Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Ed Davis is popular

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ed Davis is popular

    @ZachLowe_NBA: Just finished Raps-Rox: Another strong game for Ed Davis. Keep an eye on him; other teams are.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If they trade Ed instead of Bargs we riot?

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    If they trade Ed instead of Bargs we riot?
    if they trade ed instead of amir we riot. they will trade bargs right after they assess what the best deal is and them pull the trigger. i think bargs is a good as gone. could have been done already if it wasn't for that pesky elbow

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,241
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    If they trade Ed instead of Bargs we riot?
    Yeah, that would be bad.

    I wonder if the tweet meant other teams are starting to notice him and prepare for him in games and not a reference to possible transaction.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    People forget that Ed Davis was actually considered to be one of the best players in his draft class when he came out of high school and would have gone top 5 if he had declared after his freshmen year. Then he got hurt in his and his stock dropped. Then the night of the draft like 6 teams that should have taken him passed and suddenly here we are. We get a guy who we not only should have never had a chance at, but a guy we didn't even work out because we thought there was no way he'd drop so far. It's no exageration to say he may be the best player the Raptors have drafted in Colangelo's tenure: he is far more athletic than any of the other bigs, has a good feel for the post, and he is already a great rebounder and a good defender. Plus he has the NBA pedigree with his father having been a very succesful player throughout the 90's. Since he got here I've been hoping we'd see him take a step forward and start to force the staff to give him minutes. Originally I thought he'd be a great compliment to Andrea, now I think he may be the guy we should be trying to compliment. It's early yet and he has to show he can bring it consistently but Ed Davis is starting to look like a big part of the Raptors future.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    People forget that Ed Davis was actually considered to be one of the best players in his draft class when he came out of high school and would have gone top 5 if he had declared after his freshmen year. Then he got hurt in his and his stock dropped. Then the night of the draft like 6 teams that should have taken him passed and suddenly here we are. We get a guy who we not only should have never had a chance at, but a guy we didn't even work out because we thought there was no way he'd drop so far. It's no exageration to say he may be the best player the Raptors have drafted in Colangelo's tenure: he is far more athletic than any of the other bigs, has a good feel for the post, and he is already a great rebounder and a good defender. Plus he has the NBA pedigree with his father having been a very succesful player throughout the 90's. Since he got here I've been hoping we'd see him take a step forward and start to force the staff to give him minutes. Originally I thought he'd be a great compliment to Andrea, now I think he may be the guy we should be trying to compliment. It's early yet and he has to show he can bring it consistently but Ed Davis is starting to look like a big part of the Raptors future.
    +1 you hit the nail on the head my friend. Eddy Davis and Big Vally is the perfect front court for the Raps. Ed is going to be a very nice player and JV is going to be great.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    If they trade Ed instead of Bargs we riot?
    Agreed!

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm just wondering, what if Minnesota offers Derrick Williams for Ed Davis. Would you guys do it?

    If you asked me this question last year i would say in a HEARTBEAT. But Ed just like DeMar has improved so much this year. So i don't know anymore.

    What do you guys think?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I love Ed this year. I hope we keep him.

    Bargnani + Lowry for Rubio and Williams.
    please please please!

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    I love Ed this year. I hope we keep him.

    Bargnani + Lowry for Rubio and Williams.
    please please please!
    No chance of this ever happening.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Rookie swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    I love Ed this year. I hope we keep him.

    Bargnani + Lowry for Rubio and Williams.
    please please please!
    If only. They'll hold onto Rubio like their first-born child. Maybe Shved or Barea with a pick, but this trade doesn't go down with Rubio.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I'm just wondering, what if Minnesota offers Derrick Williams for Ed Davis. Would you guys do it?
    Nope. Ed Davis has found his game, while Derrick Williams is still looking for his.

    I would trade Bargs for Derrick.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I'm just wondering, what if Minnesota offers Derrick Williams for Ed Davis. Would you guys do it?

    If you asked me this question last year i would say in a HEARTBEAT. But Ed just like DeMar has improved so much this year. So i don't know anymore.

    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Mon Dec 17th, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For me, untouchable players are: Ross, Derozan, JV, Davis, Lowry. Everyone else, make your deals.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    For me, untouchable players are: Ross, Derozan, JV, Davis, Lowry. Everyone else, make your deals.
    +1 thats the delicious jelly center of the Raps jelly donut.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    +1 thats the delicious jelly center of the Raps jelly donut.

    JV is the only person who should be untouchable. Anyone else can go....in a literal sense, there are only like 10 untouchable guys in the league. If Pau is touchable, then so is ED.

    Let's not fall in to a malaise because of a two game winning streak.

    note: I love ED, just wanted to make my point

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,392
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BallaBalla wrote: View Post
    JV is the only person who should be untouchable. Anyone else can go....in a literal sense, there are only like 10 untouchable guys in the league. If Pau is touchable, then so is ED.

    Let's not fall in to a malaise because of a two game winning streak.

    note: I love ED, just wanted to make my point
    You said it before I could. Even JV is not untouchable though, nobody is.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    For me, untouchable players are: Ross, Derozan, JV, Davis, Lowry. Everyone else, make your deals.
    No one on this team is untouchable. Lebron is untouchable. Durant is untouchable. The only guy who shouldn't be available is JV but that's based on potential and years of control....

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    For me, untouchable players are: Ross, Derozan, JV, Davis, Lowry. Everyone else, make your deals.
    I really don't think there is an untouchable player on this roster.
    Deadallus

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    For me, untouchable players are: Ross, Derozan, JV, Davis, Lowry. Everyone else, make your deals.
    Agreed same here. Fields isn't untouchable but i'd like to see him play a bit and he probably won't get dealt anyway

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •