View Poll Results: Is Demar worth ihis contract?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

17 60.71%
  • No!

4 14.29%
  • Undecided!?

7 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Demar Derozan is worth is contract?

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Demar Derozan worth his contract?

We're 28 games into the season and I'm curious what people think of Demar Derozan's contract now? He is signed for four years after this one for a total of 38 million plus incentives.

I'm actually pretty pleased with the contract, he is a legit NBA calibre starter at the 2 that still has some potential to improve a lot and is already good for 19 pts and 5 boards almost every night. His shot is improving and he never seems to force his game, taking almost everything in the flow of the offense. He's an improved defender, maybe not great but he's better than a lot of other wings out there.

What is most impressive about him, IMO, is the fact that he has missed a total of 8 games in in the four seasons he's played and is averaging 31 minutes a game in that time. Durability is one of the most underrated aspects in an NBA player and DD seems to have it in spades (knock on wood).

I'm personnally still not happy that we didn't at least see what his market value was in the offseason but I guess BC wanted to show our faith in him and was looking to buy low.
    Last edited by hateslosing; Mon Dec 24th, 2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Inability to use proper grammer.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    We're 28 games into the season and I'm curious what people think of Demar Derozan's contract now? He is signed for four years after this one for a total of 38 million plus incentives.

I'm actually pretty pleased with the contract, he is a legit NBA calibre starter at the 2 that still has some potential to improve a lot and is already good for 19 pts and 5 boards almost every night. His shot is improving and he never seems to force his game, taking almost everything in the flow of the offense. He's an improved defender, maybe not great but he's better than a lot of other wings out there.

What is most impressive about him, IMO, is the fact that he has missed a total of 8 games in in the four seasons he's played and is averaging 31 minutes a game in that time. Durability is one of the most underrated aspects in an NBA player and DD seems to have it in spades (knock on wood).

I'm personnally still not happy that we didn't at least see what his market value was in the offseason but I guess BC wanted to show our faith in him and was looking to buy low.
    I couldn't agree more. DD is a definite 'core piece' on any team-- even on teams were he wouldn't be a starter, his amazing athleticism, durability and commitment make him one of those players every coach loves to have around. He's not perfect but with his attitude and drive to improve we can all be confident he'll keep working his ass off to get better.

Edit: can you imagine a championship caliber team being able to bring a guy like DD in off the bench?

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At $9.5M a year, he would have the 55th richest contract next year. That does not include any free agents (like Howard/Paul, etc) but he would still be a top 60 paid player. He is not a top 60 player in my opinion.

He gets a lot of minutes, but puts up mediocre numbers and his defense needs big time improvement. Is he worth the contract right now? No. Will he be worth his contract soon? I sure hope so.

Post Thanks / Like

He is still on his rookie contract and making $3.3M.

He is currently worth that contract.

Will he be worth $9.5M in 2013-14? Time will tell but he is not on that contract yet so mark me down as undecided.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

We won't know till we see what improvements he makes this summer, his new deal does not kick in till next season,right now he is still on his rookie deal. If he continues to get stronger, fine tunes his 3 point shot, and becomes a better shot creator he will be worth the money. If he is a carbon copy of this year, he will be slightly overpaid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He is still on his rookie contract and making $3.3M.

He is currently worth that contract.

Will he be worth $9.5M in 2013-14? Time will tell but he is not on that contract yet so mark me down as undecided.
    You