Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lowry being packaged on the block already?

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Im ok with moving Lowry if it is a clear upgrade for our team, i just hope we dont trade him for junk & 2013 1st rounder.. i feel Lowry is a much bigger asset then our 1st pick in the upcoming draft.. Id also like to see him back to being 100% & then make a choice.
    The evidence would suggest otherwise. Its starting to look like we might have got taken in this trade. Id be more than happy to get back the pick that we traded for Lowry. We are looking like a bottom-feeder with him .. so not sure how great he is. Also, we have JC, who, while I dont love, is the best 2nd option that we have at any position ...

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yep they got a decent return too.. have to add they got Devin Harris in that deal aswell though.
    You guys are crazy to compare Melo and D WIll to Lowry .... not even close to the same caliber of player that those guys were when traded. D Will was considered a top 5 PG in the league (Lowry something like 10-15th), and Melo a top 5 (maybe top 3 SF)

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    You guys are crazy to compare Melo and D WIll to Lowry .... not even close to the same caliber of player that those guys were when traded. D Will was considered a top 5 PG in the league (Lowry something like 10-15th), and Melo a top 5 (maybe top 3 SF)
    we werent compairing..just responded to a post about all-stars or borderline all stars trade returns in the recent past & mentioned the melo & deron trades as trades that worked out sweet for there old teams

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    The evidence would suggest otherwise. Its starting to look like we might have got taken in this trade...
    Really? Is this a serious post? Who were the Raps going to draft with that pick that would be better than Lowry? Any names?

Post Thanks / Like

we werent compairing..just responded to a post about all-stars or borderline all stars trade returns in the recent past & mentioned the melo & deron trades as trades that worked out sweet for there old teams
    Yeah, not sure how mountio read that we were comparing Lowry to those 2. The discussion was started when someone said that you mid-season trades with good players never work out.

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather keep Lowry and trade Bargnani. With the recent drama happening in Sacramento with Cousins, would you do a Bargnani for Cousins trade?? I would.
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Smith is known for blowing a lot of hot air. Not sure when the last time he's ever had a legitimate scoop.

This makes no sense, and is total BS imho. The only thing thing that makes sense is to trade Jose. I'm OK with starting Jose if it's increase his trade value.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RPT23 wrote: View Post
    I would rather keep Lowry and trade Bargnani. With the recent drama happening in Sacramento with Cousins, would you do a Bargnani for Cousins trade?? I would.
    lol. You must be kidding if you think the Kings would ever entertain that offer. Bargnani will not bring back anybody: A) more talented than him, B) more potential than him or C) with a much better contract than him.

The best we can do is package him with another important Raptor for a quality piece, or just trade for him a whole bunch of crap/cap relief.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We should trade Bargnani and Klieza for PJ3 and Jeremy Lamb.... there I said it.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Impossible. PJ3 and Lamb contracts are MAYBE 1/3 the total of Bargs and Kleiza.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't we amnesty Bargnani?? Or was that only available last year? Seriously though...I realized today while watching the New Orleans game that Primo is still on the Raptors. I'd love it if he didn't come back and just faded away like a bad dream.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I think at the end of this season we can amnesty Bargs, Kleiza or Amir. Has to be done during the off-season.

Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean this sincerely, Lowry has too much upside to trade him, oh christ just hearing the idea of trading him makes me want to throat punch all the armchair homers and BC. Get a grip, unless we're getting Josh Smith I want nothing to do with it. NOTHING
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry just has to be under control and he will be just fine. Trust your team, stay in control. If he can do that, he will be very good.

Don't trade him, please.

Thread Information