Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Steve Nash.....

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Steve Nash.....

Coming to Toronto? Twitters buzzing that Lakers are shopping him and Toronto is one of the top spots he could be landing in.. Please God NO! This is something BC would be all over doesn't look like something Ujiri would be looking for.

Raptors Republic Superstar rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no... He's too old to play basketball. It's perfect time to retire.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

His contract is huge... 9.3 this year and 9.7 the next. we couldn't afford him and I don't want us to.

Post Thanks / Like

Right??? The only thing I want from Nash right now is telling me hello as I walk into a Wal-Mart

5. Like Jkwasia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it involves the Lakers 1st round pick then i'd say yes.

Kyle Lowry for Steve Nash + Lakers 1st round pick.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

7. Like Nilanka, Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie xRevise's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ldoeelp
    In:
    Pau Gasol
    Steve Nash
    +2 Lakers first rounders 2014, 2016
    Out:
    Rudy Gay
    Amir Johnson
    Kyle Lowry

Pau comes off the books at season's end.. and we get rid of Sir Chucks Alot aka Rudy Gay
    Let the full tank/rebuild begin.
    Last edited by xRevise; Sun Nov 3rd, 2013 at 10:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm and Ujiri is Jedi enough to do that but LA isnt parting with that 1st round maybe if they were competing this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Lakers traded last season's pick and traded next year's pick to PHX in the Nash deal. You can't trade picks in consecutive years, so that is a no go
    Last edited by phdmac; Sun Nov 3rd, 2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added info
    Ball Don't Lie

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No thanks. In retrospect, I'm very happy he chose the Lakers originally.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

12. Like Miekenstien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pau and Nash? Hell no.

Post Thanks / Like

Nash would be a good guy to have on the team from a leadership standpoint... but that's about it. that contract is horrific. plus he's old. really old.

in a couple years he'll be on the team in a head office type role
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Moving Nash makes sense to the Lakers but what twitter feeds are reporting this? Are they reputable sources or just fans saying they want Nash gone due to their frustration?

Nash I think would still be a good fit for the Raptors but only for this season. They need a facilitator with the way MU is running his offense. He would work in the short term but he's obviously not an option in the long term. As for salaries working.. can't do a Nash/Lowry swap.. need to add another piece. Plus it's been stated that LA can't give up their pick since their 2015 pick is going to Phoenix. Only way to get LA's 2014 pick is for Toronto to give them their 2014 pick or their 2015 pick, and LA may have a better team next year than this year.. plus if they swap 2014 picks it kind of defeats the purpose.

As for Gasol - he has a large expiring contract... but his contract will not be easy to move. Not many teams will have $19M in cap space to trade for and if they would want him you'll be getting back big contracts with long term deals. So say you trade Gay for Gasol.... Gasol will leave at the end of the season and you won't get anything for him. That's like trading Gay for nothing. I'd prefer a tangible asset in return like a pick or a prospect.

LAL is a very bad trading partner in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Alex Kennedy and Arash Markazi both tweeted about it
    Ball Don't Lie

17. Like planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phdmac wrote: View Post
    Alex Kennedy and Arash Markazi both tweeted about it
    Thanks... here is the twitter update:

Post Thanks / Like

Nash would be great post retirement in a Jamal Magloire esque role, training current Rap players mainly guards a thing or 2. Thats about all I'd want from him now.

Post Thanks / Like

If he wants to play backup to Lowry, and the Raps can keep draft picks, their starters, Fields, Ross, Psycho T, Buycks, and Stone...so does DJ, Daye, and Gray work?

Lol. No thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

If they're interested in Gay, I'd go for it if somehow picks are coming back, and no picks are going out, and none of Jonas, Tyler, Kyle, Landry, Terrence, Quincy or Amir are involved. I'd even like to keep Novak around. OK, Stone too. I can't really see DeMar involved in this trade either.

So, Gay + any of Buycks, Daye, Gray, and Augustine for Nash + Picks + Filler.

Doesn't really sounds like there is a deal to be made here, since Gay's salary and Nash's salary don't match. But, if we get Gay's chucking out of the lineup, replace Augustine with Nash, and get at least one pick somehow? Works for me.

Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

its amazing how many of you have no idea how much better for this team Steve Nash is than ANYTHING they currently have playing the PG position. Toronto is ridiculously flawed when it comes to actually PLAYING BASKETBALL. almost all of you hate the offence, its stalls, too many jacked shots from the wrong guys, ZERO ability to utilize the post..... yet all you worry about is 1.5 years of Steve Nash not being a good defender...WTF?????????????? You havent had defence for 15 years, why worry now when the guy could help transform this teams offence, and CULTURE from bush league to contender status.

What a sad, SAD state of affairs man. Its like peoples brains actually reset from thread to thread.

23. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star brothersteve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For the moment, a Steve Nash trade to Toronto is a complete fantasy. For one, unless the Raptors want to include Kyle Lowry or another player from their starting lineup, any deal will be difficult to fit under the provisions of the CBA.

“I am 39. I’ll be 40 in a few months,” Nash said. “So you have to adapt your mindset to the new challenge. This is where I’m at. I have to get on top of my body, and I’ve got to let my game come around.

“The nerves in the broken leg, then the nerves in the back and hamstring (last season) … I’d never felt my nerves in my life. I feel them every day now.
    Raptors Rumors: Steve Nash Trade Possible?

Lakers have almost no players that aren't on expiring deals/ will be free agents in July. They have no picks available to trade - not even a 2nd round pick until 2016. Lakers could trade their 2014 1st at the draft by picking for another team, but not before. Nash is still owed $18m currently and that's a lot of money for a guy who's about to turn 40, is hurting and may never fully recover from last season's injuries - that doesn't even make Nash a good pickup for a "tank" job.
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information