Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Top Point Guards?

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Future Top Point Guards?

This is a thread, somewhat influenced by Enlightenment, who asked in the thread 'Rebuilding: Who is doing it right?'.

Enlightenment: Who was the better first overall PG pick?

John Wall or Kyrie Irving?
    Now, this isn't much about the draft, but more about the point guards.

My question I pose to all of you is, who do you believe, will be the best point guards in the future?
    It could be your top 5, it could be your top 3, top 10 whatever it may be. Also state, specifically how far/near into the future? ex: 3 years, my top 3 guards are; etc, etc, etc.

I'm a point guard myself, and I love watching great play from the floor general, and seeing how they get their teammates involved, and how to make an impact on the game.

My list goes for Top 5, in 4-5 years.

In order:

1 - Derrick Rose (once, or if ever returns to complete form).
    2 - Kyrie Irving
    3 - Ricky Rubio
    4 - Russel Westbrook
    5 - Eric Bledsoe

The best point guards in the league have something special about them. You look at the point guard position, and the future? It is very bright for a number of players. Eric Bledsoe, a kid who really came into his own last season playing behind Chris Paul, and Chauncey Billups. Having the ability to learn from two experienced, high talent, star calibre players, makes you a better player yourself. His last two seasons in the league so far have been a joy to watch. Many believe in years time, he will be taking over the reigns as a starter be it in a Clipper uniform, or elsewhere looking for a kid to run their team. This guy is a joy to watch, and I can't wait to see him grow even more. His jump-shot has improved, he's extremely strong, and very athletic. He's developed a better sense of where his players are, and learned to see the floor better. The Kentucky product reminds me a lot of a 'better attitude' Steve Francis. He came into the league as a high risk, high reward player, and well, quite frankly, The Clippers have gotten one heck of a reward.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When are you entering the draft? #RRRepresent! haha

I see CP3 earning a Ring either this season or next with the Clip, leaning more towards next year though as I think Blake needs one more year to enter his prime. So I think CP3 will still be up there in 4 years.

Hard to argue against your list, but it's really hard to say. Such a dominant position with so many up-and-comer's these days.

All these kids just need to stay healthy and the Association is in great shape. I can really see Kyrie battling for supremacy within two years if the rest of his team progresses along with him. Tristan Thompson I'm looking at you!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    When are you entering the draft? #RRRepresent! haha

I see CP3 earning a Ring either this season or next with the Clip, leaning more towards next year though as I think Blake needs one more year to enter his prime. So I think CP3 will still be up there in 4 years.

Hard to argue against your list, but it's really hard to say. Such a dominant position with so many up-and-comer's these days.

All these kids just need to stay healthy and the Association is in great shape. I can really see Kyrie battling for supremacy within two years if the rest of his team progresses along with him. Tristan Thompson I'm looking at you!
    +1! Oh man, If I can get into Division 1, it'll be because of RR! Haha, I'll enter in the 2015 draft, I'll be the Raptors' second round pick!

I agree, Kyrie seems to be at top with Derrick Rose possibly not returning to form.

Post Thanks / Like

Moved to NBA section .. because lets face it, the Raptors have nothing to do with this conversation Reuben. :P Haha

ESPN did a 5-on-5 on exactly this.

"Who was the best Point Guard drafted in the last 5 Draft Classes"

They count down All 5, but for the Top, the ESPN "experts" had:

Quote ESPN 5-on-5 wrote:
    5. Who's the best PG of the past five draft classes?

Arnovitz: Irving. It's still early, but after 66 NBA games, Irving has already mastered the specifics of pick-and-roll basketball, the nuances of directing an offense and the ability to shred his man in isolation. He acknowledges that his defense needs more bite, but let's project ahead a season and a half or so,