NCAA to suspend Texas guard Myck Kabongo for season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    He played in the U-19 (?) tournament, which took place after the draft. Same one the Jonas played in and dominated. Could be the one you're thinking of?
    I honestly have no idea lol, all I remember is him wearing a red jersey and playing alongside Turkoglu. Or im just seeing things

Comment

Johnny Manziel was sitting courtside at the Heat/Mavs game. Wonder how he got those?????
      Deadallus

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
        Soooo, what happens to the asshole agent?
        Yeah Big time agent probably coached him what to provide.

Comment

I read something on ESPN recently that once a player is enrolled in a NCAA school he is not eligible to play in the D league that season. I can't think of a single player that jumped from the NCAA to the D league in mid season.

Jonathan Givony of Draft Express told SNY.tv: “Depends what he decides to do between now and the draft. After his poor freshman season scouts needed to see how much he improves as a sophomore. I don’t think he’s shown enough to be considered a definite first rounder based on upside alone. He’ll have to show more somewhere. Unfortunately I’m not sure the D-League is an option for him because he was already enrolled at Texas.”
          Last edited by stretch; Fri Dec 21, 2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Kabongo's suspension reduced!

Myck had his suspension reduced to 23 games on appeal to the NCAA. He gets to play again on on Feb. 13 against Iowa State with eight games remaining in the conference schedule.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              if he quit school could he sign somewhere?
              joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I don't see why not. As soon as he signs with an agent, he's eligible to sign within the league as he's completed the required one year post-high school.

I guess it would just look really bad if he drops out of school because he kicked off the team. Sort of shows where Education lies in the priority scale, right? Haha
              No. Before a player is eligible to be signed as a free agent, he has to enter the NBA draft and go undrafted (or get drafted and have the team who drafted him renounce his rights).

Comment

The embed video isn't coming up, probably my mess up..here's the link
                Last edited by blackjitsu; Sat Dec 22, 2012, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Kabongo plays his first game of the season Wednesday at home against Iowa State.

Comment

I almost missed this. Myck Kabongo had a career game on Wednesday. One of the announcers called it "one of the greatest performances in Longhorn history." Durant and Aldridge played at Texas. U of Texas came back from 20 down in the second half to win in overtime against Oklahoma. Myck was clutch, 31 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330580251

Comment

so much for drafting kabongo in the 2nd round

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        so much for drafting kabongo in the 2nd round
                        exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Kabongo was brought down to earth by Oklahoma State this afternoon. 7 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists and 7 turnovers today in a loss to a ranked team.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=330610197

Comment

I watched Texas play a good Baylor team last night. Kabongo had another great game with 19 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists and only 1 turnover. In the past, I have doubted Kabongo's potential as a NBA point guard but I must say he has made good progress. He has settled down (less turnovers and better shot selection) and is consistently making good on court decisions in running the Longhorn offence.

Myck could still use another year of developing his game at the NCAA level rather than being buried on the bench in the NBA or in the D League. Texas has a very young team and if Kabongo stays another year they should be a top 25 team again.

Comment

he'd be perfect here. he could back up lowry for a couple years.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X