View Poll Results: Who do you keep?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Demar, he's a proven commodity!

4 10.53%
  • Ross, way more potential and a rookie deal!

4 10.53%
  • Keep both and figure it out! Too much talent to trade!

30 78.95%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DD or Ross: who do you keep?

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thing is Ross is a very un-assuming kid, very shy and soft spoken in interviews but when he plays he changes into Mr Hyde lol that putback dunk was just no regard for poor Reddick's well being lol.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Thing is Ross is a very un-assuming kid, very shy and soft spoken in interviews but when he plays he changes into Mr Hyde lol that putback dunk was just no regard for poor Reddick's well being lol.
    I love the stumble *slash* flail Redick did as Ross came down with the aerial assault.

Highlight of the year thus far, in my opinion!
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't want to be a "prisoner of the moment" but I am now sold on this kid after rippin' him ever since he got drafted. can anyone make a pic of that cover with t-mac and vince for ross and derozan? would appreciate it!
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I love the stumble *slash* flail Redick did as Ross came down with the aerial assault.

Highlight of the year thus far, in my opinion!

the facial expression he had when running back on defense was like "Dam I did Redick like that" priceless he knew it was just a disgusting dunk.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep both and see what happens...We might get a glimpse of what could have been with Vince and Tmac in these two guys.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

Terrence Ross WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    The Raptors have a happy problem: we drafted Ross and he actually looks very good. Sweet stroke, lots of speed and leaping ability, good defender even as a rookie....lot's of potential for a star shooting guard. We already have a pretty good shooting guard in DD, who is close to a 20 point scorer already, pulls down 5 boards a game and get a couple assists. Demar is 2 years older but still has some development to go through and he could easily get to be an all star in the east.

In my opinion having two guys as similar as these two who play the same position is great...if you are winning games. For us, we have so many holes I don't see how we can keep two guys who have high trade values on the team when only one of them is likely to be part of our future starting 5. So who do you move? Ross is younger, he's athletic and already seems more skilled, though he'll never have Demar's size. Derozan is already a good player in his own right and is a bit more proven: Ross could still bust. One thing to consider here is when we intend to compete. If we are rebuilding again, maybe Ros is better so he can grow up in the new system. If we want playoffs next year, maybe you want someone a little farther along.

I would trade Ross before DD, I'm big on having NBA proven talent and Demar has at least shown he can play in this league at a high level.
    It all depends on who is coming back in the trade. If it was a slashing SF then DeMar would be trade bait. If it was a guy who can shoot then Ross. Otherwise I would pick Ross over DD.

I am still not a fan of his new contract. I've mentioned this in a different thread once, but even though I acknowledge DeMar has improved, in my opinion he has not improved enough to warrant that new contract or to be a core guy. He plays a lot of minutes (most in the league if I recall), but still puts up fairly mediocre stats. That would be fine but his defense has a lot to be desired. I'd choose Ross if I had to make a decision. However I'd prefer to keep both unless we are getting back a really good player, then I would keep Ross over DeMar in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    It all depends on who is coming back in the trade. If it was a slashing SF then DeMar would be trade bait. If it was a guy who can shoot then Ross. Otherwise I would pick Ross over DD.

I am still not a fan of his new contract. I've mentioned this in a different thread once, but even though I acknowledge DeMar has improved, in my opinion he has not improved enough to warrant that new contract or to be a core guy. He plays a lot of minutes (most in the league if I recall), but still puts up fairly mediocre stats. That would be fine but his defense has a lot to be desired. I'd choose Ross if I had to make a decision. However I'd prefer to keep both unless we are getting back a really good player, then I would keep Ross over DeMar in my opinion.
    I agree with this. The only thing giving me 'hope' on the deal is the contract does not kick in until next season. If he can make another jump next year like he did this year with improvement on the defensive side of the ball, BC might be looking many look pretty silly. The flip side is if none of that happens, then BC looks silly - yet again. What makes me frustrated is he willingly gave away all the leverage the Raps had in the situation.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes me frustrated is he willingly gave away all the leverage the Raps had in the situation.
    I too did not like the fact that he signed him to that extension hence giving away leverage. One has to understand though that Bryan Colangelo is in quite a different position than an observer. If Demar finishes the year with his present numbers(18pts. 5rbs. 2asts.) he could easily command a salary of 50-55mil. over 5 yrs. When you compare that with the 4 yr. 39mil. he was given, you realise why BC did it.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    I too did not like the fact that he signed him to that extension hence giving away leverage. One has to understand though that Bryan Colangelo is in quite a different position than an observer. If Demar finishes the year with his present numbers(18pts. 5rbs. 2asts.) he could easily command a salary of 50-55mil. over 5 yrs. When you compare that with the 4 yr. 39mil. he was given, you realise why BC did it.
    Another team cannot offer a 5 year contract.

Colangelo took a huge risk in signing DeMar to the contract he did when the worst case scenario was possibly another $1.5M per season. The odds of a team offering him $11M were just as good as a team offering him $8M or less. Either way the Raptors still had the right to match.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Another team cannot offer a 5 year contract.

Colangelo took a huge risk in signing DeMar to the contract he did when the worst case scenario was possibly another $1.5M per season. The odds of a team offering him $11M were just as good as a team offering him $8M or less. Either way the Raptors still had the right to match.
    I did not know that another team cannot offer him a 5yr. contract. Now that I know I guess my opinion changes slightly. Hypothetically, if a team offered say a 45mil. contract and Raps. are in a position to either match or sign and trade(or not) and have the flexibility as opposed to what they've already done. I guess the only thing they can do now is trade Demar to fulfill a need but they'll be limited in their options. You're right Matt. They should have waited.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Thread Information