Sam Mitchell blasts Bargnani, praises Calderon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Mitchell blasts Bargnani, praises Calderon

Did anyone else catch NBA GameTime last night and hear Sam Mitchell and Smitty tear up bargnani?? It was gold! I don't have a link right now but I'll look later, if anyone else has it, please post. Mitchell also had some great things to say about Jose

Last time sam was on he praised Bargnani lol and brought up great points about him id love to hear it.

Comment

Just saw this on TV -great to hear someone saying what we all already know as fans here. Bargnani's time here is definitely up and he's now overstayed his welcome and has to go. I hope the media keeps slamming him as he deserves to put extra pressure on Colangelo to get his ass out of town right quick.

Comment

The problem with moving Bargnani is that his stock could not be any lower right now and his contract is a tough pill for another team to swallow. There is always amnesty for dumping that cap load at the end of the season.

Comment

Why are you excited about this? Do you think that all of this negative publicity will help us get value for him in a trade? This is awful! If this continues we will have to amnesty him or keep him.
          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
            Why are you excited about this? Do you think that all of this negative publicity will help us get value for him in a trade? This is awful! If this continues we will have to amnesty him or keep him.
            I don't think anything Sam Mitchell, Doug Smith, Charles Barkley or any other commentator has to say has any impact on Bargnani's trade value. Teams pay millions of dollars to individuals to scout, watch video, plan and make decisions etc.

It just nice to see the media giving, what to me anyways, seems like a much better picture of what Andrea does to the team rather than attempting to confuse fans with questionable rhetoric like they have been for years.

Comment

I've heard him...well not blast, but he frequently tries to not say bad things about Bargnani. Maybe he finally gave up last night. Even as a commentator/analyst, people still have to be diplomatic unless they're Stephen A Smith, or, especially, Skip Bayless.

On Calderon. Mitchell has ALWAYS been a huge supporter of Calderon. He seems to compliment him sincerely every chance he gets. All coaches love Jose. While people hate on him trying to get a scoring or aggressive PG, he offers something you need from a great PG: he's like an extension of the coach on the floor. That doesn't just mean the coach has confidence in him, but that players do too, and in a way that they could never actually trust the coach himself. The coach always knows Jose will try to run the system as best he can, and get the most out of each player every night. Players know this too, so they know they don't have to worry about not getting the ball because of Jose going rogue or something. And I don't say that just to target Lowry, even other , better PGs are guilty of that, and it's something some will never learn. Westbrook's a good example, and it's something he's still learning. I think Rose too, although given his situation, he was better at it than Westbrook before going down. You can look at Rondo and Nash, with Paul close behind (mostly because Del Negro isn't a coach, really, so Paul is essentially always rogue by default, but he's clearly able to do it as well as anyone) as probably the best in the league.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I've heard him...well not blast, but he frequently tries to not say bad things about Bargnani. Maybe he finally gave up last night. Even as a commentator/analyst, people still have to be diplomatic unless they're Stephen A Smith, or, especially, Skip Bayless.

On Calderon. Mitchell has ALWAYS been a huge supporter of Calderon. He seems to compliment him sincerely every chance he gets. All coaches love Jose. While people hate on him trying to get a scoring or aggressive PG, he offers something you need from a great PG: he's like an extension of the coach on the floor. That doesn't just mean the coach has confidence in him, but that players do too, and in a way that they could never actually trust the coach himself. The coach always knows Jose will try to run the system as best he can, and get the most out of each player every night. Players know this too, so they know they don't have to worry about not getting the ball because of Jose going rogue or something. And I don't say that just to target Lowry, even other , better PGs are guilty of that, and it's something some will never learn. Westbrook's a good example, and it's something he's still learning. I think Rose too, although given his situation, he was better at it than Westbrook before going down. You can look at Rondo and Nash, with Paul close behind (mostly because Del Negro isn't a coach, really, so Paul is essentially always rogue by default, but he's clearly able to do it as well as anyone) as probably the best in the league.
                If I'm not mistaken, he just credited Jose for his COY award in 2006/07 the other day (or atleast said he would never have won it without Jose).

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                  If I'm not mistaken, he just credited Jose for his COY award in 2006/07 the other day (or atleast said he would never have won it without Jose).
                  yep sam did say that.. wasnt that also the year Jose set the FT% record??

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                    yep sam did say that.. wasnt that also the year Jose set the FT% record??
                    Nope...08-09: he shot 0.981 %, or 151 out of 154 FTs!!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      The problem with moving Bargnani is that his stock could not be any lower right now and his contract is a tough pill for another team to swallow. There is always amnesty for dumping that cap load at the end of the season.
                      Blame that on BC for over valuing Bargnani thinking he could be an All Star in this league. He tried everything to make Bargnani look good. From the outside it looks like a desperate attempt to make crap into ok crap and it was a failure. The best time to move Bargs was after Bosh bolted or after his 13 game stretch. At least then his value was at it highest and we could have gotten more for him then. But BC love affair with this flawed players didn't make him push the trade button. Bargnani is by far BC's biggest mistake that he'll never admit to.

Comment

Comment

BC Save some face. (ok, his rep is shot...maybe just do the right thing)

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post

Seeing as we're going to lose our pick, the key for Brian now is to trade Bargs for some good talent.

We need another younger core piece to go with DD, AJ, JV, TR and, possibly, KL.

We also need a good vet with a stretch 3pt presence. Like a poor man's Ray Allen.

These two players should match the 10mil we're paying Toronto.

We don't really need any more centers, with Amir, JV and AG.

LK can skip town, for all I care. Acy should get some more burn. Jose to stay....

Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

Check out this trade i worked out

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d67ph2t

it seems like everyone gets something of value, but hinges entirely on ATL self destructinf this year and j smooth wanting out..which prollt wont happen but hey...we can all dream

Money works out too for toronto. we basically reinvest the money into smith.

Id offer a 4 yr deal with last two yrs as player options: 12mil/13mil/15mil/17mil

Id resign calderon to a more team friendly deal for 3 years: 7mil/6mil/5mil and if i think hell get a bigger offer somewhere else for sure

Calderon/derozan/smith/davis/valenciunus

Comment

The first thing the raps need to do is to show that Bargnani is happy coming off the bench. Then he can be traded as a bench player. No one is going to want to go through that effort, or it results in lesser value.

Comment

Working...
                              X