Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Aldridge's take on Bags and Calerdon and the potential trade rumours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Bledsoe is having a great year. However, I could see Bledsoe turning into Darren Collison 2.0 for them.
    ie. Play behind CP3 for a year. Prove that you're too good to be a back-up. Get moved to help convince CP3 to stay. Turns out you're only so-so as a starter.
    But at this point, would you rather have a 30+ Jose or a young guy like Bledsoe as your back-up? Not starter, but back-up to Lowry.

I'd take the guy who still has an upside beyond an expiring deal.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
      eric bledsoe?
      Damn you got me. Yeah, definitely him though.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Is Jose a good backup though? He is super classy and I appreciate his professionalism and all but when he was backing up Lowry it wasn't like we were kicking ass when the starters were resting.

I fell into this trap earlier this season. I felt that with Jose as a backup we would be a lot better than last year when we were using Bayless/Anthony as backups. However we are regressing. I think Jose is a better starter than a backup, but he's not that great of a starter to keep him.

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
          Give Calderon the keys to the season. He is the best player to get all his teammates going and that's what is lacking (aside from the last two wins) is good chemistry . And his comments last interview was admirably. Even the players want to suck him off. They love him and trust him. He wants this to be his team and I ll take his effenciency and leadership over Lowry at this point. Lowry I'm just too unsure what he can do. I see Mike James (upgraded version).
          I just cannot understand how you can say this after watching him run the team for so long. We have never been even a 500 team with him as a starter. We have won nothing.

The reason why is because he cannot defend at a consistent level. It's pathetic at this point that we even talk about keeping him.

Jose will probably do really well on another team like the Lakers where he has elite defendes on the wings and in the middle to make up for his crappy defense....but unless we trade for D12 let's just move on

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
            I just cannot understand how you can say this after watching him run the team for so long. We have never been even a 500 team with him as a starter. We have won nothing.

The reason why is because he cannot defend at a consistent level. It's pathetic at this point that we even talk about keeping him.

Jose will probably do really well on another team like the Lakers where he has elite defendes on the wings and in the middle to make up for his crappy defense....but unless we trade for D12 let's just move on
            +1
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Is Jose a good backup though? He is super classy and I appreciate his professionalism and all but when he was backing up Lowry it wasn't like we were kicking ass when the starters were resting.

I fell into this trap earlier this season. I felt that with Jose as a backup we would be a lot better than last year when we were using Bayless/Anthony as backups. However we are regressing. I think Jose is a better starter than a backup, but he's not that great of a starter to keep him.
              I really think he's a great starting player. Not all-star calibre, but just under it. I mean, he's leading the league in triple-doubles this season. He's a very, very good point guard. His passing and court vision is really beautiful, his jump-shot is really nice (needs to be a little more aggressive), and even though he is a TERRIBLE defender, he's improved under Casey. Any team in the league would love to sign him, acquire him for the right price. Jose is too good to be coming off the bench, and a general starter.

One reason I think this team has regressed with him coming off the bench, is he's playing most minutes beside Lowry/Lucas. It's too ineffective because Calderon and Lowry are two different guys. The 2-guard lineup works better when the pass-first guy is handling the ball, and the more aggressive guard off the ball.

One example was last season when we had Bayless starting at the 2, with Calderon at the 1. Let's face it, Bayless and Calderon played really well together.

Jose is a very good point guard, and he made his name/living in Toronto as a back-up, there's no doubt he is a good back-up. Is he good off-the-ball? Well, he's clearly better when trying to create for others..
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
              X