Lowry. Bargnani and the new Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry. Bargnani and the new Raptors

So I have seen a bunch of articles all stating that we are doing so great without the two of them in the lineup.

However I think it has more to do with ONE of them being out of the lineup. Bargnani, was a ball stopping long two taking chucker thus far this season.

Lowry has a tendancy to play hero ball and gamble on passing lanes.

I believe Lowry will be able to adjust his game far easier than Bargnani will.

I still think Lowry has a place as the starting PG on this team.

What do you guys think?

Is it one causing the grief or both? Do you think one will adjust easier coming back than the other?
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Hands down Lowry is still the starting PG, he does a lot of things we do need for the team. With ow things are going and Lowry's mentality winning above all he will buy in no doubt Bargnani however wont he is what he has always been since he was drafted, he either cant change or refuses to.

Comment

If BC does not trade Bargs I will be very disappointed.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
        If BC does not trade Bargs I will be very disappointed.
        hopefully Larry Tananbum thinks the same.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          So I have seen a bunch of articles all stating that we are doing so great without the two of them in the lineup.

I believe Lowry will be able to adjust his game far easier than Bargnani will.
          Based on what happened when he played in Houston, 'adjusting his game' is not Lowry's strong suit.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Based on what happened when he played in Houston, 'adjusting his game' is not Lowry's strong suit.
            If he continues to play hero ball, if he continues to chuck up unnecessary shots, you gotta move him.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              If he continues to play hero ball, if he continues to chuck up unnecessary shots, you gotta move him.
              People need to relax. The only difference between the shots that Kyle Lowry took before his first injury and after are that they went in. It's like Alan Anderson if the shots his been taking lately weren't going in everybody would be calling him a chucker. People in this forum are so not used to having a player that's not afraid of the big moment. Like it or not Lowry is are best player production wise, talent wise and toughness wise. This what good players do they take shots that average player are scared of taking. Don't tell me Calderon does that all the time too. It's easy to take a shot when the ball is passed out to with the clock going down and you don't even have to think about it. What do you guys think "closers"? Players that are willing to take shot knowing if they miss it's on them. It's takes guts to live with that and too keep taking those shots.

I don't want to take anything away from Calderon cause, his playing extremely well. Lets not start a debate here. There is no way Calderon will survive through this PG. The PG slayer has finally met his match.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                The only difference between the shots that Kyle Lowry took before his first injury and after are that they went in.
                Before his injury, the shots were going in, but I could even see then that he was looking off his teammates.

As for Lowry not being afraid of the big moment...read this: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...illard-lessons. A great breakdown of the whole idea of NBA 'closers'.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

People need to relax. The only difference between the shots that Kyle Lowry took before his first injury and after are that they went in. It's like Alan Anderson if the shots his been taking lately weren't going in everybody would be calling him a chucker. People in this forum are so not used to having a player that's not afraid of the big moment. Like it or not Lowry is are best player production wise, talent wise and toughness wise. This what good players do they take shots that average player are scared of taking. Don't tell me Calderon does that all the time too. It's easy to take a shot when the ball is passed out to with the clock going down and you don't even have to think about it. What do you guys think "closers"? Players that are willing to take shot knowing if they miss it's on them. It's takes guts to live with that and too keep taking those shots.

I don't want to take anything away from Calderon cause, his playing extremely well. Lets not start a debate here. There is no way Calderon will survive through this PG. The PG slayer has finally met his match.

Yeah, go ask TJ Ford, Jarrett Jack and Jerryd Bayless.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

lowry is the exact same player he was last year. the same player he was the year before that and the same player he will be next year. anyone that wasn't expecting him to play his game while with the raptors didn't know who lowry was besides a name or what the papers said he was. lowry is a boss. same time people are saying we don't need hero ballers they want to trade for gay because he plays hero ball at the end of games.

Comment

Great post.

The only thing I would mention is, upon return, Lowry does need to be more selective in applying his extremely large testicular fortitude.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Great post.

The only thing I would mention is, upon return, Lowry does need to be more selective in applying his extremely large testicular fortitude.
                        hahaha, and one!

Folks also need to remember that this win streak, sweet as it is, is coming against Cleveland, Pistons, a pretty dysfunctional Mavs team and a Houston team that seemed to be looking ahead to the NYK game the next night (if you watched the NYK/HOU game you saw a totally different effort than the one they put up vs TO). Magic up next. Jose and Jameer have had a lil somethin' goin on for years and JJ is ballin. Magic are playing quite well and as a team so it's not a gimme but is still a "getable" game. @Spurs on boxing day will be tough.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

When he comes back, Lowry is and will be the best player in this team. Period.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                            hahaha, and one!

Folks also need to remember that this win streak, sweet as it is, is coming against Cleveland, Pistons, a pretty dysfunctional Mavs team and a Houston team that seemed to be looking ahead to the NYK game the next night (if you watched the NYK/HOU game you saw a totally different effort than the one they put up vs TO). Magic up next. Jose and Jameer have had a lil somethin' goin on for years and JJ is ballin. Magic are playing quite well and as a team so it's not a gimme but is still a "getable" game. @Spurs on boxing day will be tough.
                            Give credit where credit is due. They're winning because they're playing differently. And even though the refs are doing there damnedest to try to give away the games the Raptors fortitude is finally showing through. This is still the NBA and these are still professional basketball teams so beating them and stringing wins together is notable, particularly considering our inability prior to these games.

And aren't we being a tad assumptive about Houston looking ahead to NY. Seriously...you don't or can't know that.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              When he comes back, Lowry is and will be the best player in this team. Period.
                              Talent wise absolutely, but that is just the basis for everything. He needs to suit and serve the team or else his talent becomes secondary to the damage he does.

Comment

Working...
                              X