Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what if Bosh played centre for us? What if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if Bosh played centre for us? What if?

espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8718269/nba-new-chapter-miami-heat-chris-bosh
    Came across this article about bosh downs and ups in his career and why he wanted out of T.O. and asked myself "What is B.C. was more assertive and made bosh learn to play centre, would barg play better?" Would raps be better? Would bosh still want to leave for greener pasture? Was his usage here mismanaged? How many other players have been wasted here?

Man I hope this doesn't happen to ed, ross, quincy and jv. What could have and should have had B.C. been smarter with this team. Kind of not felt bad for him a little bit BUT still mad at him for leaving the way he did. B.C. you suck for not seeing the signs of him leaving!!!!

we would complain that he isn't a max deal player, argue the gm/coach don't know what they are doing and finally, and this is the big one, we would mention how it could work if bosh played with a small forward who could get a block a game a steal a game, score 25 points, grab 10 rebounds and dish out 10 assists

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      we would complain that he isn't a max deal player, argue the gm/coach don't know what they are doing and finally, and this is the big one, we would mention how it could work if bosh played with a small forward who could get a block a game a steal a game, score 25 points, grab 10 rebounds and dish out 10 assists
      Sounds about right.

Comment

Bosh played C quite a bit in Toronto..& got abused quite often too..

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          +1 with a laugh.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
            Bosh played C quite a bit in Toronto..& got abused quite often too..
            Exactly. Playing CB out of position so long is what broke his knee down and severely affected his speed. He was much less able to blow past his man and lost a lot of his mobility due to being ground on by much bigger dudes night in and night out. Go back and watch his first two years pre injury and consider the player he became.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
              espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8718269/nba-new-chapter-miami-heat-chris-bosh
              Came across this article about bosh downs and ups in his career and why he wanted out of T.O. and asked myself "What is B.C. was more assertive and made bosh learn to play centre, would barg play better?" Would raps be better? Would bosh still want to leave for greener pasture? Was his usage here mismanaged? How many other players have been wasted here?

Man I hope this doesn't happen to ed, ross, quincy and jv. What could have and should have had B.C. been smarter with this team. Kind of not felt bad for him a little bit BUT still mad at him for leaving the way he did. B.C. you suck for not seeing the signs of him leaving!!!!
              Bosh played plenty of C in Toronto over the years, and moving him to play predominantly PF was the right move. Not only does it make more sense from a size perspective, its what he wanted aswell (if I remember correctly).

Would Bargnani play better? I don't see how it matters. Rasho, Reggie, JO, Bosh, Amir, Gray, Ed have all played beside Bargnani over the years with little difference in how he plays.

Would the Raps be better? Ofcourse. Having Bosh > not having Bosh from a pure talent perspective. Would it have been better long term tieing up 17+mil a year to pay Bosh? I don't think so. If the question is would the Raps have been better with Bosh at C rather than PF, that all depends on who was the PF with him.

Would Bosh have still left? Yes. Besides the now rather obvious agreement or discussion Miami's big 3 had prior to 2010, I don't think there was any chance Bosh was staying. He made it clear numerous times he wasn't getting the attention (around the league) he felt he deserved. And even if he would stay if the team was a contender, the Raptors weren't going to be a contending team without an enourmous amount of changes

Was his usage mismanaged? Thats a tough one. He was, to me anyways, a number two player, but without that clear cut #1 I don't see how you don't give Bosh the ball. He is a very consistent and efficient offensive player. At the same time a team isn't going far with a #2 being forced into the #1 role.

Other players wasted here? Jose. No question to me about this one.

I'd point out Bosh playing C in Miami isn't exactly a money play. The Heat's defense has dropped from 4th to 13th. And while thats not exclusively because Bosh is playing the C (having Shane Battier cover PFs at times isn't exactly what I call an ideal situation) that lack of size and rim protection isn't doing the team a ton of favours defensively. Mind you with Lebron and Wade on a team one can do pretty much whatever they like and be successful, so it might not be that relevant.

And while I'd put 'BC sucks for not seeing of him leaving' more eloquently, it is easily one of Colangelo's biggest errors.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                Bosh played plenty of C in Toronto over the years, and moving him to play predominantly PF was the right move. Not only does it make more sense from a size perspective, its what he wanted aswell (if I remember correctly).

Would Bargnani play better? I don't see how it matters. Rasho, Reggie, JO, Bosh, Amir, Gray, Ed have all played beside Bargnani over the years with little difference in how he plays.

Would the Raps be better? Ofcourse. Having Bosh > not having Bosh from a pure talent perspective. Would it have been better long term tieing up 17+mil a year to pay Bosh? I don't think so. If the question is would the Raps have been better with Bosh at C rather than PF, that all depends on who was the PF with him.

Would Bosh have still left? Yes. Besides the now rather obvious agreement or discussion Miami's big 3 had prior to 2010, I don't think there was any chance Bosh was staying. He made it clear numerous times he wasn't getting the attention (around the league) he felt he deserved. And even if he would stay if the team was a contender, the Raptors weren't going to be a contending team without an enourmous amount of changes

Was his usage mismanaged? Thats a tough one. He was, to me anyways, a number two player, but without that clear cut #1 I don't see how you don't give Bosh the ball. He is a very consistent and efficient offensive player. At the same time a team isn't going far with a #2 being forced into the #1 role.

Other players wasted here? Jose. No question to me about this one.

I'd point out Bosh playing C in Miami isn't exactly a money play. The Heat's defense has dropped from 4th to 13th. And while thats not exclusively because Bosh is playing the C (having Shane Battier cover PFs at times isn't exactly what I call an ideal situation) that lack of size and rim protection isn't doing the team a ton of favours defensively. Mind you with Lebron and Wade on a team one can do pretty much whatever they like and be successful, so it might not be that relevant.

And while I'd put 'BC sucks for not seeing of him leaving' more eloquently, it is easily one of Colangelo's biggest errors.
                Your response to everything I wrote has to be the very best response I have ever seen on this forum. Very well said sir.

Just saying.

Comment

I read that article and it's the same old, same old with Bosh. He wanted out of Toronto. He got a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play with Lebron and D.Wade and it doesn't matter if he played centre or not. He was leaving. Bosh did play centre in his first few years in T.O. and hated it. On top of that, his lanky body frame is more suited to the PF not C position. In Miami, he's doing it because he's clearly not the "man" as he was here. In retrospect, BC probably should have moved Bosh after the 08-09 season because he clearly wasn't going to resign. Unfortunately either he put his trust in Bosh, thinking there was a good chance for him to resign, or he simply couldn't get a deal done because either there was nothing there that worked or who knows...maybe MLSE didn't want Bosh moved since he was their only marketable commodity on the basketball side. Nonetheless, you can't change the past. Most people wish Bosh luck and hold no ill will. It's just too bad he continues to make comments which make you think that he looked at his time in Toronto as some sort of purgatory. I gotta believe that that wife of his has had some influence on him. He doesn't even seem like the same person he was in Toronto. He just seems very stuck up and arrogant now....much like the high school kid who dumps his lifelong friends to join the "cool" crowd.

Comment

Working...
                  X