DD or Ross: who do you keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD or Ross: who do you keep?

The Raptors have a happy problem: we drafted Ross and he actually looks very good. Sweet stroke, lots of speed and leaping ability, good defender even as a rookie....lot's of potential for a star shooting guard. We already have a pretty good shooting guard in DD, who is close to a 20 point scorer already, pulls down 5 boards a game and get a couple assists. Demar is 2 years older but still has some development to go through and he could easily get to be an all star in the east.

In my opinion having two guys as similar as these two who play the same position is great...if you are winning games. For us, we have so many holes I don't see how we can keep two guys who have high trade values on the team when only one of them is likely to be part of our future starting 5. So who do you move? Ross is younger, he's athletic and already seems more skilled, though he'll never have Demar's size. Derozan is already a good player in his own right and is a bit more proven: Ross could still bust. One thing to consider here is when we intend to compete. If we are rebuilding again, maybe Ros is better so he can grow up in the new system. If we want playoffs next year, maybe you want someone a little farther along.

I would trade Ross before DD, I'm big on having NBA proven talent and Demar has at least shown he can play in this league at a high level.
    Demar, he's a proven commodity!
    10.53%
    Ross, way more potential and a rookie deal!
    10.53%
    Keep both and figure it out! Too much talent to trade!
    78.95%
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Trade both for an elite contributor

Comment

Nothing says both cant be kept. There's nothing wrong with a 6th man role for one of them and demar could start at the 3 eventually.

Comment

Both.

Move DeMar to the 3. Problem Solved.

OR

Use Ross as a 6th man like Jamal Crawford or James Harden last year.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Keep both players....doesn't make sense to get rid of either! Both are young and both can score and both can lead to better things. We have a lot of other dead weight to get rid of before even considering either one of them! Barg's,Kleiza etc.

Comment

As for now I say keep both. This year, DeMar is our starting shooting guard. It's not like we were in a rush of starting Ross. Like TRex said, He could be our 6th man, even next year. After if we get a solid PF (Whether it's ED or someone else), DeMar could move to the 3, or we trade one of the two. But I say don't trade any of them until at least 2014.

Comment

if someone was offering a 2014 lottery pick for demar I would do it.

Comment

LOL you are too funny!!..... just any lotto pick will do huh? Thank GOD your not our GM...... even though you might do a better job than him! YIKES

Comment

ross

Comment

We know Casey's philosophy, that he doesn't thing in terms of SGs and SFs, just in terms of wings and bigs. So as long as he's coach here, it's unlikely that we'd see either of them moved simply because they both are classified as SGs. And I agree with that approach. Don't be in a rush to move either of them until they prove they can't play together, or until the opportunity comes along to grab a wing who's a clear upgrade on either of them.
                    So far, they've looked quite compatible during their time on the court together. If Ross continues to develop his existing strengths, it really meshes well with the rest of our core. A wing player who can defend, run the floor, and hit the three is pretty much one of the most useful types of players in the game.
                    I hope that when Lowry gets back, we see an occasional glimpse of a Lowry/Ross/DeRozan/Davis/Valanciunas lineup. For me, that's the potential lineup of the future.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      As for now I say keep both. This year, DeMar is our starting shooting guard. It's not like we were in a rush of starting Ross. Like TRex said, He could be our 6th man, even next year. After if we get a solid PF (Whether it's ED or someone else), DeMar could move to the 3, or we trade one of the two. But I say don't trade any of them until at least 2014.
                      Agree. We have seen Demars best(almost). Let's wait to see Ross' best. It seems like it's going to be pretty good.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

keep both. Really silly question some of our best minutes is with them both on the floor.

Comment

both look good, dont see why we need to rush this one

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            keep both. Really silly question some of our best minutes is with them both on the floor.
                            +1 very silly question. We have them both for the next 4 years. Lets be happy about that. Doesn't really seem like either of them have an ego problem like Tracy and Vince did. We should be able to keep both long term.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              I don't like that one of them will play out of position if we start them together. Demar is fine against teams like the magic who aren't big at the 3, but against the Lebrons and Josh Smiths of the world, he may have some trouble. Point taken though, for now the combo seems to be working out and maybe they are making me change to the third option.
                              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X