Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry being packaged on the block already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is true it makes the management look bad and a guy like Lowry hearing murmers about being on a trade block already? awful. Calderon is always solid no surprise let him do it off the bench.

Comment

This is utter nonsense. This franchise stuck around to watch Bargs do nothing for 7 years and yet Lowry's on his way out? This nonsense needs to stop.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I don't want to trade Lowry just for the sake of trading him.. however I also don't want to see another Bosh situation. Lowry has only 1 and a half years left on his contract. Come February, his trade stock will be at its highest. Once the summer comes, most teams may reconsider giving up assets for him since he'll be an unrestricted FA in one year (thus a rental). The Raptors on the other hand would have to decide if he is a long term answer (and possibly a max contract guy).

Personally, I think Lowry is the most talented guy on the team. And this team needs as many talented players as they can get.. however they are no where close to competing at a high level and Lowry is already 26. A bull dog type player like him will decline fast. Most PG's that play hard nosed ball don't last long in the league unfortunately. So I would be okay to move on without him for the right price.

Comment

Why does this always happen to the raps?

This reminds me in some ways of John Stockton vs Gary Payton debate, Stockton being the consummate teammate where as Payton was by far the most talented PG of his era but known for being a bit of a jerk towards his teammates. Not that Jose or Kyle are on either of their levels. However Stockton like Jose played to make his teammates better, and while Lowry doesn't rock the boat like GP did he does have a bit of an attitude problem. I think if you asked the team who's more talented they would all tell you it's Lowry, but ask them who they'd rather play with I think for the most part they would say Jose, especially the Bigs on the team (ed, jv, amir etc), because Jose makes an effort to get everyone involved and he isn't jacking up threes in 7 seconds or less like Lowry is prone to doing at times.... Sure sometimes it goes in, but a lot of times in crucial moments of the game.... it doesn't. My biggest concern with Lowry is that he thinks he's an all star, and he surely is if stats were the only indicator of how good a player is, but we all know that isn't always the case and in his case his ego gets in the way of team success. I don't know what to do with him but if we can get a first rounder for him I'm all for it. There are some interesting PG prospects in this coming draft (Michael Carter Williams, Lorenzo Brown, Marcus Smart and Ray McCallum just to name a few). Whatever happens though this has to be one of the most bizarre Raptors seasons in a while. From expectations being so high to the team falling so low, Bargnani looking like he's back in his sophmore season, Jose being on the block first and now Kyle being on the block instead. Remember when people used to say this: In BC we trust... lmao memories

Comment

His ego gets in the way of team success? How can you say this after he played what, 16 games with the Raps? I'd rather trade Jose as soon as Lowry gets back on the court, make him start until the trade deadline and see. I'm sure Lowry, once he's 100% healthy and playing big minutes (around 35 a game), could be playing like an all star. So let's just wait for now then see. To me Jose's era in Toronto got to be a thing of the past, for the Raps but also for Jose. Trade Lowry now? I think I'd become a Lakers fan.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Whatever brings more talent to Toronto I am all for it.

2 things must be noted:

1) Lowry is by far the most talented player in Toronto and has played just 3 games healthy.

2) I find Sam Smith to be a notorious ass-talker..... because it takes one to know one afterall
              Not sure why a Chicago beat writer is discussing rumors about the Raptors.

I agree. Hard to believe BC is already shopping Lowry after only a handful of legit games. He's already tried to trade Jose 3 times, i doubt he's changed his mind already based on 13 games, well unless this is the Raps core that he's made up his mind with, then we are all fucked.

Comment

hahahaha. i dont really think that Lowry is being shopped around.

Although I'm curious if we can actually get anything decent in return for Bargnani before the trade deadline. Seems unlikely.
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Im not sure how people are "calling BS" or not believing its possible that BC is shopping KL.

Id be massively disappointed if he wasnt!

I think KL is the better PG to keep over JC .. but if you can make a good deal with KL to get more value back, we should absolutely consider it. I think we all know what JC's trade value is (not very much .. maybe a late first rounder / 2nd rounder ala Barbosa last year) - so if you can call a mulligan on KL and get a first round pick similar to the one we gave up (or even get our exact pick back via OKC) .. Id do that all day every day. Same if you can package KL with AB to get a better package than JC/AB gets you.

Do I think JC is the answer at PG .. not necessarily, but hes a lot better option at PG than we have at most of our other positions, so Im cool if thats the route we take to improve the team.

Comment

Can't see this as having any truth to it. Lowry is still hands down the best over all player on the roster. Now, if only someone can talk some sense into him so he stops playing balls out all the time and injuring himself.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      Can't see this as having any truth to it. Lowry is still hands down the best over all player on the roster. Now, if only someone can talk some sense into him so he stops playing balls out all the time and injuring himself.
                      In all honesty, the team was struggling to score around him. He felt he had to do something. Was he forcing the issue? Yes. I'm just waiting for the Raps to lose the rest of the road trip with Calderon having so-so games like last night so that the pitchforks come out and the fans demanding that he be shipped to Spain for a crate of oranges.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I would be ok with trading Lowry if we got back a really good player, but this team MUST trade Jose. The team cannot continue to give away assets for nothing (VC Trade, Bosh, etc). When you have an expiring deal on a UFA, you either re-sign before the season or trade. Look at Utah with Deron, and Denver with Melo as prime examples. Jose isn't in their stratosphere, but the point is the same.

If the team continues to keep both players by season's end, then the season wasn't a success to me. Jose must go for the good of the franchise.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          In all honesty, the team was struggling to score around him. He felt he had to do something. Was he forcing the issue? Yes. I'm just waiting for the Raps to lose the rest of the road trip with Calderon having so-so games like last night so that the pitchforks come out and the fans demanding that he be shipped to Spain for a crate of oranges.
                          That's so true. When Lowry went down and Jose played well against a soft schedule many were talking about Lowry being selfish and trying to play hero ball all the time. He was put in a position when the players around him were not producing and him being a competitor had to push the issue. Ofcourse that results in turn overs, but what do you expect? Lowry is the type of player that if he is going down, he's going to go down with guns blazing. Like you said, once the schedule gets tougher and the Rap's lose a few games everyone will be crying for Lowry to get back and Jose will once again be the pylon we should trade right away along with Bargnani for a "game changer" like teams are just lining up their franchise players to exchange for Jose and Andrea.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                            Im not sure how people are "calling BS" or not believing its possible that BC is shopping KL.

Id be massively disappointed if he wasnt!

I think KL is the better PG to keep over JC .. but if you can make a good deal with KL to get more value back, we should absolutely consider it. I think we all know what JC's trade value is (not very much .. maybe a late first rounder / 2nd rounder ala Barbosa last year) - so if you can call a mulligan on KL and get a first round pick similar to the one we gave up (or even get our exact pick back via OKC) .. Id do that all day every day. Same if you can package KL with AB to get a better package than JC/AB gets you.

Do I think JC is the answer at PG .. not necessarily, but hes a lot better option at PG than we have at most of our other positions, so Im cool if thats the route we take to improve the team.
                            What entails a good deal?

of the 10 teams that are currently struggling right now, which team has a point guard the same calibre as Lowry and will those teams be willing to trade?

As far as i can recall, no all-star or borderline all-star has been traded that netted his team a better or even a fair deal.
                            Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Dec 27, 2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                              What entails a good deal?

of the 10 teams that are currently struggling right now, which team has a point guard the same calibre as Lowry and will those teams be willing to trade?

As far as i can recall, no all-star or borderline all-star has been traded that netted his team a better or even a fair deal.
                              id say the return Denver got for melo was quite fair.. actually i think it was a very good deal for Denver

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                                id say the return Denver got for melo was quite fair.. actually i think it was a very good deal for Denver
                                I'd say Utah did alright with the Deron trade. Favors, Kanter & Golden State's first rounder (Golden State's first-round pick, which is partially protected, in 2012. That selection is top-seven protected in 2012 and 2013 and top-six protected in 2014.)
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X