'The Everywhere Man"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minks77 wrote: View Post
    I like double A (and kudos to BC for another great find off the scrap heap of NBA cast aways) but our 3 spot is still a platoon effort. Some nights it's AA, others LK is pure fuego, both are cold you can go to the le français and we've got a mystery man in the newly repaired 24 million dollar man.

How much stress do you think the 3 spot is causing Casey? lol.
    You know what, it may be a little stressful to mess with the rotations constantly because some guys may not be on, but, I think this is a good type of problem.

Alan Anderson, Landry Fields, Linas Kleiza, Mikael Pietrus. 4 names of very capable players on any team in this league, personally, Pietrus and Fields are better suited as starters because they are more so gel players/vets. Neither of Pietrus or Fields do anything over their role, plus they know their job is to be a veteran, and floor spacer (Pietrus), the other is to defend, floor spacer, do the 'intangibles'. (Fields).

Let's face it, Kleiza and Anderson are talented, and can really go off for some serious games, BUT, they are sort of chuckers. I wouldn't want that in the starting lineup early on when you have guys like Derozan, Lowry in the lineup. Anderson does a lot of things on the floor no doubt about it, but I feel his energy and "everywhereness" should come as a spark. Same with Linas, for he has been solid defensively this season, but too streaky of a player.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      In a few weeks everyone will be saying AA needs to go. We have such a terrible SF platoon, I just hope that Casey doesn't get attached to one guy and just goes with the hot hand.
      Unfortunately I agree. He has played phenomenal the last 2 games but I dont' think it is sustainable.

AA is a great guy to have on a young team. He can tell guys, "This is what is going to happen if you don't stick in the league. If you are lucky, you might get another chance down the road - if you are lucky." But calling him an average NBA player is likely the most realistic compliment he could be given. I'm all for quality people and veterans on the team but he is not an answer long term.

Comment

I highly doubt Anderson will pour in 20 a night, but he's proven to be a very solid player when given the opportunity. I don't think people will be saying he needs to go unless people are expecting him to be a reincarnation of MJ

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
          I highly doubt Anderson will pour in 20 a night, but he's proven to be a very solid player when given the opportunity. I don't think people will be saying he needs to go unless people are expecting him to be a reincarnation of MJ
          +1. I don't actually care too much about what he scores offensively, more so what he does defensively, and what he tries to do to help offensively.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Unfortunately I agree. He has played phenomenal the last 2 games but I dont' think it is sustainable.

AA is a great guy to have on a young team. He can tell guys, "This is what is going to happen if you don't stick in the league. If you are lucky, you might get another chance down the road - if you are lucky." But calling him an average NBA player is likely the most realistic compliment he could be given. I'm all for quality people and veterans on the team but he is not an answer long term.
            I think what AA brings is completely sustainable. He is not going to score 15 or 20 on many nights, but he is a fierce defender and always busts his ass. If he is being relied on to demonstrate that hard defense and effort are the most valuable commodities then, I think he will continue to do that regardless of his scoring.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
              I think what AA brings is completely sustainable. He is not going to score 15 or 20 on many nights, but he is a fierce defender and always busts his ass. If he is being relied on to demonstrate that hard defense and effort are the most valuable commodities then, I think he will continue to do that regardless of his scoring.
              His intangibles are definitely sustainable - experience, leadership, effort.

His production, to which I was speaking, is not. Last 2 games: 21 points, 4 rebs, 2 ast on .500 fg and over 50% 3pt.

Comment

Working...
              X