Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Jose at the height of his value

Raptors Republic Rookie Blasterfi9's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

umm i can think of one with goran dragic resigining with the suns. Im sure theres probably more, not sure if we should rly even consider something like that rly.

as far as im concerned, if jose wants to stay for something reasonable, he can stay. Sure if some awesome trade comes along than i get it, and i also get it if a team wants to pay him ( and heres were trading him makes sense, the way he's playing he can probably get a pretty damn good contract..) that he leaves. If we retire a player anytime in the near future better be him.

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see how this team with Jose as starting PG and Bargnani OUT looks against really good team in San Antonio, if they can win it, then I start to think that we don't need any changes except shipping Bargs to pick or something like that...
    (Sorry for poor English )

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors98 wrote: View Post
    Even with our nice 4 game streak, the raps aren't going to do anything this season. If we trade Calderon now, we could get some valuable assets, and maybe still sign him at the end of the season.
    Some reasonable deals I like:

Package Jose and Bargnani for Kings first rounder (2013 or 2014), Aaron Brooks and Thompson.
    Calderon to Memphis for Wrotten, and Speights
    Calderon to Dallas for 2013 first rounder(might be lotto) and jae crowder

I especially like the last deal - especially cause it could definitely happen.
    Your potential deals?
    I thought you said reasonable.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade him if a good deal comes up, if not, let him walk and embrace the cap space.

No offense to Jose, but the guy is turning 32, with a string of hamstring injuries fairly close behind him. I just dont see him lasting a season being the starter, playing 35-40mins a game, trying to keep up with Demar, Ross, JV and Ed's young legs. I'd rather get a young backup guard who can run around and chase opposing guards.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point planetmars. He's been the consummate professional, but why would he show us loyalty as if we shown him a lot of loyalty in the past 6 years?

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. Lowry, obviously, is a good point guard. If he isn't so 'bull-headed', he could become a great one. But whether he is the right guy for this team right now is hard for me to say. If we were looking at this down the road, as in if we traded for Lowry after Ross and JV had 2 years of experience, there would be no question at all for me that he's the right guy.

Thing is, Jose Calderon stands the best chance of helping this young team develop right now. That should be clear to everyone over the past 2 weeks. I think Lowry is the type of point guard this team will need down the road. It's clear that Colangelo felt the same way -- he thought we had what it took to be a playoff team with Lowry. What he offered for Lowry makes