Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lowry. Bargnani and the new Raptors

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose always discovers his point guard skills when there is another pointguard competting for his job. Then, when we ship one of the point guards out, he goes back to the old Jose.

I don't think its a concious choice. I think he is a nice guy and wants to do what is best for the team, but I do think that his blood temperature increases when there is competition and as a result he becomes a better player.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One of them has to be moved. You can't platoon two point guards unless one of them is really young or one is really old.

Post Thanks / Like

I also think this injury can be an eye opening experience for Lowry, he doesn't have to come back and be all him, for all we know he is taking note of the things that work for Jose and the team. I am going to take the optimistic path and hope that Lowry isn't a total idiot, and that he too is a student of the game and wants this to continue.

Raptors Republic Rookie ScottBaird's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If this has been posted already somewhere my apologies

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=412025

CHISHOLM: POINT GUARD CONTROVERSY IN RAPTORS LAND?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry will get the start whenever he comes back. We've been through this with Calderon before.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine that the organization will want to repeat the whole Lowry/Dragic/McHale situation from Houston last year. Obviously being permanently removed as starter while injured was a sore spot for Lowry, and if the Raptors do the same, then he might simply check-out mentally, as he did in Houston, and not only would he be a less-valuable asset to the team, he'd be a less valuable trade piece, if it comes to that. I think the organization will give him a vote of confidence when he returns, and announce that he'll return to the starter position when he's ready for the minutes and responsibility. Hopefully this doesn't result in frequent use of the dreaded two PG lineup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    I can't imagine that the organization will want to repeat the whole Lowry/Dragic/McHale situation from Houston last year. Obviously being permanently removed as starter while injured was a sore spot for Lowry, and if the Raptors do the same, then he might simply check-out mentally, as he did in Houston, and not only would he be a less-valuable asset to the team, he'd be a less valuable trade piece, if it comes to that. I think the organization will give him a vote of confidence when he returns, and announce that he'll return to the starter position when he's ready for the minutes and responsibility. Hopefully this doesn't result in frequent use of the dreaded two PG lineup.
    oh my god, are you saying his feelings will be hurt!! maybe Colangelo can get out the silk gloves he carressed andrea with and give lowry some comfort, maybe we can "gugu gaga" him into a starting point guard

Thread Information