Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Calderon actually wants to resign in Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, we should not do this same mistake with Lowry. Make him our unquestionned starting point guard from the start. Give him the keys, just like we should have done with Jose about 5 years ago. If you want your team to win, players have to know their roles from the start. That's only my opinion though. Change roles only if someone is sucking (Bargs?) or overachieving as f*ck.

Comment

I think he'll re-sign if it's not BC making an offer. In other words if BC is fired or allowed to go at the end of his contract and the new GM makes an offer, he might consider it. If BC remains, makes an offer and Calderon accepts, he deserves all the praise in the World considering everything he's gone through.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

jpisadummy wrote: View Post
        3yrs: 7mil/6mil/5mil
        Too much, only BC would hand him that.

If he wants to stay in TO, offer him 3-4mil/year, and make him feel like he's an important piece moving forward.

Let Jose decide if he want's money first.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Give him the keys, just like we should have done with Jose about 5 years ago. If you want your team to win, players have to know their roles from the start. That's only my opinion though. Change roles only if someone is sucking (Bargs?) or overachieving as f*ck.
          Jose never earned the starting role. He's always hovered between really good, and really good bench, with very poor defence.

100% on Bargs. Put him at the end and play Acy. We'll win more games.

Comment

Jose is a true product of the raptors... How many coaches has he been through ? Carter, Wilkings, ONiel, Mitchell, Triano, Casey, and I don't remember if he caught a part of Walker in there also....

Comment

Father rev wrote: View Post
              Jose is a true product of the raptors... How many coaches has he been through ? Carter, Wilkings, ONiel, Mitchell, Triano, Casey, and I don't remember if he caught a part of Walker in there also....
              Jose isnt that old LOL he never played for Carter, Wilkens or Oniel...

Malone 95-96

Walker 96-98

Carter 98-00

Wilkens 00-03

O Niell 03-04

Smitch 04-08

Triano 08-11

Casey 11-Now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_head_coaches

Jose's first season was in 05-06 playing under Smitch

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/...on/Summary/794
              Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sun Dec 23, 2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I think he had a stint with Red Auerbach too if I remember correctly..
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

We need to give his mother a parking spot.

Comment

Sorry I remember Jose being on the team with Antonio Davis and Alvin Williams and even Huffa at one period and time

Comment

Well Williams played one game with the Raps in 2005 and Jose started playing for the Raptors in 2005 so yeah one game maybe.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
                        Too much, only BC would hand him that.

If he wants to stay in TO, offer him 3-4mil/year, and make him feel like he's an important piece moving forward.

Let Jose decide if he want's money first.
                        youre telling me he wouldnt command that much or more on the market as a free agent this offseason?

3 years, 18mil (7mil/6mil/5mil) is a bargain for the production and leadership youre getting.

For a consummate pro like jose, whos been there for this team through it all, MLSE should show the guy some loyalty for the shut they put him through over the years. In my mind, thats how u do business and its a precedent on how u run ur business for other players to see.

Id also do this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d67ph2t

Obviously, ATL would need to self destruct for us to even have a chance, but f*ck it, a guy can dream.
                        Reinvest the bargs/lowry money into jsmooth and we FINALLY HAVE A LEGIT SF IN THE COLANGELO ERA.

id do a 4 yr, last two yrs as player options for J SMOOTH:
                        12mil/13mil/15mil/17mil

Which i think is fair value for a guy who has no all stars on his resume, but is a solid defender and high flier with an improved jumper.

And look to draft a pg named MYCK KYBONGO!!!! The wiggins dream is a nice one but the way things r going so far this season, and how kybongos season has taken a hit..it just might be the match made in heaven webe been waiting for. who better to usher in and show kybongo the ropes?

2013-2014 roster

Calderon/kybongo/lucas
                        Derozan/ross
                        Smith/anderson/fields
                        Davis/kleiza/acy
                        Valenciunus/johnson/gray

Comment

If it's not for loyalty he won't be back. I'm sure he can find a starting role with a really good contract elsewhere, and still be a winning team. If Chris Paul decides to sign with another team than the Clippers, I really see them going after Jose. I mean I'm sure he would fit in greatly.

Comment

The answer is 3. Since 2004-2005 it has been Mitchell, Triano, and Casey. Jose became a Rap in 2005-06.

3 coaches in 8 years is about normal (new coach every 2-3 years) for a professional sports team that is not a contender.

Comment

lucifershuttlesworth wrote: View Post
                              memphis would be a great fit for calderon. I think a deal sending calderon and derozan to the grizz for rudy gay would reap huge rewards for both teams. grizz would gain depth, firepower and the ball-handling they need to become truly elite. the raps would gain an allstar to build around and immediately he'd become the new and refreshing face of the franchise. espn trade machine approves the trade, wonder what hollinger would say?

LOL this had me laughing out loud....the fact that mike conley would own dribbles.....and trading gay who is having all-star type season makes no sense at all I understand your "homerisim" but like come on just think about it for a sec before you type this nonsense.....and DD isnt getting traded he has been the most consistent Raptor since pre-season.

And for all of you who think Dribbles is the epitome of a true pro ...two words for you "contract year" what has Dribbles done the last four years of his contract for the raps exactly?!...... 0.o

Comment

Presuming they can fit him under their cap, does anyone think Jose might entertain the possibility of playing with his old buddy, Chris Bosh, in Miami. It's got everything he'd be looking for: great team, great weather, and a large Spanish speaking population.

Comment

Working...
                                X