No announcement yet.

Is Casey finally figuring things out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yap.....his the very first guy run away to the tunnel.

Comment

Come hell or high water...
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

You guys are hilarious. You all have very convenient memories and apparantly don't listen to what Casey himself has said about the team philoshophy. Let us not forget that we have played significantly better with Lowry injured as well. As did all his previous teams. Casey has said in recent days that HE switched his focus from defense to offense to try and generate points. He admitted it was a mistake and has refocussed his attention on the defensive end. Did BC have some part to play in this offensive philosophy change? Undoubtedly he does. Does AB have some issues, yep. Is it possible that the change in philosophy, ball hog PG etc. has affected AB in negative way? Possibly. Is he better suited to come off the bench, probably he is.

DC stated for all to hear a few days ago that from this point forward regardless of who it is, anyone who does not commit to the defensive effort will be sat. I hope he is true to his word and sticks to this statement.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
          DC stated for all to hear a few days ago that from this point forward regardless of who it is, anyone who does not commit to the defensive effort will be sat. I hope he is true to his word and sticks to this statement.
          That was suppose to happen from day one, but he never stuck to that. So yes he did say he is focusing his attention to defense, however should not have taken him this long to do so. I am sure he had help in coming to that conclusion though!

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
            Let us not forget that we have played significantly better with Lowry injured as well. As did all his previous teams.
            How do you figure that?
            Last year Houston was 1 game over .500 with him out, and 1 game over .500 with him in.
            Year before that, they were -1 with him out, +5 with him in.
            Year before that, they were -4 with him out, +6 with him in.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
              That was suppose to happen from day one, but he never stuck to that. So yes he did say he is focusing his attention to defense, however should not have taken him this long to do so. I am sure he had help in coming to that conclusion though!
              Seriously.

Actions > words.

I hope he sticks to it this time because it seems he has regained the locker room. I am unsure if he could regain a second time.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                ...I hope he sticks to it this time because it seems he has regained the locker room. I am unsure if he could regain a second time.
                I think this is significant...though all through the terrible stretch, players kept saying how 'Coach" was keeping them centered and was there for them etc. etc. They were certainly plying like he had lost them, but maybe it was only one or two guys he had lost...

Comment

I really wish there was an audio to that meeting they had, Im pretty sure everyone is in tis together and buys into Casey especially now more than ever, Bargnani on the other hand I think has lost major support from the team, and needless to say we have to ship him asap.

Calderon awful defender still but he puts forth an effort of what Casey wants him to do, and really thats all you can ask for. Remember when Casey told Bargnani hands up and get me 2-3 rebounds a quarter and playing closer to the basket more? things were working then but I think Bargs is too far gone Kyle without a doubt will buy in and be solid once again.

I want to point out that Fields has to play just to get back in game shape and hopefully hit some shots to get his confidence back., not saying throw him to the sharks but get him back involved little by little.

Comment

I don't know if Casey has "figured anything out". He's still playing his vets, but right now Bargs and Lowry are both injured so he has to play Ed, Amir and JV whom are much better defenders. I think once Bargs gets back Casey will go right back to playing him. Not saying he wants to, but that seems to be the mandate. This winning streak is nice, but I don't know if it has much to do with a change in coaching style or if it has more to do with a soft schedule and our soft big being injured.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                      How do you figure that?
                      Last year Houston was 1 game over .500 with him out, and 1 game over .500 with him in.
                      Year before that, they were -1 with him out, +5 with him in.
                      Year before that, they were -4 with him out, +6 with him in.
                      Actions speak louder. He lost his starting spot on both teams to other PG's with "inferior skills"

Don't get me wrong, I think he is very talented and has a lot to offer. I hope he figures it out and is able to fit in to the team concept of the game. He has not shown that ability to date.

There always seems to be an argument about shoot first vs. pass first PG's. But if you look at Jose over the last 3 or 4 games, that to me is how the position is supposed to be played. He is looking for his offense and scoring, but not at the expense of his teammates, also racking up double digits assists.

Comment

I really think we put too much stock into defending the point of attack. Obviously Lowry is going to help slow them down, but the PG position is arguably the strongest in the NBA. You are not going to guard the Rose's, Westbrooks, and Parkers Mano et Mano. It comes down to the system and effort in my opinion. The system is good, the effort seems to be there.

SO knowing that , is it really worth disrupting the teams obvious chemistry and team play, for a marginal upgrade at point "defense"

As I see it Defensively : Effort: Calderon > Lowry
                        Ability: Lowry> Calderon
                        System Buy In: Calderon> Lowry

Lowry simply just gambles too much on defense for my liking, which in turn leaves too many open perimeter shots, but then again , Im neither a coach nor a GM. And im sure some of you are thankful for that.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          I don't know if Casey has "figured anything out". He's still playing his vets, but right now Bargs and Lowry are both injured so he has to play Ed, Amir and JV whom are much better defenders. I think once Bargs gets back Casey will go right back to playing him. Not saying he wants to, but that seems to be the mandate. This winning streak is nice, but I don't know if it has much to do with a change in coaching style or if it has more to do with a soft schedule and our soft big being injured.
                          Are you seriously trying to say that when Barg comes back, and he plays and we start losing again that Casey will continue to play him over what's been working for us? Look at Knicks. Amar'e Stoudemire said he is willing to come off the bench if it means the team continues to win. He is making way more money that Barg. If he can do it, why can't Barg. Should be winning first in my opinion.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                            Are you seriously trying to say that when Barg comes back, and he plays and we start losing again that Casey will continue to play him over what's been working for us? Look at Knicks. Amar'e Stoudemire said he is willing to come off the bench if it means the team continues to win. He is making way more money that Barg. If he can do it, why can't Barg. Should be winning first in my opinion.
                            I think Mediumcore is right. Based on Casey's track record, he will play Bargnani after he comes back from injury, even if it means costing team chemistry. And sorry you have the wrong analogy here. Knicks were doing exceptionally good when Melo was injured last year and Lin was leading the Knicks. He came back from injury and Woodson had no choice but to play him. And why wont he, Melo is the franchise player. Fans pay for tickets to see him play. ANd Woodson continued to play him even though it cost the Knicks some games. Same here. Like it or not, Bargnani is this team's franchise player. And that's what management believes as well. So yes, i think after injury, Casey will play Bargnani, win or lose, whether we like it or not.

Comment

I do think he is figuring things out and at the same time, Bargnani's injury is contributing to a free-flowing offense. When Bargnani is on the court, offense becomes stagnant. Its as if Calderon has blinders and only looks for Bargnani in every possession, much like when he was playing with Bosh. I do think Bargnani will ruin the current flow of offense and i hope he doesnt come back. Lowry on the other hand, would probably find a way to fit in.

I wish Casey would give Ross more minutes tho. I think Ross' already scratched the surface when it comes to his potential, but there's waaaay more the we havent seen.

With this free-flowing offense, wouldnt it be amazing to have Josh Smith as a 4 and Rudy Gay as a 3???? hehehehehe

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                                Knicks were doing exceptionally good when Melo was injured last year and Lin was leading the Knicks. He came back from injury and Woodson had no choice but to play him. And why wont he, Melo is the franchise player. Fans pay for tickets to see him play. ANd Woodson continued to play him even though it cost the Knicks some games. Same here. Like it or not, Bargnani is this team's franchise player. And that's what management believes as well. So yes, i think after injury, Casey will play Bargnani, win or lose, whether we like it or not.
                                I am finding it hard to believe that the Woodson will keep playing Amar'e if they suddenly start losing game back to back. He is expected to get his touches each games like Melo. The difference with this years team and last years team is that last year, it was a very short spurt of wins. this year they are doing better than the Heat and Nets and fans are happy about that. I don't think they cares who is playing. They are there to see their team win.

And like a true professional, or because of the backlash Melo took last year after they started losing when he came back in the line up, Amar'e said he is open to come off the bench if that means the team winning ways continues. http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...e-bench-needed

Comment

Working...
                                X