to sell Andrea to the 'wolves for, let's say, D-Will and, well...(I don't know, who'd want Barg's shitty contract anyway)

Comment

my observation is Casey's system works with players who listen. The defensive mentality message does not go through to some players with an ego.

Holding the Rockets and Dallas to under 100 points is extremely impressive.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    How quickly people jump ship you guys realize Lowry played at an allstar level in those 1st 3 games easily putting up 17 7 7 a night. Give us a healthy Lowry in a line up that doesnt have to bother with Bargnani and he will provide what was advertised. Let the poor guy heal up in the mean time good job calderon, now please provide this off the bench as well.
                    +1

like to add, just a week ago ed davis was the wasted pick in colangelo's horrible drafting record and now is a top 10 pf in the league according to some posters here.

this team-bargs is much better

#freebargs, #dumpamir

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      How quickly people jump ship you guys realize Lowry played at an allstar level in those 1st 3 games easily putting up 17 7 7 a night. Give us a healthy Lowry in a line up that doesnt have to bother with Bargnani and he will provide what was advertised. Let the poor guy heal up in the mean time good job calderon, now please provide this off the bench as well.
                      I remember when some other useless player "played at an all star level" for 13 games last season. Truly playing at an all star level is never something that happens over the course of 3 or 13 games. It is something that happens over the course of a season or a career. It is very easy for a PG playing hero ball to put up big individual numbers on a bad team. The only part of his game I like is his nose for rebounds. He doesnt play within the team defense, he gambles way too much. Actually watching the games and seeing how reckless and out of control Lowry's game is, then taking a cursory look at his games played over his seasons you can see that he is not someone I want to count on to be there to run this team. Another swing and a miss by BC imo.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                        ...The only part of his game I like is his nose for rebounds. He doesnt play within the team defense, he gambles way too much. Actually watching the games and seeing how reckless and out of control Lowry's game is, then taking a cursory look at his games played over his seasons you can see that he is not someone I want to count on to be there to run this team. Another swing and a miss by BC imo.
                        I think Lowry would play a lot better without Bargs missing long threes that give the other team 30 easy fast break points off of long rebounds. Lowry wants to win, and if other players aren't making their shots, he starts getting a little desperate, and takes on too much of the load. Add to that my impression that he was playing hurt, and it was affecting his game, and you have a recipe for losses. Him sitting and watching how Jose and the rest managed to wrestle two good wins this past week might make him re-think his approach. One can hope. He still has more and better tools at his disposal than Jose. No question. It's his mental approach to the game that needs work.

If Bargs could be traded for almost anything, if would force Casey to be a better coach. And Lowry to be a better player. Bargs is hurting the team, as it is presently constituted.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                          I remember when some other useless player "played at an all star level" for 13 games last season. Truly playing at an all star level is never something that happens over the course of 3 or 13 games. It is something that happens over the course of a season or a career. It is very easy for a PG playing hero ball to put up big individual numbers on a bad team. The only part of his game I like is his nose for rebounds. He doesnt play within the team defense, he gambles way too much. Actually watching the games and seeing how reckless and out of control Lowry's game is, then taking a cursory look at his games played over his seasons you can see that he is not someone I want to count on to be there to run this team. Another swing and a miss by BC imo.
                          Kyle Lowry has been an all star snub for the past 2 seasons the guy is legit dont compare him to Bargnani showing up for 13 games.... Houston won games because of this kid, and when he got hurt there went their cances of making the playoffs. Wait till he recovers and he is in the starting line with Ed the team will be better.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                            Seriously? Lowry plays what, 15 games with a new team (a chunk while injured) and now he is pretty much worth less than Rubio? Jeez.

You gotta give him a bit more time than that...
                            A perfectly healthy Lowry isn't worth half Rubio. Maybe not even a quarter.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              I think Lowry would play a lot better without Bargs missing long threes that give the other team 30 easy fast break points off of long rebounds. Lowry wants to win, and if other players aren't making their shots, he starts getting a little desperate, and takes on too much of the load. Add to that my impression that he was playing hurt, and it was affecting his game, and you have a recipe for losses. Him sitting and watching how Jose and the rest managed to wrestle two good wins this past week might make him re-think his approach. One can hope. He still has more and better tools at his disposal than Jose. No question. It's his mental approach to the game that needs work.

If Bargs could be traded for almost anything, if would force Casey to be a better coach. And Lowry to be a better player. Bargs is hurting the team, as it is presently constituted.
                              He sat on the sidelines injured in Houston and watched Dragic do exactly what Calderon is doing now and that didn't seem to make him re-think anything. He came to this team with the same Alpha Dog macho bullshit attitude and those are just fancy words for hero ball. If he can snap out of that and start playing within what the team wants to accomplish rather than 30ft contested shots, defensive gambles, reckless drives to the basket that look like a scene out of Braveheart then great but I am not going to hold my breath till he does.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Casey can get Jennings to play some team D. He can't possibly be worse than Jose and Lowry hasn't been exactly stellar on Defense either
                                Jennings is not a good leader or PG. He disappears frequently and shies away from tough competition. While Lowry has his problems, and they are frustrating and make it hard to judge if he is the answer at PG, I believe Jennings is not either, and that acquiring him is a step sideways at best. If fans tend to hate on Raps like Bargs, who mentally just don't seem to be "there" all the time and don't give consistent effort, then Jennings is exactly the wrong direction to go in.

Comment

Working...
                                X