Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68

Thread: Future Top Point Guards?

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can't believe we're not including Damian Lillard right now. This guy is going to be something really good.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I can't believe we're not including Damian Lillard right now. This guy is going to be something really good.
    But really good could still just be right outside the top 5

    I think it's fair to see what he improves on. I also think it's fairly likely we're all pretty wrong anyway, since this is just for fun.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just wanna see D Rose back

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Eh Rose Pre Injury was on a whole nother level, He's got top 50 player written all over him. I used to like Westbrook but he's a major douche. He's basically the DeMarcus Cousins of the PG position, lots of talent but terrible attitude. He yelled at his own teammate in game and had a temper tantrum like a 5 year old...

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post


    No one in the league has hang time like D Rose, No ONE!
    I personally think Rose and Westbrook are basically at the same level of athleticism. Both are basically unguardable in that sense.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I personally think Rose and Westbrook are basically at the same level of athleticism. Both are basically unguardable in that sense.
    Rose has the edge because of his first step and insane finishing ability around the rim. Westbrook is very out of control and if its not a dunk he can't finish too well. Rose has the quickest first step i've ever seen, he changes speed in literally Milliseconds.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    1. Kyrie Irving
    2. Derrick Rose
    3. Steph Curry
    4. Ricky Rubio
    5. John Wall
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    1. Derrick Rose
    2. Kyrie Irving
    3. Steph Curry
    4. Ricky Rubio
    5. John Wall
    Fixed it for you

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think Stephen Curry is horribly overrated

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    I think Stephen Curry is horribly overrated
    Overrated? how? How many Warriors game have you watched this year?

    Curry is one of the best young PG's in the game and in my opinion the greatest shooter in basketball right now.

    If i would re-do the 09 draft my top 3 would be:

    1. Harden
    2. Curry
    3. Griffin
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Overrated? how? How many Warriors game have you watched this year?

    Curry is one of the best young PG's in the game and in my opinion the greatest shooter in basketball right now.

    If i would re-do the 09 draft my top 3 would be:

    1. Harden
    2. Curry
    3. Griffin
    Seriously? Griffin 3rd? Dude, Griffin has a much higher ceiling than Curry and Harden does. I personally love Curry and Harden, but Griffin has so many tools to be a great, great player. Extremely athletic, ball-handling is really good for his size and position, strength, great finishing ability, and he improves every single season. He's got underrated skill, because his athleticism is always overlooked.

    One thing these three share though, is their defense. It's barely above average.

    I would definitely re-do top 3, but it would be:

    1. Blake Griffin
    2. James Harden
    3. Stephen Curry

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    I think Stephen Curry is horribly overrated
    I think Sig is horrible drunk

    Joking, but I disagree with you. He's really something special, great shooter, great shot creator. He's a top 10 point guard, but I think people are expecting TOO much out of him. People expect him to be a top 3 point guard in the future, but I don't see that.

    In my opinion:

    1. Kyrie Irving
    2. Derrick Rose
    3. Russel Westbrook

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Rose has the edge because of his first step and insane finishing ability around the rim. Westbrook is very out of control and if its not a dunk he can't finish too well. Rose has the quickest first step i've ever seen, he changes speed in literally Milliseconds.
    And Westbrook doesn't?

    If anything, I would put Westbrook with that first step edge, he has such a long stride, and he digs his leg so strong down. I think he is the quickest player in the league. Finishing I agree with, but that isn't much a measure of athleticism. All depends on focus, soft touch, feel for the ball, etc.

    Like I said, they're basically at the same level of athleticism, but if anyone has the edge, it's Westbrook, because he is a bigger and longer player. The first step can be argued, but Westbrook has some SERIOUS explosion. I've watched both because they're two of the most exciting players in the league, or they are called "league pass guys":

    Westbrook:

    - Quicker lateral and forward quicks
    - physically bigger and longer
    - greater stride
    - explosive
    - unguardable first step

    Rose:

    - Faster moving
    - Physically stronger
    - better hang-time
    - explosive
    - unguardable first step

    Like I said, different ways they are better than another, but they are quite similar in their level of athleticism. An 11 out of 10.

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Seriously? Griffin 3rd? Dude, Griffin has a much higher ceiling than Curry and Harden does. I personally love Curry and Harden, but Griffin has so many tools to be a great, great player. Extremely athletic, ball-handling is really good for his size and position, strength, great finishing ability, and he improves every single season. He's got underrated skill, because his athleticism is always overlooked.

    One thing these three share though, is their defense. It's barely above average.

    I would definitely re-do top 3, but it would be:

    1. Blake Griffin
    2. James Harden
    3. Stephen Curry
    Take Chris Paul off that team and i don't think the Clippers make the playoffs. I'm not saying Griffin is overrated but i think people overrates him a bit because of his athleticism and because of the highlight dunks.

    Harden on the other hand has singlehandedly put the Rockets back in the playoff map. Take Harden off the Rockets and insert Griffin, do you think the Rockets make the playoffs? i seriously doubt it.

    You can say the same thing about Curry. He's the biggest reason why the Warriors are a playoff team this year.

    1. Harden
    2. Curry
    3. Griffin
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Take Chris Paul off that team and i don't think the Clippers make the playoffs. I'm not saying Griffin is overrated but i think people overrates him a bit because of his athleticism and because of the highlight dunks.

    Harden on the other hand has singlehandedly put the Rockets back in the playoff map. Take Harden off the Rockets and insert Griffin, do you think the Rockets make the playoffs? i seriously doubt it.

    You can say the same thing about Curry. He's the biggest reason why the Warriors are a playoff team this year.

    1. Harden
    2. Curry
    3. Griffin
    Now, here's a difference. Griffin is a big, while Harden and Curry are guards. They dominate the ball, they make the decisions, for example: Last night against the Mavericks, he did not get the amount of needed touches, thus resulting in him being a non-factor, also resulting in a loss. The team is built around Chris Paul, and NOT Blake Griffin, where Curry and Harden's situation is otherwise.

    I think you forget it's still a team game. Harden and Curry are play-makers, and extremely good at getting the ball in the basket, no doubt about that, but Griffin is a such a great talent already since coming into the league.

    I personally think the Clippers DO make the playoffs without Paul, maybe not a top 4 team, but definitely higher than either Houston or Golden State.
    Bledsoe, Crawford, Barnes, Odom, Griffin, Jordan, Billups, Hill. The depth is immeasurable.
    See: Denver Nuggets

    You overlook one player on one team's success. It's a team game, and they play different positions, and impact a team/game differently. If Griffin was a guard (has great handle for his size, athletic, terrific finisher) he'd be miles ahead of either Harden or Curry.
    Not to mention Griffin's potential/ceiling is higher than both Curry and Harden.

    1. Griffin
    2. Harden
    3. Curry

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rose is already the best PG in the league. Youngest MVP in nba history! and he's only 23. Y'all are trippin if you think Kyrie is better that D Rose

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Rose is already the best PG in the league. Youngest MVP in nba history! and he's only 23. Y'all are trippin if you think Kyrie is better that D Rose
    I agree. Rose is so skilled WITH his athleticism.

  18. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
  19. #38
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    Can't wait till he's back

  20. #39
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    And Westbrook doesn't?

    If anything, I would put Westbrook with that first step edge, he has such a long stride, and he digs his leg so strong down. I think he is the quickest player in the league. Finishing I agree with, but that isn't much a measure of athleticism. All depends on focus, soft touch, feel for the ball, etc.

    Like I said, they're basically at the same level of athleticism, but if anyone has the edge, it's Westbrook, because he is a bigger and longer player. The first step can be argued, but Westbrook has some SERIOUS explosion. I've watched both because they're two of the most exciting players in the league, or they are called "league pass guys":

    Westbrook:

    - Quicker lateral and forward quicks
    - physically bigger and longer
    - greater stride
    - explosive
    - unguardable first step

    Rose:

    - Faster moving
    - Physically stronger
    - better hang-time
    - explosive
    - unguardable first step

    Like I said, different ways they are better than another, but they are quite similar in their level of athleticism. An 11 out of 10.
    I agree with most of what you said but i still think Rose is a much better athlete. Rose just seems to have more flexibility weaving his way through traffic and he makes some of the toughest shots i've ever seen. Westbrook is pretty freakishly athletic but he plays way out of control. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on roids, he rages a lot out there on the court

  21. #40
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    And Westbrook doesn't?

    If anything, I would put Westbrook with that first step edge, he has such a long stride, and he digs his leg so strong down. I think he is the quickest player in the league. Finishing I agree with, but that isn't much a measure of athleticism. All depends on focus, soft touch, feel for the ball, etc.

    Like I said, they're basically at the same level of athleticism, but if anyone has the edge, it's Westbrook, because he is a bigger and longer player. The first step can be argued, but Westbrook has some SERIOUS explosion. I've watched both because they're two of the most exciting players in the league, or they are called "league pass guys":

    Westbrook:

    - Quicker lateral and forward quicks
    - physically bigger and longer
    - greater stride
    - explosive
    - unguardable first step

    Rose:

    - Faster moving
    - Physically stronger
    - better hang-time
    - explosive
    - unguardable first step

    Like I said, different ways they are better than another, but they are quite similar in their level of athleticism. An 11 out of 10.
    He can not change speeds as fast as D Rose can. In the half court, watch D Rose. He will dribble casually going left from the top of the 3pt line and then all of a sudden BOOM! he hits his defender with a quick crossover and he's at the rim in seconds. If we were to relate this to cars, Rose would be a Bugatti Veyron SS(0 - 100 km/h in 2.5 seconds) and Westbrook would be a Porsche 911 Turbo S (0 - 100 km/h in 2.7 seconds).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •