Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry being packaged on the block already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry being packaged on the block already?

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_121224.html

"The Raptors have won five straight and one of their big surprises has been Michigan State’s Alan Anderson. He’s bounced around teams in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the D-League the last seven years and basically after sitting all season is averaging 17 points in the last four games, all Toronto wins. … Though he’s out now injured, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Kyle Lowry in a trade package and keep Jose Calderon. The Raptors give up 11 more points per game when Lowry is on the court compared with Calderon. … "

If this is to bring Jennings Demar's boy and huge fan of the city of Toronto (was here quite a bit in and out of the city with demar last off season) Im 100% behind moving Lowry for Jennings other than that though.... not really I think Lowry is pretty legit when he is healthy.

I dont think Lowry is to blame for the defensive woes either they should check the guy Lowry has to play with the 7 foot statue on the perimiter, calderon played off the bench with our better defending players +a downlow presence of Ed and Amir not to mention Lowry also suffered a line up of 3 players with bad defending capabilities (Bargs,Calderon, Demar) of course the opposing team is going to score :S

As much as I like Calderon, I hope that this isn't true. Not because it's a bad idea but because it worries me that management is willing to sell the farm based on 5 games.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I have no attachment to Lowry really. If he can bring in some good talented youth then I would be happy to trade him.

Comment

Lowry's got an ego. It would be good to get rid of him.

Comment

I'd like to see what a package of Bargnani and Lowry would bring? Would it be enough to secure a good SF?

Comment

Whatever brings more talent to Toronto I am all for it.

2 things must be noted:

1) Lowry is by far the most talented player in Toronto and has played just 3 games healthy.

2) I find Sam Smith to be a notorious ass-talker..... because it takes one to know one afterall

Comment

Bad idea. It's way too early to give up on Lowry, and would make the front office look terrible. Sounds like a lot of conjecture ...

Comment

This is not true. Everybody know Lowry is better than Calderon and that Calderon is out this summer. This isn't true. Kyle Lowry will start against New Orleans
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Moving Anderson makes a boat-load of sense. They paid nothing for him, and he has proven to have value. I don't see what Lowry has to do with the rumor though. If I was a GM with an asset like AA I would package him with a big contract so that I could move a player like AB. A team may move a quality 3 for AA and a Bargs. Moving Lowry, with the lack of time they've had to look at him on his tiny contract makes no sense unless we're talking after the season for a draft pick.

Comment

I don't see this happening at all.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I call BS. Raptors can't trade him even if they want to. If I remember correctly a player you trade for cant be traded in the same season. Since we acquired Lowry this season we can't trade him until at least this offseason.

Comment

Even though there are some players on the roster that I don't think they should be shopping necessarily, there really shouldn't be any untouchables either. As is the case with just about any trade, it really depends on what the Raptors are getting back when it comes to saying whether it's a good idea or not.

I will say however that I think that any deal involving Lowry should be part of a bigger plan for the PG position that isn't just re-signing Calderon for 3 years this summer and allowing him to remain the starter; Whether it's getting a PG back as part of the deal, targeting one in free agency this summer or trying to acquire a first rounder and tabbing one in the draft.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                          I call BS. Raptors can't trade him even if they want to. If I remember correctly a player you trade for cant be traded in the same season. Since we acquired Lowry this season we can't trade him until at least this offseason.
                          The team who traded him can't reacquire.

Raps could have sent him out on his own at any time but could not have packaged him.

To package him, Raps had to wait 2 months which is now well up.

Lowry can be traded to anyone other than Houston - but I do call BS as well.

Comment

I get the sense that Lowry will be able to adapt well when he comes back. He still seems engaged in games unlike #7 who is chilling at the end of the bench with no emotions.

Lowry is our most talented player. He just needs to pick his spots, stop gambling on defense. I do believe he needs to come off the bench and let Jose set the team up to get them going.

I think the five game winning streak is humbling for a player like Lowry who has an ego.
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

If there is a trade that improves our team then sure... But I smell some BS

Comment

Working...
                              X