Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry being packaged on the block already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    I'd say Utah did alright with the Deron trade. Favors, Kanter & Golden State's first rounder (Golden State's first-round pick, which is partially protected, in 2012. That selection is top-seven protected in 2012 and 2013 and top-six protected in 2014.)
    yep they got a decent return too.. have to add they got Devin Harris in that deal aswell though.

Comment

Yeah, I left Harris off since he isn't with the team anymore, but he is certainly a capable point guard and they flipped him for Marvin Williams, so he was definitely a good kicker in the deal.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I would be quite upset if they traded Lowry. This "Ego" that people elude to Lowry possessing is confused with competitiveness and hustle. He does everything, from rebound, to take charges, to hit big shots, to drive fearlessly to the bucket and dive for loose balls. His work ethic has rubbed off on Demar, and it's evident in his rebounding numbers.

Comment

I'd be all for it. I like Lowry but its not like you're talking about getting rid of a Westbrook or a CP3. If we can get another player that can score and play D it'll be well worth it. Jose is already running the team better than Lowry ever could. If the Raptors were a better team Jose's poor D would be overshadowed. Hopefully Bargs is gone before Lowry though.

Comment

Im ok with moving Lowry if it is a clear upgrade for our team, i just hope we dont trade him for junk & 2013 1st rounder.. i feel Lowry is a much bigger asset then our 1st pick in the upcoming draft.. Id also like to see him back to being 100% & then make a choice.

Comment

LOL, on-line writers around the NBA know how to build up hits: write some anonymous source rumour, or just create one, about the Raptors, and all the naive little kiddies in TDot will be infected by it and spread it like an Alice in Wonderland cancer. What a gullible bunch here at RR

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
                I would be quite upset if they traded Lowry. This "Ego" that people elude to Lowry possessing is confused with competitiveness and hustle. He does everything, from rebound, to take charges, to hit big shots, to drive fearlessly to the bucket and dive for loose balls. His work ethic has rubbed off on Demar, and it's evident in his rebounding numbers.
                Lets not forget how Lowry reacted to Dragic taking over his starting role last year or his assault charge of a female ref when he wasn't happy with her call. His history is filled with more than 'competitiveness and hustle'

Comment

Every team needs that crazy guy. His expected to play tomorrow. Will come off the bench.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Tomorrow's game will be fun to watch and so will Friday's

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                      What entails a good deal?

of the 10 teams that are currently struggling right now, which team has a point guard the same calibre as Lowry and will those teams be willing to trade?

As far as i can recall, no all-star or borderline all-star has been traded that netted his team a better or even a fair deal.
                      I believe I said in my post .. Id be looking for roughly what we gave up for him (which btw, I said was too much at the time) .. a high first rounder this year or next year.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        Im ok with moving Lowry if it is a clear upgrade for our team, i just hope we dont trade him for junk & 2013 1st rounder.. i feel Lowry is a much bigger asset then our 1st pick in the upcoming draft.. Id also like to see him back to being 100% & then make a choice.
                        The evidence would suggest otherwise. Its starting to look like we might have got taken in this trade. Id be more than happy to get back the pick that we traded for Lowry. We are looking like a bottom-feeder with him .. so not sure how great he is. Also, we have JC, who, while I dont love, is the best 2nd option that we have at any position ...

Comment

yep they got a decent return too.. have to add they got Devin Harris in that deal aswell though.
                          You guys are crazy to compare Melo and D WIll to Lowry .... not even close to the same caliber of player that those guys were when traded. D Will was considered a top 5 PG in the league (Lowry something like 10-15th), and Melo a top 5 (maybe top 3 SF)

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                            You guys are crazy to compare Melo and D WIll to Lowry .... not even close to the same caliber of player that those guys were when traded. D Will was considered a top 5 PG in the league (Lowry something like 10-15th), and Melo a top 5 (maybe top 3 SF)
                            we werent compairing..just responded to a post about all-stars or borderline all stars trade returns in the recent past & mentioned the melo & deron trades as trades that worked out sweet for there old teams

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                              The evidence would suggest otherwise. Its starting to look like we might have got taken in this trade...
                              Really? Is this a serious post? Who were the Raps going to draft with that pick that would be better than Lowry? Any names?

Comment

we werent compairing..just responded to a post about all-stars or borderline all stars trade returns in the recent past & mentioned the melo & deron trades as trades that worked out sweet for there old teams
                                Yeah, not sure how mountio read that we were comparing Lowry to those 2. The discussion was started when someone said that you mid-season trades with good players never work out.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X