Thread: What about DeMarcus Cousins?

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What about DeMarcus Cousins?

Kings aren't satisfied with guy's behavior and suspended him indefinitely:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11802

Management are tired of his character. They are really bad team and need some big changes. We could offer them who they really need - a proven PG (Lowry or Jose), we have Bargs too so Raptors could acquire one bad contract with Cousins (Salmons or Thornton).

What do you think?
    Last edited by japetas; Sat Dec 22nd, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
    (Sorry for poor English )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post
    Kings aren't satisfied with guy's behavior and suspended him indefinitely:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11802

Management are tired of his character. They are really bad team and need some big changes. We could offer them who they really need - a proven PG (Lowry or Jose), we have Bargs too so Raptors could acquire one bad contract with Cousins (Salmons or Thornton).

What do you think?
    Demarcus might be better in a change of scenery. Who knows? With Casey, and some of our vet guys, we could hold a guy like Demarcus accountable.

Than again, it is Demarcus Cousins we are talking about, probably the worst attitude in the NBA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Demarcus might be better in a change of scenery. Who knows? With Casey, and some of our vet guys, we could hold a guy like Demarcus accountable.

Than again, it is Demarcus Cousins we are talking about, probably the worst attitude in the NBA.
    Maybe he's just tired of losing. I don't say that coming to Toronto would dramatically change everything in comparison with Kings in winning/losing, but maybe a new environment, new team mates would change his attitude at least for a while, and if a team would start winning...
    With some discipline and good coaching he could easily be a superstar, he has never played with a true playmaker like Jose. In my opinion The Kings are the worst team in the NBA (Washington and New Orleans have some potential when injured players returns (J. Wall and E. Gordon respectively)), Kings have no strategy...
    Last edited by japetas; Sat Dec 22nd, 2012 at 07:04 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Cousins get paid during this suspension?

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Tyreke Evans?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Does Cousins get paid during this suspension?
    I'm quite sure that a suspended player does not get paid unless he appeals and wins the appeal.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    I'm quite sure that a suspended player does not get paid unless he appeals and wins the appeal.
    I think that's only if he gets suspended by the NBA. In that case, reports almost alway talk about 'suspended without pay'. That's not the case in these reports. I don't think that's possible when there is no timetable set for the suspension and I'm not sure teams are allowed to do suspend players without pay; my guess would be that it's only the league-office that's allowed to do that. I have no clue where to find the rules about this though.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't touch him with a 39 and a half foot long pole.

Post Thanks / Like

If you think purely, PURELY BASKETBALL.

Jonas Valanciunas and Demarcus Cousins in the front-court? Getting rebounds, offense, defense...

Holy shit.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be willing to try. We'd have to take on a big contract to make the money work- probably Salmons given his age and the three years remaining on his contract. Cousins IS being paid right now. Only problem would be finding minutes for both Cousins and JV.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Guuuyyyys, we cant afford chemistry issues right now...
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a one game suspension! .....a slap on the wrist.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote chrisbem100 wrote: View Post
    I'd be willing to try. We'd have to take on a big contract to make the money work- probably Salmons given his age and the three years remaining on his contract. Cousins IS being paid right now. Only problem would be finding minutes for both Cousins and JV.
    no team will be taking on a big contract for cousins. he had the talent to go number 1 but guy is crazy. if sac town starts asking what teams will give up the sharks will smell blood and start lowballing.

with cousins i think their best bet is to tank the season and try to pawn him off for a couple mid first rounders if any team has 2 this year. that team can say they get a super talent for a couple of picks in a weak draft and sac town can hope to get a player

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    It's a one game suspension! .....a slap on the wrist.
    After reports that Cousins was reinstated from his suspension, he's still not with the team in Portland and won't play tonight.

From Rotoworld.com:

DeMarcus Cousins didn't travel with the Kings to Portland for Wednesday's game.
    Beat writer Jason Jones reported Tuesday that Cousins was likely to play, with a source telling Jones that Cousins' ban would be limited to one game as long as Cousins apologized. Now, with the Kings dubbing Cousins' second straight missed game as a "coach's decision," it's fair to wonder whether Cousins and Keith Smart have kissed and made up. Something tells us this is a long way from being over

So, there is still possibility that Cousins could be traded?

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt the Kings are going to trade Cousins at a moment that his trade value is very low.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I doubt the Kings are going to trade Cousins at a moment that his trade value is very low.
    Next year is the last guaranteed season for Cousins, so next year his value may drop even more if he would not want to extend his contract (that's likely to happen)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post
    Next year is the last guaranteed season for Cousins, so next year his value may drop even more if he would not want to extend his contract (that's likely to happen)
    He'll be restricted right? So his contract ending won't matter much for his tradevalue.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have thought a lot about this. I absolutely love Cousin's game, but his attitude is not something this team needs. Lets say we are confident enough in Casey's control and discipline, and we tried to get Cousins, this is what I would think about:

Well with the salaries it seems like the only way a solid trade would work out would be with Lowry and Bargnani headed to Sacramento (because Jose and Bargs is too much to handle for them salary-wise, and any other combo would not be enough for them to bite). I really am not for trading Lowry, but what if we could swing something like this?

They would most likely not go for this trade (after Bargnani's year) but maybe add a second round pick (or some other form of asset) and I think they would think about it.

Some variation of that is all I can think of that would work.

Is giving up Lowry/Bargs worth it for Cousins and Thomas (plus some big salary role players)?
    Last edited by Red and White; Thu Dec 27th, 2012 at 06:12 PM.

Thread Information