No announcement yet.

WOW Still No Love from the US Media!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares about the us media, all they care about is covering the all you can eat special at wallmart.

Somewhere out there there is a scientist doing a calculation to figure out how many centimeters an inch is. You can't fix stupid.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
      Who cares about the us media, all they care about is covering the all you can eat special at wallmart.

Somewhere out there there is a scientist doing a calculation to figure out how many centimeters an inch is. You can't fix stupid.
      umm...what?
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

to sum it up, they are behind, fox news captivates these people, nothing lost

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
          who wants to hear about a team TEN games under .500?
          Pretty much this. A 5 game winning streak is less newsworthy when it only brings your record to 9-19.

The Terrance Ross thing is silly too. He's broken double figures twice during his last ten games and has had plenty of poor games in that stretch too. I'm enjoying watching him develop as a Raps fan but I don't expect "T-Ross scores 13!" to be leading off Sportscenter in the States...

Comment

NBA has vested interests from U.S. companies, so by default the Toronto Raptors who is mostly CDN associated won't receive love from U.S.-run media.

If we had a marquee player with significant U.S. sponsorship, we'd get some spotlight like how Vince did. Even if the team was bad, everyone wanted to see Vince.

Comment

Who cares about how the US covers the Raptors, when they aren't even covered that well in the country they play in. Aside from the GTA, basketball in a whole is not covered very well by the rest of the country. I mean, if there was no NHL lockout, do you really think people in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg would care about a 5 game win streak?

Comment

Tmar wrote: View Post
                Who cares about how the US covers the Raptors, when they aren't even covered that well in the country they play in. Aside from the GTA, basketball in a whole is not covered very well by the rest of the country. I mean, if there was no NHL lockout, do you really think people in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg would care about a 5 game win streak?
                Raptor fans would, yes.

It is really tough to get bothered by US ignorance when Canadians have a healthy dose of their own.

Is basketball #1 in Canada? Absolutely not, not even close. Does basketball have a healthy fan base across Canada? Yes. Is this unique to just Toronto/rest of Canada? No, football is far and away #1 in many US markets followed #2 by MLB in others and there are some markets where basketball would fall #3.

Time to stop caring about those who don't have the same values or interests.

Comment

Yea, I don't understand why people care about this. Why would you care that another country isn't keen on following a team that is not from that country? What, because we share a border?
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

Feel loved

From the main menu of SI's NBA page

http://nba.si.com/2012/12/21/raptors...?sct=uk_t2_a13

Comment

Working...
                    X