Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    He can't possibly be a worse help defender than bargnani
    Guess again!

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
      From the NY Times article,

Ouch......
      hahaha I love it, they offered him for free to whoever wants him but vetoed taking back Bargnani.

franchise player right there

Comment

JackfromNZ wrote: View Post
        Defense aside I think he would play really well with Calderon.
        Everyone plays well with Calderon.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          He can't possibly be a worse help defender than bargnani
          He really is, seriously Amare has got to be one of the worst defenders ever in the NBA meaning he doesn't try. I guess thats the D'antoni system at work hes been with it twice from PHX to NY. He makes Bargnani look like Lebron James on D.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            He really is, seriously Amare has got to be one of the worst defenders ever in the NBA meaning he doesn't try. I guess thats the D'antoni system at work hes been with it twice from PHX to NY. He makes Bargnani look like Lebron James on D.
            They are basically the same player but one guy stays on the perimeter and the other goes inside. Neither defends and why dump Bargs for a guy who is injured more than him, and is paid more for a longer time. Bargs has to go, but not if it means bringing Amare back.
            Deadallus

Comment

Was just thinking if this is true:

BC trades for Marion
              trades for Barbosa
              sets up a trade for Diaw (which was axed by Jordan)
              Inquires about Stoudemire
              Attempts to sign Nash as a FA

anyone else seeing a trend?

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                Was just thinking if this is true:

BC trades for Marion
                trades for Barbosa
                sets up a trade for Diaw (which was axed by Jordan)
                Inquires about Stoudemire
                Attempts to sign Nash as a FA

anyone else seeing a trend?
                In February, the Knicks wanted to send Stoudemire to Toronto in a deal for Andrea Bargnani, a person briefed on the discussion said. But the proposal was vetoed by James L. Dolan, the Garden chairman, before it ever reached the Raptors (who would not have made the deal anyway, team officials there said).

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/sp...tw-share&_r=1&
                Who would know those players better than BC though? You don't always know what you get when trading for a player. BC knows those guys better those most. Just saying.

Comment

I always did find that the teams set up was BC trying to always turn us into the PHX suns 2.0 especially when Triano was coaching, he hired Casey for a defensive identity but start of this year made him move away from it for a "up tempo style" which isn't casey ball at all. BC's mentality is score score score its more exciting to win games like that be fast and exciting! that doesn't win many games.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    I always did find that the teams set up was BC trying to always turn us into the PHX suns 2.0 especially when Triano was coaching, he hired Casey for a defensive identity but start of this year made him move away from it for a "up tempo style" which isn't casey ball at all. BC's mentality is score score score its more exciting to win games like that be fast and exciting! that doesn't win many games.
                    It's actually quite interesting as once Steve Kerr became the GM of the Suns, they brought in Shaq (who was the opposite of run and gun) to help on the defensive end. I think more GM's understand that its defense first, offense second - but I'm not sure if Bryan has figured that out yet.

The Suns were exciting but they never got past the conference finals and fizzled once they got rid of D'Antoni.

Comment

Actually to Bryan's credit he did bring in guys that were defensive minded once Casey took over - JJ, Pietrus, Fields, Lowry, McGuire are all defensive guys. I guess it would mean more if he had traded Bargnani already.

Comment

can we blame the season on Bargnani already? lol

Comment

I'd trade Bargs for dirt but theres no way id ever take back stoudemires retarded contract
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            It's actually quite interesting as once Steve Kerr became the GM of the Suns, they brought in Shaq (who was the opposite of run and gun) to help on the defensive end. I think more GM's understand that its defense first, offense second - but I'm not sure if Bryan has figured that out yet.

The Suns were exciting but they never got past the conference finals and fizzled once they got rid of D'Antoni.
                            But getting Shaq didn't help. You're suggesting that the style Phoenix played was the reason they never won a championship (or got to the finals). I think Duncan and Popovich are the main reason. Haven't looked it up now (don't know where to get list for every season) except for the deffensive efficiency in 2006/7 on hoopdata - they were 13th, but I'm pretty sure they were generally average on defense and not terrible. A team's style should be fitting to their personal and to their best player(s). Phoneix had a good identity fitting for their personal (Nash/Stoudemire/Marion) and I doubt they could have done better against teams like the Spurs and the Gasol/Bryant Lakers playing a different style. To me, ít's one of today's basketball myths that Phoenix didn't win it all because of their style.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              But getting Shaq didn't help. You're suggesting that the style Phoenix played was the reason they never won a championship (or got to the finals). I think Duncan and Popovich are the main reason. Haven't looked it up now (don't know where to get list for every season) except for the deffensive efficiency in 2006/7 on hoopdata - they were 13th, but I'm pretty sure they were generally average on defense and not terrible. A team's style should be fitting to their personal and to their best player(s). Phoneix had a good identity fitting for their personal (Nash/Stoudemire/Marion) and I doubt they could have done better against teams like the Spurs and the Gasol/Bryant Lakers playing a different style. To me, ít's one of today's basketball myths that Phoenix didn't win it all because of their style.
                              They were a rather average defensive team, while amazingly efficient on offense. I also agree that the biggest barrier to the suns, at the very least making the finals, was the Spurs.

But I think that also point out an important aspect of playoff basketball. Defense trumps offense. So even though the best offensive team in the league (and perhaps one of the best off all time) was having success, when they step into the playoffs and faced one of the best defensive teams in the league (and perhaps, when viewed over a long period of time, one of the best ever) they ran into a wall.

Comment

Problem was those suns teams could never get a stop when it mattered, especially in the playoffs.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X