Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs?

Time for another hopelessly optimistic thread!

We are 6 and 19 and it looks like we may have started to turn a corner (at least that's what my over reacting, boderline bipolar raptorfan brain is telling me). Our next 6 games are:

@ Cleveland
    Detroit
    Orlando
    @ San Antonio
    @ New Orleans
    @ Orlando

Realistically, with the way we are playing, there is no reason we can't go 5 of 6. So that brings us to 11 and 20. To get to .500 on the year we would have to then go on to win 30 of 51 games, which is a tall order but could be doable.

In conclusion, the Raptors are making the playoffs this year. They are going to sweep the Knicks in the first round enroute to the franchises frist ever Eastern Conferance final appearance where we'll go 7 close games with the eventual champion Miami Heat. BOOK IT!
    Last edited by hateslosing; Mon Dec 17, 2012, 08:47 PM. Reason: french word used in both languages
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

oh boy
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Merge with Panagnos'? Or just close, it's all good.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Playoff?

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

just want to add we are 2 games over 500 the past two games. if this trend continues we should finish with about 63 wins on the season.

in the east one good steak can grab you that 8th spot

Comment

Hey I'm sure we all played out a similar story in our heads. A reason why we keep tuning in. This one be the first time a team came roaring back from a dismal record. Odds are quite stocked against us. Most likely wont happen but yes there is a chance, Would be nice to witness it. And it was a while back where Antonio Davis lead us to a crazy finish where we won like 15 of 18 to squeak in the playoffs, McGrady showed his stuff as he was the best player on the team while Carter sat out.

Still to early to put the rally caps on. This stretch will determine it. And we have already been let down many times already.

Comment

Raptors are not making the playoffs, in my opinion, but that does not have to mean the season is a waste.

Keep playing like they are (essentially like last season). Develop the system and make the core buy in.

Trade anyone not named JV, TR, DD, ED, or KL should the right deal come along.

Still think Toronto should be exploring taking on the worst deals in the league for picks or opportunity to swap picks likely to be lottery picks. Forget financial flexibility for 2-3 summers.

If Casey can keep them playing like they have the last 2 games, they may not be a lock for the playoffs but they are not a bottom 5 team either.

Hopefully send a 10-14 pick to OKC this year and get that noose off the neck.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  Time for another hopelessly optimistic thread!

We are 6 and 19 and it looks like we may have started to turn a corner (at least that's what my over reacting, boderline bipolar raptorfan brain is telling me). Our next 6 games are:

@ Cleveland
                  Detroit
                  Orlando
                  @ San Antonio
                  @ New Orleans
                  @ Orlando

Realistically, with the way we are playing, there is no reason we can't go 5 of 6. So that brings us to 11 and 20. To get to .500 on the year we would have to then go on to win 30 of 51 games, which is a tall order but could be doable.

In conclusion, the Raptors are making the playoffs this year. They are going to sweep the Knicks in the first round enroute to the franchises frist ever Eastern Conferance final appearance where we'll go 7 close games with the eventual champion Miami Heat. BOOK IT!
                  Love your optimism. Not gonna happen. What have you been smoking ?

Comment

It's too early to say. Kyle is coming back in a few more days. We'll see what happens with Ed and Kyle in the line-up. Playoffs is achievable but unlikely. We dug our own graves with a 6-19 start.

Comment

Should we try and lasso Jeremy Lamb or PJ3 from OKC? so much wasted potential there.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Raptors are not making the playoffs, in my opinion, but that does not have to mean the season is a waste.

Keep playing like they are (essentially like last season). Develop the system and make the core buy in.

Trade anyone not named JV, TR, DD, ED, or KL should the right deal come along.

Still think Toronto should be exploring taking on the worst deals in the league for picks or opportunity to swap picks likely to be lottery picks. Forget financial flexibility for 2-3 summers.

If Casey can keep them playing like they have the last 2 games, they may not be a lock for the playoffs but they are not a bottom 5 team either.

Hopefully send a 10-14 pick to OKC this year and get that noose off the neck.
                        I dont agree with trading for picks and taking on crappy deals but i do like the idea of playing our ass's off and end up with 30 - 35 wins and letting OKC have a shit pick. Then next year we go ham and make the playoffs, sounds good to me

Comment

is this a tenforthwin thread? am I being punked?
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Raps will not make the playoffs but in my opinion they should go 5-1 in these next 6 games. Cavs, Magic, Detroit, Hornets. All VERY WINNABLE games.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              I dont agree with trading for picks and taking on crappy deals but i do like the idea of playing our ass's off and end up with 30 - 35 wins and letting OKC have a shit pick. Then next year we go ham and make the playoffs, sounds good to me
                              Why? What has Toronto done with cap space and financial flexibility? Who says crappy deals have to play? Say the current squad makes the playoffs next year, how deep will they go?

Talent is still an issue. The only difference now is guys are buying in to the system.

Comment

Working...
                              X