Trade Jose at the height of his value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Jose at the height of his value

Even with our nice 4 game streak, the raps aren't going to do anything this season. If we trade Calderon now, we could get some valuable assets, and maybe still sign him at the end of the season.
    Some reasonable deals I like:

Package Jose and Bargnani for Kings first rounder (2013 or 2014), Aaron Brooks and Thompson.
    Calderon to Memphis for Wrotten, and Speights
    Calderon to Dallas for 2013 first rounder(might be lotto) and jae crowder

I especially like the last deal - especially cause it could definitely happen.
    Your potential deals?

while I won't get into specific trade proposals I am torn about whether to keep him or sell high
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

was thinking the same thing. sell high like we should have with bargs. its the only way this team will ever get better we always sell low

Comment

raptors98 wrote: View Post
        Even with our nice 4 game streak, the raps aren't going to do anything this season. If we trade Calderon now, we could get some valuable assets, and maybe still sign him at the end of the season.
        Some reasonable deals I like:

Package Jose and Bargnani for Kings first rounder (2013 or 2014), Aaron Brooks and Thompson.
        Calderon to Memphis for Wrotten, and Speights
        Calderon to Dallas for 2013 first rounder(might be lotto) and jae crowder

I especially like the last deal - especially cause it could definitely happen.
        Your potential deals?
        None of those trades actually work in Real Life though ... None of the teams involved have the required Cap Space to take on the added Salary. All reasonable deals on Paper, but not realistic when you take into consideration the CBA and Salaries.

Use the trade machine to test out all your trades:
        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Comment

Honestly I wouldnt mind if Jose retired a Raptor Lifer..if the deal to extend him makes sense & Jose accepts his role what ever it may be at any given moment... He's earned at least that much

Bargs on the other hand, I hope he never wears the jersey again!

Comment

Move him. Tell him we'd love to have him back next year and will be in the bidding for his services.

Comment

I wouldnt

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                Honestly I wouldnt mind if Jose retired a Raptor Lifer..if the deal to extend him makes sense & Jose accepts his role what ever it may be at any given moment... He's earned at least that much

Bargs on the other hand, I hope he never wears the jersey again!
                +1
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

like lawrence frank said," i don't know why they keep bringing in gaurds to replace calderon." why trade a assest? the only way i give up on calderon is if we get eric beldsoe
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                    like lawrence frank said," i don't know why they keep bringing in gaurds to replace calderon." why trade a assest? the only way i give up on calderon is if we get eric beldsoe
                    Or Derrick Williams.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

The trade HAS to be right. We need him, he's a key part of our wins this season, but we could get someone whatever position to really be a key piece as well.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Since Raps. don't have a 1st round pick next year, they should definitely try to acquire one. I don't think trading Jose will help them acquire one though. Trading Lowry will. That's what I think they should do. Get creative and package a big contract along with him for a 2013 1st rounder and a useful piece/s. The PG situation can be addressed in the off-season.
                        Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Thu Dec 20, 2012, 03:24 AM.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          None of those trades actually work in Real Life though ... None of the teams involved have the required Cap Space to take on the added Salary. All reasonable deals on Paper, but not realistic when you take into consideration the CBA and Salaries.

Use the trade machine to test out all your trades:
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
                          Sacramento and Dallas cannot trade first round picks either.

Use this site to check draft pick status remembering a team cannot go 2 consecutive years without a draft pick:
                          http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                            Totally agree with everything in this post! Why should we need to trade him? We're not gonna get better player for him. At current form he's easily one of the best PG's in the league and you want to trade a guy for Speighs or second rounder Crowder. Jose is 7.5 years younger than Nash, and Nash still has 3 years 9M/yr. Maybe he's not as good as Nash was couple years ago, but you urged BC to sign 38 year guy for about 3-year 30M contract, and now you want to get rid of quite similar player. Cmon.. Even if Jose won't resign with us after season, we could still get better player from FA than Speighs...
                            Last edited by japetas; Thu Dec 20, 2012, 08:13 AM.
                            (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
                              Totally agree with everything in this post! Why should we need to trade him? We're not gonna get better player for him. At current form he's easily one of the best PG's in the league and you want to trade a guy for Speighs or second rounder Crowder. Jose is 7.5 years younger than Nash, and Nash still has 3 years 9M/yr. Maybe he's not as good as Nash was couple years ago, but you urged BC to sign 38 year guy for about 3-year 30M contract, and now you want to get rid of quite similar player. Cmon.. Even if Jose won't resign with us after season, we could still get better player from FA than Speighs...
                              Totally agree...Jose is a legit starter and a superb team player. He is a great leader and it will be a great loss for the Raptors when he leaves. It would be great to see him stay and finish career with Raps but it will not happen. He has proven himself time after time only to watch management look for other solutions at PG. Only when he leaves will we truly realize what we lost.

Jose vs. Ford = Jose
                              Jose vs Jack = Jose
                              Jose vs Bayless = Jose
                              Jose vs Lowry = Jose

If he could not prove himself to management after this what else could he do. The damage is done. We are losing Jose and will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X