Ed Davis is popular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    For me, untouchable players are: Ross, Derozan, JV, Davis, Lowry. Everyone else, make your deals.
    Lowry should not be untouchable IMO, there is no guarantee he resigns and frankly i dont think hes playing 100% mentally speaking. And his effort and decision making and man defense is quite suspect considering that was supposed to be his major selling point.

Comment

I dunno about "big part" of Raptors future for Davis, but I think he provides some insurance and justification for upper brass to believe Bargnani is expendable.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

For me, untouchable players are: Ross, Derozan, JV, Davis, Lowry. Everyone else, make your deals.
        No one on this team is untouchable. Lebron is untouchable. Durant is untouchable. The only guy who shouldn't be available is JV but that's based on potential and years of control....

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
          JV is the only person who should be untouchable. Anyone else can go....in a literal sense, there are only like 10 untouchable guys in the league. If Pau is touchable, then so is ED.

Let's not fall in to a malaise because of a two game winning streak.

note: I love ED, just wanted to make my point
          You said it before I could. Even JV is not untouchable though, nobody is.

Comment

I really don't think there is an untouchable player on this roster.
            Deadallus

Comment

I like what I'm seeing from Ed, but lets see the next three games... he's been efficient for a few games at a time in the past.

Comment

Agreed same here. Fields isn't untouchable but i'd like to see him play a bit and he probably won't get dealt anyway

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  I'm just wondering, what if Minnesota offers Derrick Williams for Ed Davis. Would you guys do it?

If you asked me this question last year i would say in a HEARTBEAT. But Ed just like DeMar has improved so much this year. So i don't know anymore.

What do you guys think?
                  Last edited by Balls of Steel; Mon Dec 17, 2012, 06:03 PM.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                    People forget that Ed Davis was actually considered to be one of the best players in his draft class when he came out of high school and would have gone top 5 if he had declared after his freshmen year. Then he got hurt in his and his stock dropped. Then the night of the draft like 6 teams that should have taken him passed and suddenly here we are. We get a guy who we not only should have never had a chance at, but a guy we didn't even work out because we thought there was no way he'd drop so far. It's no exageration to say he may be the best player the Raptors have drafted in Colangelo's tenure: he is far more athletic than any of the other bigs, has a good feel for the post, and he is already a great rebounder and a good defender. Plus he has the NBA pedigree with his father having been a very succesful player throughout the 90's. Since he got here I've been hoping we'd see him take a step forward and start to force the staff to give him minutes. Originally I thought he'd be a great compliment to Andrea, now I think he may be the guy we should be trying to compliment. It's early yet and he has to show he can bring it consistently but Ed Davis is starting to look like a big part of the Raptors future.
                    +1 you hit the nail on the head my friend. Eddy Davis and Big Vally is the perfect front court for the Raps. Ed is going to be a very nice player and JV is going to be great.

Comment

I don't think Reuben meant it literally. Untouchable as in, players that should and will most likely be part of the Raptors core. As apposed to the other guys who are more expendable and not part of the long term plans.

Comment

Every team needs a core. Those 3-4 guys that are with this team for a long time, the supporting cast, whether it includes your very 'star' or not.

I mean untouchable in the sense where these guys are the key players for this roster for years to come, whilst the others are expendable, and should be used as assets or trading pieces.

I agree, guys like LeBron, Durant are untouchable. But would you trade Serge Ibaka? Would you trade Russel Westbrook? Those are their core pieces, the key players, and I doubt OKC would be willing to part with those guys, regardless of who it was.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lowry - 27
                          Ross - 21
                          DD - 23
                          Ed - 23
                          Val - 20

In 3 years, this team will be great. Add a Loul Deng, a Jason Kidd, and 2 draft picks (Wiggins!) from 2014 draft, and this team is ready to compete.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I remember I was the only person to answer 'Ed Davis' for the pre-season poll of - players you are most excited to watch this season. Called it!
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                            X