Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 'The Everywhere Man"

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 'The Everywhere Man"

How good was Anderson since coming back from the IR? wow.

He does all the little things that wins you ballgames. He's like the glue guy on this team. He hits open shots, he's got a nose for the ball, good passer, he's solid defensively, he usually guards other teams best perimeter player. And i think being one of the older/experienced guys on this team i think he's one of their TRUE leader along with Jose.

"The Everywhere Man" nickname fits this guy perfectly.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

He does all the little things that wins you ballgames. He's like the glue guy on this team. He hits open shots, he's got a nose for the ball, good passer, he's solid defensively, he usually guards other teams best perimeter player. And i think being one of the older/experienced guys on this team i think he's one of their TRUE leader along with Jose.

2 good games in a row. hopefully he can keep it up or on games when he doesn't klieza steps up. as long as one of the two or pietrus is hitting his 3s it opens a lot. past two games it has been him. not sure if he is a true leader but he does know how to work for it after coming from the d league.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pietrus should be limited to like 10 -15 mins and Fields and Anderson should be playing the majority of the time at the 3. Maybe switch it up and play derozan at the 3 for short spurts and Double A at the 2. Our wing rotation should consist of DeRozan, Anderson, Ross, and Fields(since he's back). Playing Kleiza at the 4 has been effective

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

definitely a sweet nickname

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

"Everywhere man please listen, you don't know what you're missin', Everywhere man, the wooooorrrlldd is at your command." Pau Gasol McCartney

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Following the footsteps of Anthony Parker prehaps?!

Last edited by Hotshot; Wed Dec 19th, 2012 at 01:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

at least his knickname is better than 18 Parkerville court. I have scars on my face like seal from facepalming so much from that.

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anderson was definitely the difference last night....hands down player of the game. I think the Raptors record would be better than it is had Anderson not been hurt. True leadership from this guy. The Cavs were ready to put the game away early and Anderson took it upon himself to keep the Raps alive. Really starting to like this guy.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like double A (and kudos to BC for another great find off the scrap heap of NBA cast aways) but our 3 spot is still a platoon effort. Some nights it's AA, others LK is pure fuego, both are cold you can go to the le français and we've got a mystery man in the newly repaired 24 million dollar man.

How much stress do you think the 3 spot is causing Casey? lol.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    I like double A (and kudos to BC for another great find off the scrap heap of NBA cast aways) but our 3 spot is still a platoon effort. Some nights it's AA, others LK is pure fuego, both are cold you can go to the le français and we've got a mystery man in the newly repaired 24 million dollar man.

How much stress do you think the 3 spot is causing Casey? lol.
    You know what, it may be a little stressful to mess with the rotations constantly because some guys may not be on, but, I think this is a good type of problem.

Alan Anderson, Landry Fields, Linas Kleiza, Mikael Pietrus. 4 names of very capable players on any team in this league, personally, Pietrus and Fields are better suited as starters because they are more so gel players/vets. Neither of Pietrus or Fields do anything over their role, plus they know their job is to be a veteran, and floor spacer (Pietrus), the other is to defend, floor spacer, do the 'intangibles'. (Fields).

Let's face it, Kleiza and Anderson are talented, and can really go off for some serious games, BUT, they are sort of chuckers. I wouldn't want that in the starting lineup early on when you have guys like Derozan, Lowry in the lineup. Anderson does a lot of things on the floor no doubt about it, but I feel his energy and "everywhereness" should come as a spark. Same with Linas, for he has been solid defensively this season, but too streaky of a player.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

AA has been awesome for us. Wish BC had not wasted 6M on Fields.
    AA has been awesome for us. Wish BC had not wasted 6M on Fields.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In a few weeks everyone will be saying AA needs to go. We have such a terrible SF platoon, I just hope that Casey doesn't get attached to one guy and just goes with the hot hand.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

too many shots. I realize he is shooting near 50%, but he takes some bad ones night in and night out.

That be my only compaint.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    In a few weeks everyone will be saying AA needs to go. We have such a terrible SF platoon, I just hope that Casey doesn't get attached to one guy and just goes with the hot hand.
    Unfortunately I agree. He has played phenomenal the last 2 games but I dont' think it is sustainable.

AA is a great guy to have on a young team. He can tell guys, "This is what is going to happen if you don't stick in the league. If you are lucky, you might get another chance down the road - if you are lucky." But calling him an average NBA player is likely the most realistic compliment he could be given. I'm all for quality people and veterans on the team but he is not an answer long term.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately I agree. He has played phenomenal the last 2 games but I dont' think it is sustainable.

AA is a great guy to have on a young team. He can tell guys, "This is what is going to happen if you don't stick in the league. If you are lucky, you might get another chance down the road - if you are lucky." But calling him an average NBA player is likely the most realistic compliment he could be given. I'm all for quality people and veterans on the team but he is not an answer long term.
    I think what AA brings is completely sustainable. He is not going to score 15 or 20 on many nights, but he is a fierce defender and always busts his ass. If he is being relied on to demonstrate that hard defense and effort are the most valuable commodities then, I think he will continue to do that regardless of his scoring.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    I think what AA brings is completely sustainable. He is not going to score 15 or 20 on many nights, but he is a fierce defender and always busts his ass. If he is being relied on to demonstrate that hard defense and effort are the most valuable commodities then, I think he will continue to do that regardless of his scoring.
    His intangibles are definitely sustainable - experience, leadership, effort.

His production, to which I was speaking, is not. Last 2 games: 21 points, 4 rebs, 2 ast on .500 fg and over 50% 3pt.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    +1

Raptors Republic Rookie Phat Farmer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Anderson's effort since he's come back, but this is the same guy that had me pulling my hair out at times earlier in the season for chucking shots. He is a decent defender and one of the few vets we have, but I want to see him do that on a regular basis before we start saying he should be playing more. I would've loved to have seen Fields last night as I still think he will return to form eventually.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

We are the only team in the league that can give enough PT to guys like AA to make them look good...and then give limited minutes to a guy like ED. Rather than give minutes to Pertrus, who has played in the league and contributed his whole career to different teams, we give extended minutes to a guy who was not even in the league 2 years ago

This is EXACTLY what happened with Jamario Moon...and where's he playing now?

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt Anderson will pour in 20 a night, but he's proven to be a very solid player when given the opportunity. I don't think people will be saying he needs to go unless people are expecting him to be a reincarnation of MJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information