Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: MATRIX Via Mr. Anderson

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default MATRIX Via Mr. Anderson

    Alan Anderson leads Raptors against Pistons for fourth win in a row

    Toronto Sun - It's not a coincidence that Alan Anderson's return to health has coincided with the longest winning streak the Raptors have enjoyed in two years.


    Landry sitting eating money...while MR. ANDERSON's low wage...rocking.

    Finally Raps catching some breaks in finding someone like ANDERSON
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.


    Muhammad Ali

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No question he is taking a leadership role, and we are not even paying him the duckets for it.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Dec 20th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome Home Alan you belong in T.dot your journey has come to an end. you are a Raptor

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Colangelo has proven to be pretty good at finding guys like this. Anderson, Jomario Moon, Getting Johnson and Weems for Delfino and Ukic, all moves for guys that were either on their way out or weren't in the league and who became solid contributers while with us.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    947
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He reminds me a bit of Anthony Parker. Similar international journeyman resume, same ability to knock down big shots, play a versatile game, fits well within a team game. I don't think he's as good a defender as Parker, but it's hard to tell, because back then it seemed like Parker was our only guy interested in playing defence.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter c_bcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like the Anthony Parker comparison. That's spot on. If he can maintain this level of contribution up to the All Star break, I would think about extending him. Maybe 2 years 6 million, with a third year team option?

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Mr. Anderson

    Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    He reminds me a bit of Anthony Parker. Similar international journeyman resume, same ability to knock down big shots, play a versatile game, fits well within a team game. I don't think he's as good a defender as Parker, but it's hard to tell, because back then it seemed like Parker was our only guy interested in playing defence.


    I think he looks like Method Man....anyone know who I'm talking about?
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.


    Muhammad Ali

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Colangelo has proven to be pretty good at finding guys like this. Anderson, Jomario Moon, Getting Johnson and Weems for Delfino and Ukic, all moves for guys that were either on their way out or weren't in the league and who became solid contributers while with us.
    Exactly! And please also tell us where exactly these guys are now?

    If indeed AA is the next Moon, Ukic, Delfino, Weems for the Raptors, then i feel sorry for him.

    I do wish later on in his career he becomes a Jamal Crawford type player but right now, although winning here and there is nice, the Raptors needs franchise players, superstars, all-stars. Id rather be playing Ross over AA.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
    I think he looks like Method Man....anyone know who I'm talking about?
    oh man.... last night i spent half the game thinking of who he looked like, but the name just wasn't coming to me...

    bang on, sir.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Exactly! And please also tell us where exactly these guys are now?

    If indeed AA is the next Moon, Ukic, Delfino, Weems for the Raptors, then i feel sorry for him.

    I do wish later on in his career he becomes a Jamal Crawford type player but right now, although winning here and there is nice, the Raptors needs franchise players, superstars, all-stars. Id rather be playing Ross over AA.
    Lol AA is 30. He's not going to get much better than he is now. So drop the Jamal Crawford comparison, they are nothing alike.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Exactly! And please also tell us where exactly these guys are now?

    If indeed AA is the next Moon, Ukic, Delfino, Weems for the Raptors, then i feel sorry for him.

    I do wish later on in his career he becomes a Jamal Crawford type player but right now, although winning here and there is nice, the Raptors needs franchise players, superstars, all-stars. Id rather be playing Ross over AA.
    Absolutely right. Im counting my lucky stars that AA has played well - and he is very much part of the reason we have won the last few. But, this will end badly. He thinks he is WAY better than he is right now, cause hes on a hot streak. T Ross should 100% be getting more mins than AA..

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Exactly! And please also tell us where exactly these guys are now?

    If indeed AA is the next Moon, Ukic, Delfino, Weems for the Raptors, then i feel sorry for him.

    I do wish later on in his career he becomes a Jamal Crawford type player but right now, although winning here and there is nice, the Raptors needs franchise players, superstars, all-stars. Id rather be playing Ross over AA.
    I'd rather give Ross the minutes too, but is AA less a part of the future than Klieza or even Fields? We have 3 small forwards and none of them are looking like they are the answer long term, so I think it is great that until we find our guy, we give a shot to a guy like Anderson who is actually playing very well for us. Maybe it won't work out, but if we get even a decent back up out of a guy who was playing in Europe last year, well that's awesome. It's not like we have a pick this year so unless there is a trade coming up, the only source of new talent is guys like Anderson who have maybe been overlooked. BC has found a couple decent guys that way, with Amir Johnson and Anthony Parker being the most succesful and people like James Johnson also having some success.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I'd rather give Ross the minutes too, but is AA less a part of the future than Klieza or even Fields? We have 3 small forwards and none of them are looking like they are the answer long term, so I think it is great that until we find our guy, we give a shot to a guy like Anderson who is actually playing very well for us. Maybe it won't work out, but if we get even a decent back up out of a guy who was playing in Europe last year, well that's awesome. It's not like we have a pick this year so unless there is a trade coming up, the only source of new talent is guys like Anderson who have maybe been overlooked. BC has found a couple decent guys that way, with Amir Johnson and Anthony Parker being the most succesful and people like James Johnson also having some success.
    You can't possibly be writing off fields after not playing a single game at 100%

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,675
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    ...He thinks he is WAY better than he is right now, cause hes on a hot streak. T Ross should 100% be getting more mins than AA..
    Don't know where you are getting this. He looks like a dead ringer for Mr. Humility to me. Realizes how tenuous membership on an NBA team is and completely dedicated to staying here, which means "listen to coach."

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    You can't possibly be writing off fields after not playing a single game at 100%
    Not writing him off, maybe he'll return to his rookie form. Or maybe he's done. Or maybe Alan Anderson is going to maintain the play we've seen thus far.
    I'm not writing anyone off yet, but I see no reason to assume Fields is a better player than Anderson or that we should be planning our future with him as part of the squad. If he works out and plays very well for us, great, but in the meantime let's evaluate some other options.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Colangelo has proven to be pretty good at finding guys like this. Anderson, Jomario Moon, Getting Johnson and Weems for Delfino and Ukic, all moves for guys that were either on their way out or weren't in the league and who became solid contributers while with us.
    I'm sorry but is this a compliment directed towards Colangelo? Your kind is not welcomed here.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anderson is a good player. He has a nice all-around game that I'm guessing was learned over in Europe.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Not writing him off, maybe he'll return to his rookie form. Or maybe he's done. Or maybe Alan Anderson is going to maintain the play we've seen thus far.
    I'm not writing anyone off yet, but I see no reason to assume Fields is a better player than Anderson or that we should be planning our future with him as part of the squad. If he works out and plays very well for us, great, but in the meantime let's evaluate some other options.
    I think he's going to be a pretty good player for us. He's still only 24 so you can't say he's done, he's still got a long way to go. I have confidence in Fields and i think he'll come back and begin making a significant impact

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,895
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    I'm sorry but is this a compliment directed towards Colangelo? Your kind is not welcomed here.
    credit where credit is due. not a big fan of most of the other guys on the list although I thought ukic was a nice prospect and also thought bobcock drafted him.

    bc does have a nose for talent. however we do a lot of fishing in the d league pond.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
    Alan Anderson leads Raptors against Pistons for fourth win in a row

    Toronto Sun - It's not a coincidence that Alan Anderson's return to health has coincided with the longest winning streak the Raptors have enjoyed in two years.


    Landry sitting eating money...while MR. ANDERSON's low wage...rocking.

    Finally Raps catching some breaks in finding someone like ANDERSON
    Any plans for glasses and suits to market to fans? Might be popular .....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •