Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Casey finally figuring things out?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Casey finally figuring things out?

So finally, Casey is starting to do what's best for the team and play those who are actually making a difference rather than just putting people out there. Based on this article http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/17...-time-cut-back about cutting JVs minutes back to play ED & AJ together because they have been playing well together. Wonder if he is going to also keep Jose as the starting point guard as he actually is a great shooter when he wants to be and he certainly knows how to pass the ball well. (ZERO) turnover last game was crazy.

Don't know if it's BC telling him to not play JV as much because of what happened with Sam and Barg and want to make sure he comes along properly. If BC stays around to see it happen that is. Or if it's Casey trying to FINALLY put his foot down and say, " I am playing the best players available" Either way, good for you Casey.

Post Thanks / Like

i get the sense that casey's finally doing what he wants, that Bargs' injury is his reason not to play him, thus giving him the opportunity to do what he wants to do, personnel wise.

i could be very well reading far too into it all though
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive said from the start, as long as Bargs is here Casey has to play him. Honestly, trade Bargs, make Casey's job easier.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey Ball lives with no Bargnani.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Casey Ball lives with no Bargnani.
    I'm with you on that one.

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When Bargs got injired, BC went into his room crying and hasn't come out since. Thus resulting in Casey getting to actually run the show. Don't tell BC we are winning, he'll man the helm again

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote fuchan wrote: View Post
    when bargs got injired, bc went into his room crying and hasn't come out since. Thus resulting in casey getting to actually run the show. Don't tell bc we are winning, he'll man the helm again
    lmao

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Casey is finally coaching like he did last year. Since Bargnani is injured: a) help defense and ball movement improved. b) Colangelo is not in Casey ear telling him to play Primo Pasta 30+ minutes.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if MLSE told BC to keep his nose out of coaching and Casey is actually allowed to coach the team the way he wants to.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RapRepRip wrote: View Post
    I wonder if MLSE told BC to keep his nose out of coaching and Casey is actually allowed to coach the team the way he wants to.
    That is good speculation.

DC and BC reportedly had separate discussion with MLSE board.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani's injury has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Casey is not forced(for whatever reason) to play him more than he deserves. Plus I see an improvement in defence.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    Bargnani's injury has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Casey is not forced(for whatever reason) to play him more than he deserves. Plus I see an improvement in defence.
    Agreed. I think AB's injury is main reason.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This is no coincidence that Bargs injury and Lowry's coincides with winning basketball.....look at how many assists and blocks the raptors have had over the past 3 games now. This is Dwayne Casey basketball, where we left off last year.

Sad to think that if Bargs was benched much earlier the Raps could've been a 30-40 win team. You need your power forwards to help get rebounds and protect the rim, Ed Davis is that guy right now.

Bargs injury is probably saving Colangelo's job.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i get the sense that casey's finally doing what he wants, that Bargs' injury is his reason not to play him, thus giving him the opportunity to do what he wants to do, personnel wise.

i could be very well reading far too into it all though
    THis is what i'm thinking as well.

Good post.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else see the look on Barg face while they were walking through the tunnel on Sunday after the win? Maybe my eyes were seeing things or it was just my imagination but he didn't look too pleased. Almost like he was secretly wishing for the team lose that game so he could feel better about not playing. Like I said, might be my eyes playing tricks on me.

Great game tonight thought against the Cavs. Go Raps!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

yap.....his the very first guy run away to the tunnel.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Come hell or high water...
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are hilarious. You all have very convenient memories and apparantly don't listen to what Casey himself has said about the team philoshophy. Let us not forget that we have played significantly better with Lowry injured as well. As did all his previous teams. Casey has said in recent days that HE switched his focus from defense to offense to try and generate points. He admitted it was a mistake and has refocussed his attention on the defensive end. Did BC have some part to play in this offensive philosophy change? Undoubtedly he does. Does AB have some issues, yep. Is it possible that the change in philosophy, ball hog PG etc. has affected AB in negative way? Possibly. Is he better suited to come off the bench, probably he is.

DC stated for all to hear a few days ago that from this point forward regardless of who it is, anyone who does not commit to the defensive effort will be sat. I hope he is true to his word and sticks to this statement.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    DC stated for all to hear a few days ago that from this point forward regardless of who it is, anyone who does not commit to the defensive effort will be sat. I hope he is true to his word and sticks to this statement.
    That was suppose to happen from day one, but he never stuck to that. So yes he did say he is focusing his attention to defense, however should not have taken him this long to do so. I am sure he had help in coming to that conclusion though!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    Let us not forget that we have played significantly better with Lowry injured as well. As did all his previous teams.
    How do you figure that?
    Last year Houston was 1 game over .500 with him out, and 1 game over .500 with him in.
    Year before that, they were -1 with him out, +5 with him in.
    Year before that, they were -4 with him out, +6 with him in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information